Cool Toy Review To Honor Indy All Next Week

fixer79

Billy Ray said:
Today's addition to the Cool Toy Photo Archive is the 7" Disney Exclusive Indy

I love that 'unknown item':

DisneyIndy-057.jpg

Anyone know what it's supposed to be? Apparently, even the guys at Cool Toy Review don't ;)

Is it a lipstick? :confused:

The_Raiders

fixer79 said:

Anyone know what it's supposed to be? Apparently, even the guys at Cool Toy Review don't ;)

Lol. Perhaps it is lipstick. I hope not! lol. Who knows. :)

Little Indy

"It's the antidote to the poison you just drank Dr. Jones". Which in a far strech way brings all three movies into one figure. The fertility idol from Raiders and the Cairo Swordsman's sword, the grail diary from Last Crusade, and the antidote vial from Temple.

I have the TSR miniatures as well. In addition I have the Raider's Board Game. That was a steal (literally). I am currently in the process of painting the minis. I am dreadfully slow so I'll probably finish in time for Indy VI.

Oh and I didn't steal the game I was at a college party and there it was in a case of junk I asked the owner of the apartment if I colud have it and he said sure!! I was so happy. And this was just a couple years back.

deckard24

fixer79 said:

DisneyIndy-057.jpg

LMAO!!

I just got my Disney 7", and I was wondering what the hell that was!

On another note, the figure is very cool, but what's up with his weird neck? I know it's so it can be rotated, but in profile it looks terrible!(n)

Deckard

deckard24 said:
LMAO!!

I just got my Disney 7", and I was wondering what the hell that was!

On another note, the figure is very cool, but what's up with his weird neck? I know it's so it can be rotated, but in profile it looks terrible!(n)

Its actually from the new movie, Harrison's head pops right off so he can wear the crystal skulls. As for the little thing, I don't think its antidote. Im going to say its a flashlight. I wanna write GG tho, and ask them.

Deckard

Finn said:
If I'm to pick a guess, it's the handle of a whip that's been broken. Only small part of it remains.

But its with every figure. And the whip has a handle on the end already.

Finn

Staff member
Deckard said:
But its with every figure. And the whip has a handle on the end already.
So then Indy was meant to hold a whip there, but the idea was scrapped on the last second. Yet there was a solid part in the figure's hand that remained?

I'm not claiming it to be the absolute truth, but it does sound plausible enough to me.

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
So then Indy was meant to hold a whip there, but the idea was scrapped on the last second. Yet there was a solid part in the figure's hand that remained?

I'm not claiming it to be the absolute truth, but it does sound plausible enough to me.

Could they not just remove the handle?

But yeah, your explanation does sound like the most plausible one.

Katarn07

It's definitely nothing to do with the whip. It's packaged separately from everything else. I'm pretty sure it's the antidote and were to cheap/lazy to paint it up to resemble that.

fixer79

It probably is the antidote vial, like little Indy said.
Wow, that's probably the stupidest action figure accessory ever!
If Indy fans even have doubts about what the stupid thing is, what will kids make of it?
If they wanted to add a ToD prop, they should've included the Sankara stones...
But nooo ;)

Anyway. I also like this cooltoyreview pic:

KennerIndy-358.jpg

Gotta love that wooly hat! :rolleyes:

Billy Ray

I found this line very interesting:
Expect more than one figure from Sideshow this year, as well as some other exciting announcements....try to guess what those might be!

Wondering what other announcements...

Perhaps a 1/6 scale Ark? SS has done pieces like the Millenium Falcon chess table and Sith Probe Droids for the 12" line of Star Wars.

Deckard

Billy Ray said:
I found this line very interesting:

Wondering what other announcements...

Perhaps a 1/6 scale Ark? SS has done pieces like the Millenium Falcon chess table and Sith Probe Droids for the 12" line of Star Wars.

I hope to see a headpiece and a grail as well as a 1/4 scale ark. Good to hear the ToD fans won't be left out.

They confirm both Playsets and ToD figures here.