What's are the rarest Indiana Jones comics today?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Awesome. Thanks for that, Little Indy. That shot of Flanery looks like it was a promo from shooting "Oganga" movie (sorry, don't know the original episode title).

yodazone

Little Indy said:
Here ya go! Enjoy

I'm glad they put Sean Patrick Flannery on the cover, I kind of got tired of seeing Cory Carrier stepping through that entrance to the mummy's tomb.

Cool cover, but can you post a scan of the comic pages from the magazine? I see it says "Original Indy Comic" on the cover.

Inquiring Indy fans want to see those legendary 2 pages!!!

(y) (y) (y)

Stoo

Violet Indy said:
#22 is the last issue she appears in. So she appears in quite a few issues and I can imagine that she will in future series (well, I hope so). But, what happened to her in #22 that causes her to disappear for a while. Anyone who has 22 care to enlighten me?
She is also in the opening & closing of #23. While waiting for Indy at the airport,
she spots him being kissed by another woman and takes off...

Another rare comic that I would love to have is the 1949 "Bigfoot" story with
Grey Cloud & Short Round from "Star Wars Tales" #19.

Thanks for the info on the Young Indy magazine, walker and Little Indy!(y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
She is also in the opening & closing of #23. While waiting for Indy at the airport, she spots him being kissed by another woman and takes off...

Wow! :eek: Thanks for that, Stoo! That explains everything. I can understand why she left. I guess they had to get Indy to do something like that to make room for other female characters in future. But still... Indy how could you?

Stoo

Don't you worry. Without spoiling too much, the kiss is one of those "not-what-it-appears-to-be"
type of situations. Unfortunately, I don't have a double of this one. Otherwise, I'd mail it to you!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Oh, I did think about it later, and thought it was one of those situations.;) Oh well, I'll have to wait till Dark Horse does the Marvel volumes to see it for myself (which I think should have been released before the Dark Horse ones as I'm more interested in the Marvels). That's not bad thing though. Gives me something to look forward to and save up (there's those words again...). :rolleyes:

phantom train

Quote:

"Oh, I did think about it later, and thought it was one of those situations. Oh well, I'll have to wait till Dark Horse does the Marvel volumes to see it for myself (which I think should have been released before the Dark Horse ones as I'm more interested in the Marvels). That's not bad thing though. Gives me something to look forward to and save up (there's those words again...)."

I completely agree. I remember reading the Marvels when they were first released, and they are unquestionably better than the Dark Horse comics. It would have made the most sense to have reprinted all of the Marvels first if only because, chronologically, they came out first. However, I do understand why DH wants to reprint their stories first. Hopefully the Marvel issues will come out in the third Omnibus later this year - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Indy fan 235

Little Indy said:
See this comic? $1.95 from a vendor in the street. But I take it bury it in the sand for a thousand years and it becomes priceless. Men and Violet Indy would kill for it.

LOL

Man, I love Indy comics.

One of my local comic shops I go to have some of the Marvel Indy comics in the dollar bins. I picked up a few for a co-worker for Christmas. I was thinking of going to get the rest that they have before the movie comes out. I have a feeling the stores I go to are gonna raise the prices on the Indy comics once the film comes out.

Indy fan 235

Stoo said:
She is also in the opening & closing of #23. While waiting for Indy at the airport,
she spots him being kissed by another woman and takes off...

Another rare comic that I would love to have is the 1949 "Bigfoot" story with
Grey Cloud & Short Round from "Star Wars Tales" #19.

Thanks for the info on the Young Indy magazine, walker and Little Indy!(y)

I love that story. One of my favorite Indy and Star Wars comics ever. I might have an extra of that comic, not sure, I'd have to dig around the attic where all my stuff is right now.