For those who really didn't like it...

No Ticket

Lon said:
Yes you are whining. Just like George Lucas said you would.

You're *****ing that somehow this changes the quality of the other three films which is absurd.

How old are you?

Well he is entitled to his opinion, but I honestly don't see how this movie could make the others quality suddenly change. That is pretty stupid.

Vendetta08

No, the originals are still amazing. This new one doesn't impact the first three at all. Wish I could say the same about Star Wars.

No Ticket

Vendetta08 said:
No, the originals are still amazing. This new one doesn't impact the first three at all. Wish I could say the same about Star Wars.

It's a lot harder because George decided to inject stuff form the prequels in the originals. He couldn't just leave them alone.

davejames

Lon said:
Yes you are whining. Just like George Lucas said you would.

You're *****ing that somehow this changes the quality of the other three films which is absurd.

How old are you?

And I suppose you've NEVER complained about a movie on a message board yourself? Give me a freakin break.

Lucas said people would whine about the SW prequels too, and guess what, people did because those movies sucked.

fedoraboy

No Ticket said:
I honestly don't see how this movie could make the others quality suddenly change. That is pretty stupid.

Of course it can't change the 'quality' of the previous movies, but it can, and I'm sure will, create negative connotations with the character which could diminish (maybe just slightly or maybe a lot) the viewing experience of the other three films.

The Indy legacy is tarnished, and people can say that I'm over reacting and that it's 'just a movie' but we all love Indy, that's why we are here, and it was a uniquely brilliant franchise that has now been lumbered with an appalling final act.

Mike00spy

Agent Spalko said:
I can never again watch Raiders.

LOL

Seriously, do you guys have a stack of tissues next to your computer? This is whining at its best (or worst, if you prefer). Are you fans of any other franchise? Does Godfather III make part 1 or 2 worse? Does Moonraker tarnish Goldfinger? Even if you hated the movie, what an extreme overreaction you all have.

So whatever, keep spending your free time complaining on message boards if it makes you feel any better.

Oh, and I know you will watch Raiders again....

MolaRam2

fedoraboy said:
Would anybody really want another one after this??? Surely things can only get worse...

Although, as it has been continually reported over the years, Spielberg apparently made Crusade as an 'apology' for doom, so maybe we can expect another 14 good Indy films, which would just about make up for this abomination...

I find it funny that Spielberg felt he had to apologize for my favorite movie, yet he likely won't apologize for KOTCS. Temple was pure Indy, KOTCS is just a little Indy, with a bunch of other crap.

No Ticket

fedoraboy said:
Of course it can't change the 'quality' of the previous movies, but it can, and I'm sure will, create negative connotations with the character which could diminish (maybe just slightly or maybe a lot) the viewing experience of the other three films.

The Indy legacy is tarnished, and people can say that I'm over reacting and that it's 'just a movie' but we all love Indy, that's why we are here, and it was a uniquely brilliant franchise that has now been lumbered with an appalling final act.

Oh PLEASE!! It's no different than if you had read KOTCS as a novel, a comic or video game or whatever. Just because it exists as a movie doesn't mean it has to ruin your perception of the other movies.

IT IS ALL FAKE. If you don't like it so much then just ignore it. Seriously.

davejames

No Ticket said:
Oh PLEASE!! It's no different than if you had read KOTCS as a novel, a comic or video game or whatever. Just because it exists as a movie doesn't mean it has to ruin your perception of the other movies.

IT IS ALL FAKE. If you don't like it so much then just ignore it. Seriously.

Sorry if we're not all a bunch of emotionless robots. I won't have a problem watching Raiders again myself, but I definitely understand the sentiment these people are expressing.

Ever since the SW prequels came out, I've had no real interest in popping in the original movies again. I'm sure I will eventually, but for now I still have the bad taste of all that endless hype and talk and disappointment in my mouth. The name "Star Wars" doesn't have the same magical ring it used to. All that comes to mind when I hear the name NOW are the dull, lifeless prequels and the crushing disappointment that came with them.

Thankfully this is only one bad Indy movie we're talking about here. If there were 3 bad ones, spread out over 10 years and with all the endless hype that came with the SW prequels, I'd probably be completely sick of Indy too. lol

Bantu-Wind

They weren't tarnished for me. I think if anything, my reverence for them has been enhanced.

I just watched Last Crusade and realized how much more I found myself appreciating the writing, shot compositions, lighting techniques and action sequences.

I couldn't really get into Crystal Skull, but the effects of that both start and stop with that movie and that movie alone.

IrishLuck1980

Munkeewrench said:
I found the movie to be quite enjoyable and have no complaints...

...but then again I am an adult...:gun: ...

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you implying we're all children? Look at my screen name. Use your head. The majority of the people here remember when Indiana Jones was a new thing. So you can shut your mouth about a comment like that.

IH8Snakes

IrishLuck1980 said:
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you implying we're all children? Look at my screen name. Use your head. The majority of the people here remember when Indiana Jones was a new thing. So you can shut your mouth about a comment like that.

Well maybe those who still remember Jones as the 'new thing' are still acting like kids.

fedoraboy

IH8Snakes said:
Well maybe those who still remember Jones as the 'new thing' are still acting like kids.

Lucas and Spielberg may be treating us like we're kids, vomitting a cartoon toy shop commercial all over the screen, but there is nothing 'kid-like' about expecting an Indy movie, that's taken 19 years to prep, to be anything but as well written, well acted, well shot and well delivered, as the previous three. Which this clearly wasn't.

Legendary Times

fedoraboy said:
Would anybody really want another one after this???

Funny thing is, if this movie will rake in the dough, which it will, they won't care whether or not "anybody" would want another one after this.

Let's remember that

ROTLA made $245,034,358.00
TOD made $179,880,271.00
LC made $197,171,806.00

So, if the finances are galactic, you really think you'll have any say in this? Of course it'll happen. It's Hollywood. Money talks.

Will I be happy if there's another one? You bet!

Legendary Times

Lon said:
Yes you are whining. Just like George Lucas said you would. You're *****ing that somehow this changes the quality of the other three films which is absurd. How old are you?

I almost fell off my chair laughing! Right on, man!

Legendary Times

Mike00spy said:
Seriously, do you guys have a stack of tissues next to your computer? This is whining at its best (or worst, if you prefer). Are you fans of any other franchise? Does Godfather III make part 1 or 2 worse? Does Moonraker tarnish Goldfinger? Even if you hated the movie, what an extreme overreaction you all have. So whatever, keep spending your free time complaining on message boards if it makes you feel any better. Oh, and I know you will watch Raiders again....

I have tears running down one cheek I'm laughing so hard! My girlfriend just asked me from next door what was so funny!