Indiana Jones' 25th anniversary

Lon

The 25th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark is Monday, June 12 and I can't believe there isn't much fanfare surrounding it. Jaws saw a huge fan event and celebration last year for its 30th anniversary. Raiders is a bigger film than Jaws.

Yeah I got pizza , and beer along with a sofa, to watch Raiders, and after it ill even go party with my friends, aint it good enough? :whip:

IndyBuff

I agree that a celebration about the film is definately in order. At least we'll honor it here at The Raven, even if nobody else does. I'll be celebrating by watching the film myself.:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
On Monday??? Didn't know... I'll have an Indy marathon. Watching Raiders, Temple and Crusade. I don't have any friends into it... Hey, Cammy wanna celebrate together since we're in close locations?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Out of the three biggest Indy sites, TheRaider.net, The Indy Experience.com and Indiana Jones.com, only TR.n has noted the Raiders 25th anniversary by adding one small 100x35 pixel pic with a link to their site. Pathetic.

Joe Brody

Why is there any need for an anniversary celebration when Lucasfilms is doubtlessly still bloated from the DVD revenue?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Actually I just realised it's a public holiday in my state. Monday is the Queen's Birthday holiday. It's a long weekend. So I can watch each film on all three days. But, I'll watch LC (Saturday) then ToD (Sunday) and Raiders on Monday!

Joe Brody

I the only thing I'd like for the anniversary is a press release confirming that work has commenced on the next film.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
I the only thing I'd like for the anniversary is a press release confirming that work has commenced on the next film.

Dream on Joey, dream on . . .

Well I have my copy of ROTLA all ready and waiting for tonight after work, and a good work out at the driving range!

Ray Delark

Lon said:
The 25th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark is Monday, June 12 and I can't believe there isn't much fanfare surrounding it. Jaws saw a huge fan event and celebration last year for its 30th anniversary. Raiders is a bigger film than Jaws.

Raiders is my favorite movie. I haven't had a comparable experience since first seeing it 25 years ago. As I watched it, I kept thinking "THAT'S the way for me!" It inspired me as nothing else has, and changed my life for good...

roto13

Lon said:
Then maybe it'll get a big thing on it's 30th anniversary.

Or maybe it's not all the important to begin with.

Ste2652

rotothirteen said:
Or maybe it's not all the important to begin with.

Oh, I think the Indy films were very important. Their box-office success alone shows that, but I recall some organisation in the US thinks that Raiders of the Lost Ark is so important that they've kept a copy to preserve for future generations. So, on Indy's hundredth anniversary, he may still be cracking that whip :p (EDIT: It's the Library of Congress. I think that speaks for itself!)

Not that I have to tell anyone on this board why those three films are great anyway ;)

Happy Raiders Day, everyone. Here's to Indy IV. :whip: