Ancient aliens

Lance Quazar

Matt deMille said:
And Lance, have you even looked at that book? Do you even know what I mean by "Story telling"? You're jumping to conclusions, indeed not checking your evidence, something I seem to be accused of a lot around here. Per the book, here's an example: Hancock simply adds a bit of flavor by describing how exhausting it was to climb the Great Pyramid. That's what the "story telling is". That's not adding facts or sidetracking the research in any way. It's just making it a little more interesting to read, for Christ's sake.

I was only going based off what you said. That the book had a "narrative". Yes, I admit I was "jumping to conclusions", but only inasmuch as I was reacting to what you had described. It's not my fault you weren't clear.

You want to talk about jumping to conclusions. How is this for a Grand Canyon sized leap of logic -

And, if there IS life outside of ourselves, then it stands to reason life in the cosmos is the norm, not the exception. Therefore it may not be just one alien civilization visiting us. It could be several, each with different agendas and appearances. Maybe one civilization is from another planet, maybe another is ourselves from the future.

You go from speculating that there may be life somewhere in the universe to positing that we're being visited by MULTIPLE alien sources at the same time.

100% pure unfounded and absurd speculation. You're not arguing, you're not reasoning, you're not using logic or science. You're just making stuff up out of whole cloth.

Montana Smith said:
Is this the image of the owl Moloch surounding the US Capitol building?
It is. Here he is on our currency:

2069188-money-owl-a.jpg

Matt deMille

Lance Quazar said:
I was only going based off what you said. That the book had a "narrative". Yes, I admit I was "jumping to conclusions", but only inasmuch as I was reacting to what you had described. It's not my fault you weren't clear.

You want to talk about jumping to conclusions. How is this for a Grand Canyon sized leap of logic -

You go from speculating that there may be life somewhere in the universe to positing that we're being visited by MULTIPLE alien sources at the same time.

100% pure unfounded and absurd speculation. You're not arguing, you're not reasoning, you're not using logic or science. You're just making stuff up out of whole cloth.

Okay, sooooo, if evidence of an alien civilization was confirmed, THEN everyone would know that we know there's ONLY TWO civilizations in the universe, right? That's your thinking? The working hypothesis for the mainstream is that we're alone. If that's proven wrong with evidence of another (alien) civilization, then that working model is faulty. If life is out there, how can we possibly be so arrogant as to say we know exactly how much there is?

Sorry, Lance, you're the one now sounding absurd. I'm not "making stuff up". I'm not stating the home planet of this race or the skin color of that race. I'm talking about a viewpoint. How do you "make up" a viewpoint? Data and views . . . they're two totally different things.

time-raider

Montana Smith said:
OFF TOPIC ASIDE: were the silver discs that Alexander saw merely wheel hubs belonging to Tyre/Tire?

What is wrong with my stated hypothesis? Ya'll have been bad mouthing Matt for what he believes in, and I'll give ya'll have a few points, but there is nothing wrong with my theory.

Attila this thread has ceased to be a discussion on ancient astronauts and is more of a name call and mud slinging ring. When theories get nothing but heckles from the galley...look its just not conducive of open debate and so I personally no longer find this thread helpful but hurtful. These threads aren't just for pure scientist but for the layman as well.

Last thought from the words of someone famous:
Why can't we be friends?(y)

Matt deMille

time-raider said:
What is wrong with my stated hypothesis? Ya'll have been bad mouthing Matt for what he believes in, and I'll give ya'll have a few points, but there is nothing wrong with my theory.

Attila this thread has ceased to be a discussion on ancient astronauts and is more of a name call and mud slinging ring. When theories get nothing but heckles from the galley...look its just not conducive of open debate and so I personally no longer find this thread helpful but hurtful. These threads aren't just for pure scientist but for the layman as well.

Last thought from the words of someone famous:
Why can't we be friends?(y)

Thank you, Time Raider.

Yes, Attila, a lot of the hecklers seem to be under the assumption that this is all about science (on a website based on movies about a guy who rides a submarine across the Med and can push over 30' tall stone statues, no less). What about laymen? I've struggled to maintain a debate about very broad and difficult-to-prove concepts, and I get mostly insults in return. I've stated before in this thread that if the hecklers didn't like the debate they should just refrain from the kindergarten comments and say nothing. Isn't there something that can be done? Like maybe banning a few of these guys who continually derail debate with one cheap-shot after another? I know that sounds severe, but some of us were enjoying this thread at times, and every time it got some momentum, one of the usual suspects would come in with their trollish behavior and start barking baseless insults.

Last edited:

Gabeed

You made this thread to continue a debate from a previous thread which was debating the validity of ancient aliens, not a sharing of crazy theories without any evidence to back them up.

But maybe I misinterpreted things. Maybe we are delving too much on science, and evidence. We should focus on theories that scientists can easily disprove, but laymen believe in because they are uneducated in the proper fields and can open their minds beyond facts and evidence. We should just share them, but not critique them or subject them to any scientific scrutiny.

In that case, I'd like to get back on board with my Ancient Zebra Mussel Theory. What is the significance of the line running from Lake Michigan to L'Anse Aux Meadows and Carthage? Is it merely a line connecting the maritime powers of the world? Or is there something more?

I think there might be more to this. A line going just about perpendicular to the Carthage/Lake Michigan line runs through both Tire and Alexandria--two more maritime centers of the ancient world.

I think this all has to do with the fall of the Hittites around 1200 BC. Legend has it conglomeration of "Sea Peoples" destroyed their civilization within a couple decades, burning their capital at Hattusas to the ground (and also attacked Egypt). Yet Hattusas is in the middle of Asia Minor, hundreds of miles from the coast! There's no way a group of nomads could wander in and destroy one of the greatest civilizations of the Iron Age that quickly. Given my personal encounters with zebra mussels, I have no choice but to conclude that the Sea Peoples weren't human at all. Yes, I believe that our Lake Michigan race of zebra mussels, with extraterrestrial assistance, conquered the Hittites. I need to do some research, but I would not be surprised if Turkey turns out to be an important ley-line nexus surrounded by not only our good ol' Carthage line and Tire line, but other lines as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

Matt deMille

Attila, Gabeed's last post makes the problem abundantly clear.

By the way, Gabeed, I NEVER started this thread to talk about the validity of ancient aliens. I restarted an old thread by request of others to share theories and ideas. However, I did not start a thread to be insulted.

And as far as "easily disproving" these theories, that's all in your head, and is one of the primary things which hurts this forum. I could just as easily argue about how it has NEVER been proven that we are alone in the universe. Have you personally explored planet in the cosmos? No? Then how do you know? Your "reasoning" for ancient aliens (or aliens in general) or anything else I talk about being invalid stands on its head. Yet while I continue to try to invoke an interesting thread and bring fourth intriguing ideas, you just seem to delight in taking cheap shots at anything outside your little comfort bubble. I bring up ideas. You bring up pathetic insults.

Attila, is there a way to block users from a thread you've started? I'd really like to try and continue this thread, as there are many on here who do seem to appreciate it, but only allow them, indeed those who have pleasant or at least neutral things to say.

Montana Smith

Matt deMille said:
Thank you, Time Raider.

Yes, Attila, a lot of the hecklers seem to be under the assumption that this is all about science (on a website based on movies about a guy who rides a submarine across the Med and can push over 30' tall stone statues, no less). What about laymen? I've struggled to maintain a debate about very broad and difficult-to-prove concepts, and I get mostly insults in return. I've stated before in this thread that if the hecklers didn't like the debate they should just refrain from the kindergarten comments and say nothing. Isn't there something that can be done? Like maybe banning a few of these guys who continually derail debate with one cheap-shot after another? I know that sounds severe, but some of us were enjoying this thread at times, and every time it got some momentum, one of the usual suspects would come in with their trollish behavior and start barking baseless insults.

You would surely find it more constructive to discuss your theories/beliefs on a dedicated ancient astronaut/alien forum. Here you are addressing a general forum, most of whom came here specifically for their interest in Indiana Jones. Most, I would presume, separate the fictive world of Indiana Jones, from the controversial conspiracy theories that focus on re-interpreting history by employing theories of ancient astronauts/aliens. Because you actually believe these theories to have a truth, you take any alternative theory to be an insult.

I could imagine that there are some firm believers in God who would also find it insulting to be told that what they believe in is trash, or that believers in mainstream history are ignorant and narrow-minded individuals.

If you want this thread to go anywhere you'll have to accept there will be opposing views. If you're going to sit at the head of the table and express your belief, unless it's based solely on faith, then you'll be expected to provide evidence.

The evidence, however, is very shakey. The reality of a grid covering the globe as presented in the images in the link appear to be little more than invention. If that isn't the case, then you need to be arguing for your point of view. Convince us, otherwise what's the point of this thread?

Who's to say that Tyre didn't get it's name from the invention of pneumatic tryes, given to the people by aliens, and during battle the wheel hubs had a tendency to spin off into the air? That's just a theory, but I forget where I read it.

Gabeed

Matt deMille said:

By the way, Gabeed, I NEVER started this thread to talk about the validity of ancient aliens. I restarted an old thread by request of others to share theories and ideas. However, I did not start a thread to be insulted.

And as far as "easily disproving" these theories, that's all in your head, and is one of the primary things which hurts this forum. I could just as easily argue about how it has NEVER been proven that we are alone in the universe. Have you personally explored planet in the cosmos? No? Then how do you know? Your "reasoning" for ancient aliens (or aliens in general) or anything else I talk about being invalid stands on its head. Yet while I continue to try to invoke an interesting thread and bring fourth intriguing ideas, you just seem to delight in taking cheap shots at anything outside your little comfort bubble. I bring up ideas. You bring up pathetic insults.

Attila, is there a way to block users from a thread you've started? I'd really like to try and continue this thread, as there are many on here who do seem to appreciate it, but only allow them, indeed those who have pleasant or at least neutral things to say.

I completely agree with everything you're saying. My cheap shots are stopping the discussion of new ideas, and I apologize for that. We can never prove that aliens exist or not, or whether time travel theory is possible, or whether a race of bivalves could co-exist with female space rodents and bring about a maritime harmony that could only occur with the destruction of the Hittite Empire.

That's why I am bringing up my Ancient Zebra Mussel Theory. All I'm trying to do is bring up new ideas, like you. I think I saw a show once about squirrels that water-ski. Maybe the "evidence" the skeptics seek about a hybrid between the water-dwelling zebra mussels and the tree-dwelling squirrels is right before our very eyes. :hat:

teampunk

Matt deMille said:

but your not really discussing any theories or ideas. all your doing is throwing out half thoughts about grids and maybe aliens built some old stuff. there is more then enough mysteries out there to back up your claims. take the pyramids, no one knows how they were build. there are theories, ramps, spiral walkways around the sides, aliens, they just happened to be there when the egyptians found them. there is no conclusive proof. or easter island. why is it there? or the mayans and their calender and star watching. what made them so interested in the planetary movements when the rest of the world thought the sun revolved around the earth. and how did they build their pyramids without metal tools and wheels? see i just gave you a bunch of things to talk about besides a grid and some way out great lake pyramids.

also, just ignore the people that make fun of you. this is the internet, you need to have a thick skin.:D

Matt deMille

Hi, Teampunk. Actually, I do have thick skin. What bothers me is that I started this thread at the behest of others to share ideas. And many on this thread have liked to hear about them. When immature folks like Gabeed constantly monkey wrench things with their stupid comments, it doesn't just bother me, it bothers others, too. Just today, there's comments about how this thread has become mud-slinging. Gabeed, do you really think your cheap shots are bothering me alone if others are posting things like that? Do you delight in bothering them, too?

And Teampunk, I *was* discussing my ideas, at first. But as I have said more than once before, I've had to spend more energy dealing with trolls like Gabeed. If his ilk would, as has been requested, leave the thread if they hate it so much, then I'd have time and energy to build on my posts and what this thread is really about and we could get into data and proof. I can't be blamed for the immature actions of others.

Stoo

Matt deMille said:
On that, I will go on to the "grid" I have mentioned before, and Lay-lines (I'll spell 'em how I please, thank you -- I'm not British but I often spell "colour" and "honour" in such ways too).

Here's a good start: http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php?topic=1956.45
That map isn't very good. Here's a page which has more info with a better-detailed list of all 62 points (at the very bottom): http://www.lotusspace.com/earth_grid.htm

As for spelling, it is "ley" no matter what country you come from. (Glad to know that you spell 'colour' and 'honour' the correct way! I'm not British either.;))
Matt deMille said:
I found this after about five minutes of searching online. I apologize for my sarcasm, Stoo, but I've said over and over in posts exactly WHY others should look into this for themselves. It's not a lack of having data on my part. It's trying to urge others to focus on the right things and to start thinking in the right direction. But since my warnings about just being given the information go ignored, I say with an admitted bit of 'tude that five minutes of searching for yourself could have saved us all five hours of typing in this thread.
Well, I do know a little bit about ley lines and I *did* look into them further and couldn't find any info on the pyramd structures NOR a map which had the Great Lakes (or Stonehenge) as an intersection point. Which is why I returned here to ask you for more information after an open inviation to do so. Sorry for contributing to your thread.:rolleyes:
Matt deMille said:
But I must say, this subject was an off-hand remark, part of something else. This thread and my own focus is about ancient aliens.
This subject was not an off-hand remark and is directly linked to your position on ancient aliens. While the existence of a worldwide energy grid is debatable, each point isn't always associated with an ancient monument. On page 2, you listed 10 "of the better facts for UFOs" and one of them was:

"9) Why DO all ancient monuments form a perfect worldwide grid in perfect proportional measurement to one another?"
Montana Smith said:
What if you were to include every other ancient site on on this globe? The grid would disappear - you can only make a grid by selecting sites that fit, and then joining the points in a specific way. Some of the points on these maps are just arbitrary locations, such as "South Pacific", "North Atlantic", etc.
The "German underground Antarctic base?" is a hoot. What's up with this one?
"(9) Hudson Bay, present location of north magnetic pole"

:confused: This is just flat-out wrong! Anyway, the magnetic pole is always moving in a northwestly direction, so to say it's a fixed point in a symmetrical pattern is just plain silly.

Matt deMille

Hi, Stoo.

You have very good points. Sorry I couldn't offer you anything more on the Great Lakes. My intention in mentioning the grid, pyramids, etc. was to establish that there have been ancient civilizations on this world (since our "known history" does not account for these sites) which may have had technology we do not have, be that alien, Atlantean, or whatever. Believe me, I want information about this mystery as much as anyone else.

Ahh, my use of "Lay" Lines is just my being weird. Pay it no mind.

The Hudson Bay pole is definitely flat out wrong. I'll bite the big one on that.

I still wonder, though, why so many monuments line up. Same latitudes, longitudes, angular proportions to each other, etc. There's a lot there to think about.

I may as well open up this Pandora's Box: The Antarctic Nazi UFO Base. This could be an entirely new thread, but here goes:

The Nazis were very interested in the occult, and in UFOs (foo-fighters being the tip of the iceberg), and there is a lot of speculation that the Nazis built or intended to build a base in Antarctica. Most speculate it would act as a safehouse for high ranking Nazis fleeing Germany in the event their defeat was unavoidable. Granted, nobody has FOUND any such base, but nobody's really gone looking, either. What would be intriguing is if that spot, those general coordinates, were the INTENDED location of such a base. Why would the Nazis plan such a site in such a spot? This would infer mystical planning taking priority over practical planning.

Montana Smith

Matt deMille said:
I may as well open up this Pandora's Box: The Antarctic Nazi UFO Base. This could be an entirely new thread, but here goes:

The Nazis were very interested in the occult, and in UFOs (foo-fighters being the tip of the iceberg), and there is a lot of speculation that the Nazis built or intended to build a base in Antarctica. Most speculate it would act as a safehouse for high ranking Nazis fleeing Germany in the event their defeat was unavoidable. Granted, nobody has FOUND any such base, but nobody's really gone looking, either. What would be intriguing is if that spot, those general coordinates, were the INTENDED location of such a base. Why would the Nazis plan such a site in such a spot? This would infer mystical planning taking priority over practical planning.

This was one area of UFO-ology that I researched pretty extensively - from Richter's Neuschwabenland to Byrd's Operation Highjump. The theories eventually encomapssed aliens and UFOs. A lot of it hung on a sentence supposedly spoken by Admiral Doenitz: "the German submarine fleet is proud of having built for the Führer, in another part of the world, a Shangri-La land, an impregnable fortress".

The source of the quote, however, is from a supposed former Kriegsmarine officer - yet another nameless military type. There are no official records containing these words by Doenitz, and we are left with the blending of recorded facts and invention, which over time has become assimiliated into a wider conspiracy, so that Admiral Byrd is in the Antarctic in 1947 fighting German UFOs which have been developed with alien assistance.

I find the subject fascinating, yet picking the truth from the deliberate mis-information is a nightmare.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierra_hueca/esp_tierra_hueca_13.htm#top

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierra_hueca/esp_tierra_hueca_15.htm

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierra_hueca/esp_tierra_hueca_16.htm

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/antarctica/antartica24.htm

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_antartica.htm#menu

Matt deMille

teampunk said:
the history channel has a whole series on ancient aliens. it's on all day.

Wish I could see it. I don't have TV. For those wondering why, I've been extremely busy for the last few years and canceled cable so as not to be distracted, but I may have to pick it up again. A whole day on ancient aliens? Sounds cool!

Interesting stuff there, Montana. I'm not sure what to make of the whole Nazi Antarctic thing either. My interest in Antarctica (and perhaps Hitler's interest as well) was of it being a truly lost continent. The Peri Rais maps outlining the coast beneath the ice makes one wonder -- Who mapped it, and when? I often wonder if Nazi teams weren't sent down there to search for things, just like they were sent into every other remote, mystical part of the world. Hitler was certainly nuts enough to seek it.

Did I say nuts? Well, yes. Maybe he knew something we didn't, but when I say "nuts", I mean, what good is a base if there isn't the ability to support it? If Germany lost WWII, their supply lines would have been cut, and a base in Antarctica simply could not survive too long on its own. Maybe I'm wrong.

Or maybe the search for establishing a base or something was a ruse to cover a different search entirely. I mean, there's an entire continent there totally unknown to the world. What COULD be found there?

Lance Quazar

Matt deMille said:
Okay, sooooo, if evidence of an alien civilization was confirmed, THEN everyone would know that we know there's ONLY TWO civilizations in the universe, right? That's your thinking? The working hypothesis for the mainstream is that we're alone. If that's proven wrong with evidence of another (alien) civilization, then that working model is faulty. If life is out there, how can we possibly be so arrogant as to say we know exactly how much there is?

No, you're incorrect. The "mainstream thinking" is that we don't know. That is the default, mainstream "accepted" point of view that you feel so terribly, terribly persecuted by.

There is nothing wrong with saying that you don't know. And most scientists actually do believe it is highly likely that there is life elsewhere in the universe. Billions and billions and all that.

That is why legitimate scientific efforts to find alien life like SETI exist. That is why we're interested in exploring Mars and the Jovian moons and are searching for evidence of life in those places.

You're assumptions here are just completely wrong.

No one is saying we're alone. There's no arrogance, at least not on the part of the scientific community. No one is saying definitively that we're alone, simply that we lack any evidence to the contrary. However, the search for LEGITIMATE scientific evidence continues.

However, a few blurry photographs of supposed UFOs or anecdotal stories about "abductions" (even the most famous cases of abductions have been proven to be fake) don't qualify as real proof. Nor does a lot of made up nonsense about lines on a map.

It all goes back to this - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Talk to me when you have some real facts.

Matt deMille

Lance Quazar said:
No, you're incorrect. The "mainstream thinking" is that we don't know. That is the default, mainstream "accepted" point of view that you feel so terribly, terribly persecuted by.

There is nothing wrong with saying that you don't know. And most scientists actually do believe it is highly likely that there is life elsewhere in the universe. Billions and billions and all that.

That is why legitimate scientific efforts to find alien life like SETI exist. That is why we're interested in exploring Mars and the Jovian moons and are searching for evidence of life in those places.

You're assumptions here are just completely wrong.

No one is saying we're alone. There's no arrogance, at least not on the part of the scientific community. No one is saying definitively that we're alone, simply that we lack any evidence to the contrary. However, the search for LEGITIMATE scientific evidence continues.

However, a few blurry photographs of supposed UFOs or anecdotal stories about "abductions" (even the most famous cases of abductions have been proven to be fake) don't qualify as real proof. Nor does a lot of made up nonsense about lines on a map.

It all goes back to this - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Talk to me when you have some real facts.

I'm afraid you're buying into scientific dogma. There are not only a "few blurry photographs". There are thousands of crystal clear ones, high-rez video, landing trace cases, and much, much more. There *is* extraordinary evidence. The problem is science has become like a religion, entrenched in dogma, further entwined with funding and politics. They turn a blind eye to evidence that is right in front of them, usually to defend their positions, their grants. This has been constant throughout history. By taking that stance you just prepare yourself to be proven wrong, like those who doubted the existence of so many animals, the feasibility of the locomotive, electricity, cell phones, and so on.

Take for example John Mack. A Harvard psychiatrist who started studying alien abductions, and came to the conclusion that these were real experiences. He was blackballed at Harvard for it. So, even someone as highly trusted as a frickin' Harvard doctor can be called a kook if he dares to look at the evidence. With that kind of pressure, of course most mainstream scientists are going to keep quiet and hold to the party line. But all that really does is discredit the establishment and those, like you, who seem to regard it as an authority. Given the party's line's track record for backing the right ideas, ufology has far better odds of being true in all its endeavors.

"Blurry photographs". THAT in itself has been disproven. It's not about evidence. It's about mind-set. All we get from the Hubble telescope about deep space is "blurry photographs", yet we accept it as real, simply because it fits into the mind-set of mainstream academia. And, Lance, science is not so open-minded as you think. Privately, most scientists do indeed lean towards extra-terrestrial reality, but publicly, they deny it. Otherwise, why is a simple photo of a UFO met with so much skepticism that the establishment creates a mind-set that reduces thousands of good photographs into a "couple of blurry ones"? You buy their BS hook line and sinker, then accuse ufologists of exactly the same behavior. Someone is not given a hard time if you take a picture of a lenticular cloud, or a Siamese doughnut, or a drive-by shooting. So, why does a UFO photo get flak? Because the mainstream says "NO!" that's why. That's not exactly an open-minded attitude.

And, if I may ask, how have the "most famous cases" been proven to be fake?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". That's just Carl Sagan using a catchphrase instead of scientific principle. Science is supposed to search for answers to any question, not require "extraordinary evidence" up front. Sagan and others defend SETI and such Silly Efforts To Investigate because they don't want to look like fools, having put their money on the wrong horse. Sagan's Cosmos series and other "promotional endeavors" (something this thread has often accused ufologists of, I might add -- Sagan, I guess, is no less of a huckster than any ufologist then) would be at extreme risk of being made to look impotent and worthless were an alien found in our back yard.

There *is* extraordinary evidence and the "experts" simply refuse to look at it. And even if there wasn't any evidence, to get "extraordinary evidence" there needs to be an "extraordinary investigation". Ufologists do what they can. They make the effort. The fault is with the scientific community who do not use their greater resources to look at the evidence that exists. And, what might be that evidence? Here's some of it:

1) Project Blue Book Special Report 14. A valid government document about UFOs. Even after all the whitewash and pathetic debunking, the document still admits that over 700 cases are "unexplainable". In science, you do not say "okay, good enough, we're mostly right, so, we're right". A hypothesis has to be 100% or it's not valid. So, how do over 700 UFO sightings going unanswered qualify as 100% solved?

2) Pieces of metal held in private hands that labs refuse to analyze.

3) Crop patterns with no footprints, mutated plants at a cellular level, created in seconds by invisible men while cameras tried and failed to catch them.

4) Cattle mutilations, with laser-made cuts, zero blood, no tracks around the carcass (even those of the animal itself), accelerated decomposition, predators won't go near it, sexual organs surgically removed, and the animal's bones broken due to being dropped from a great height.

5) Radar tracking of UFOs released by the Belgium Air force, and THEY are the ones who say it is a UFO.

6) Brazilian infra-red drug traffic cameras picking up entire formations of UFOs.

7) The tens of thousands of sightings over Mexico City since 1991, including one which flew in-between buildings in 1997, while on tape, and burned the buildings it came closest to, witnessed by 62 people.

8) Three former United States Presidents filing UFO reports (skeptics often like to point out how witness testimony is invalid, because it's always hicks and kooks).

9) Ancient testimony, including cave paintings in Spain, Mongolia and Arizona, a 14th century Fresco in a European church, crop circles reported in the 17th century, Alexander's sighting, Egyptian sightings, and so many, many sightings in the Bible. Why does everyone see the same ships?

There *is* extraordinary evidence. At the same time we humans have an extraordinary capacity for denial.

I'm afraid it is your assumptions, Lance, that there is no evidence, are the assumptions that are completely wrong.

Last edited:

Matt deMille

I tried to edit my previous comment to add this bit, but for some reason there is no "edit" button anymore.

Another thing that came to mind: There is no evidence of evolution. Only a theory. That's not sarcasm. Think about it. For Darwin's evolutionary theory to be "fact", indeed to hold it to the same standards as skeptics seem to hold ufology to, evolution needs millions upon millions of years worth of bones, home sites, migration evidence and more, and so far, none of it has been found. The "missing link" is science's attempt to brush aside this very critical point on which they may very well be dead wrong. They make an "extraordinary claim" without ANY evidence, much less extraordinary evidence. And yet evolution is taught in schools, glorified in museums around the world, and accepted as "fact". All because it fits the mind-set. But ya know, the reality of gods on Mt. Olympus fit the mind-set of the ancient Greeks. Just because their mind-set was so, did that makes Zeus an objective reality?

To get to the objective reality of any issue, you have to set aside to bias of mind-set. Most people seem incapable and/or unwilling to do so.

When UFOs are photographed, why do people say it's not there? Simple. Fear. Fear of having to change one's world-view.

"Extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence" is a fanciful, sounds-true-but-is-really-hollow way of the mainstream dodging any direct challenge to their narrow-minded establishment. It's a pity that I have to say "narrow minded" when it comes to "science". You'd think science would be at the front lines of this battle, eagerly investigating UFO sightings. Now, if they did that initially and met decades of frustration, I could understand them being hesitant to throw good money after bad, so-to-speak. But they snickered and giggled at the phenomena from the beginning. I think that, more than anything else, makes it clear how unobjective and unworthy scientists are to lay any claim to truth.

Sorry for the long rant, everyone. I'm just tired of being told "There is no evidence" and then being accused of making assumptions. Assuming there is no evidence is rather silly, and it makes me angrier than Wile E. Coyote when his Acme trap doesn't open on time.

Last edited: