That's A Wrap Video Screenshots

Adolf Hitler

Zorg said:
Harrison's smile in the first pic is just priceless. He looks really happy!
Yes, and I for one and very excited and the prospect of seeing a movie made in this decade in which Harrison smiles!

nitzsche

Does that Cate picture look like she's the only one not on an Indy set or in costume? They must really be trying to keep a secret how she will appear in the film.

Professor Jones

Woa... This is a great thread: lots of themes to speak about and lot of enthusiasm! Then I'll sum up some thoughts:

1. Has not been confermed that John Hurt is Abner... is just a fan supposition. But from these photos I really suspect that, and it would be interesting for the plot for me.

2. Actually, I agree with those who think that the toast shot could not be the wedding scene: harrison's trousers and the coloured bowtie makes him look not properly dressed for his wedding (his suit should be dark: blue or gray...).

3. That does not means that it could be the final scene, anyway. The fact that they're all together (Abner, Indy and Shia) and all well dressed makes think that. And beside I would love an ending in the University, like the Fate of Atlantis Comic book. It would close the saga in Indy's natural ambience: the faculty.

Adolf Hitler

Professor Jones said:
Woa... This is a great thread: lots of themes to speak about and lot of enthusiasm! Then I'll sum up some thoughts:

1. Has not been confermed that John Hurt is Abner... is just a fan supposition. But from these photos I really suspect that, and it would be interesting for the plot for me.

2. Actually, I agree with those who think that the toast shot could not be the wedding scene: harrison's trousers and the coloured bowtie makes him look not properly dressed for his wedding (his suit should be dark: blue or gray...).

3. That does not means that it could be the final scene, anyway. The fact that they're all together (Abner, Indy and Shia) and all well dressed makes think that. And beside I would love an ending in the University, like the Fate of Atlantis Comic book. It would close the saga in Indy's natural ambience: the faculty.
If you watch the wrap party video on the official site you can see that the final shot of Last Crusade was part of the train jumping sequence with young Indy - and we all know that most movies are shot out of sequence, so I would say that it's a fair conjecture that the wrap footage was not of the final scene.

Kingsley

Indy could perfectly marry wearing that way...
probably Karen Allen is present in the wrap too, but showing her in a wedding dress could be the biggest spoiler yet... A woman's arm toasts with harrison and spielberg at the end of the video, could it be hers?

But I don't like my own assumption!! :mad:

Shortie

Zorg said:
Why not? This will be his first blockbluster since 'Air Force One'. If you're a big star & haven't had a huge movie in 10 years but another one's coming you'd be happy too.

Kingsley

Seven main characters and only one bad guy (bad girl actually)?

John Hurt or Ray Winstone can probably take a part in the dark side too. I don't know, maybe to avoid falling in the Donovan and Elsas traitor characters, this time it could be an inverse development... someone who begins as a baddie can redeem himself (Abner?). It's a complex enough character to play an ambiguous role through the story.

Wilhelm

I think that Harrison is wearing the professor clothes (Glasses etc) from the opening action scene in the university. LaBeouf looks like a student and Hurt as professor Ravenwood.

|ZiR|

Kingsley said:

John Hurt or Ray Winstone can probably take a part in the dark side too.

Yeah, I read a rumor that Ray Winstone's going to be a traitor. He looks it, too. Shifty eyes, man, shifty eyes. Gotta watch for those.

And I like that the main antagonist (as far as we know) is a woman. That's an Indy first.

Zorg said:

I know! Ford's got one of those infectious smiles that just light up the whole room. So darling.

TennesseBuck

Kingsley said:

John Hurt or Ray Winstone can probably take a part in the dark side too. I don't know, maybe to avoid falling in the Donovan and Elsas traitor characters, this time it could be an inverse development... someone who begins as a baddie can redeem himself (Abner?). It's a complex enough character to play an ambiguous role through the story.

Remember that we have yet to find out the whole cast of characters yet. I just have my doubts that Abner Ravenwood figures in the story at all, unless it is a flashback to Marion's younger years!!! I have said before that this could end being the Ravenwood Saga...and Marion might just become Marion Jones at the end! :gun:

IrishLuck1980

Just wait till the first trailer comes out. I can't wait. I'll be watching the 1080p version all day and nite for days!!! And of course I'll have my wife calling me a geek the whole time. She just doesn't understand. :gun:

Chris Jones

IrishLuck1980 said:
Just wait till the first trailer comes out. I can't wait. I'll be watching the 1080p version all day and nite for days!!! And of course I'll have my wife calling me a geek the whole time. She just doesn't understand. :gun:

I'll be doing the same :)

Joe Brody

Gotta love how they don't give the locale for the final wrap. Just another scene in the good 'ol 'U' 'S' of 'A'.

[dryly]What a magically transporting clip that was.

Did people really dress like that in the '50's? I remember my Disney films and Hardy Boys cover art -- and they didn't look anything like the way the INDYIV cast costumes. WTF. WTF. WTF.

loganbush

Just wait till the first trailer comes out. I can't wait. I'll be watching the 1080p version all day and nite for days!!! And of course I'll have my wife calling me a geek the whole time. She just doesn't understand.

I might watch it every day until May 22. When the Rocky Balboa trailer came out it looked awesome and I watched it around 20 times. That's the best "get you pumped" trailer I've ever seen. I thought the movie was gonna suck.

EDIT:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/rockybalboa/trailer1/
It still gets me pumped and I've seen it like 6 times.

Last edited:

nzlc

But isnt shia supposed to be a "greaser" so wouldnt it be more likely that in the film he starts off as a greaser than turns all non-greaser with nice clothes like in the wrap video not the other way round.Also shia could not be in costume and he had shot a scene earlier in the day and just gotten changed for the toast,because prehaps the final scene was a indy one which would explain harrisons suspenders

Kingsley

Joe Brody said:
Did people really dress like that in the '50's? I remember my Disney films and Hardy Boys cover art -- and they didn't look anything like the way the INDYIV cast costumes. WTF. WTF. WTF.
I think Shia, John Hurt and Cate Blanchett aren't wearing a costume. But I agree it's a disappointment to compare the wrap of the two first movies with the last... seems so sedentary. I know it's just one shot in a whole movie, but that explosion in Raiders, that was a way to end the work!!

Kingsley said:
I think Shia, John Hurt and Cate Blanchett aren't wearing a costume. But I agree it's a disappointment to compare the wrap of the two first movies with the last... seems so sedentary. I know it's just one shot in a whole movie, but that explosion in Raiders, that was a way to end the work!!

Who's to say there was no explosion on the last day of KotCS? I doubt they'd show us that in the wrap video. But I do recall reading that there were pyrotechnics at the airport... so... I wouldn't be surprised if they went out with a bang.

I guess time will tell...

Professor Jones

Adolf Hitler said:
If you watch the wrap party video on the official site you can see that the final shot of Last Crusade was part of the train jumping sequence with young Indy - and we all know that most movies are shot out of sequence, so I would say that it's a fair conjecture that the wrap footage was not of the final scene.

Woops.. Sorry I made a grammatical error... that's why I didn't understand your post... When I wrote "3. That does not means that it could be the final scene, anyway." I meant: "that doesn't means that it couldn't be the final scene"... Argh. Too negations... ehehe

I mean, surely we're just conjecturing.... Of course the shooting does not follows the order of the script! but the fact that they're ALL elegant dressed suggest that it could really be the final scene (John Hurt has cut his beard...), but it does not seem to be a wedding scene, because of their dressing... that's more or less what I meant.