What's are the rarest Indiana Jones comics today?

yodazone

What are the rarest Indiana Jones comics out there that are currently hard to find today?

Are they the Dark Horse comics from the '90s with the low print runs? (Sargasso Pirates, Spear of Destiny, Iron Phoenix....Indy Chronicles?)

The "Marvel-Indiana Jones" run seem to be available in healthy supply since comics were widely distributed in newstands & comic shops back in the '80.

Does anyone have a list of Indiana Jones comic circulation numbers over the years?

I'm curious to hear what Indy fans think are the rarest Indy comics out there.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, the Marvel #2 is easiest to find. They've got tons of copies at my local. I have trouble finding the #2 of the FoA story arc. I been looking for years. Young Indy I have found as well as #3 Sargossi and #4 of Golden Fleece. I have never seen any of the Thunder of the Orient, Spear of Destiny and Iron Phoenix. The later DH seems to be hard to find. I've got a couple of Marvels, only one with Marion in it though! I'd love to get my hands on any that feature Marion, but that's my collecting interest. So I'd say that the later DH and Marvel issues are probably the hardest to find, at least in Australia.

sunshinestate1992

Violet Indy said:
Well, the Marvel #2 is easiest to find. They've got tons of copies at my local. I have trouble finding the #2 of the FoA story arc. I been looking for years. Young Indy I have found as well as #3 Sargossi and #4 of Golden Fleece. I have never seen any of the Thunder of the Orient, Spear of Destiny and Iron Phoenix. The later DH seems to be hard to find. I've got a couple of Marvels, only one with Marion in it though! I'd love to get my hands on any that feature Marion, but that's my collecting interest. So I'd say that the later DH and Marvel issues are probably the hardest to find, at least in Australia.
go to mycomicshop.com

it doesnt have fao 2 anymore though for u
..i have it already though

yodazone

Violet Indy said:

Agh!! You're lucky! I can't find the "Sargasso Pirates" #3 anywhere...or 1 or 4. I only have issue 2. :( I guess since that was the last Dark Horse Indy mini-series, it's even rarer with the circulation numbers of comics going lower in the mid-'90s. Issues 1 & 2 also sport the painted Alex Ross covers which probably make them more sought after for the Alex Ross collectors. I actually got a spare copy of Fate of Atlantis #2 if you're still searching.

Milehighcomics also has a Mint "FOA" issue #2 here for only $2.75. I ordered from here before and the comics are crispy mint.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=42340896148&snumber=1

(they have zero stock on the Sargasso,Spear of Destiny & Iron Phoenix titles though)

The "Shrine of the Sea Devil' one-shot is another tough one to find.

Which are the Marvel Indy issues that feature Marion Ravenwood???
(I gotta re-read the Marvel run again to get ready before the first DH omnibus hits next month....)

:whip: :whip: :whip:

Last edited:

Indy's Fist

Topic:What's are the rarest Indiana Jones comics today?

Answer: My complete collection of Marvel and DH comics!(y)

Little Indy

Indy's Fist said:

See this comic? $1.95 from a vendor in the street. But I take it bury it in the sand for a thousand years and it becomes priceless. Men and Violet Indy would kill for it.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
yodazone said:
Agh!! You're lucky! I can't find the "Sargasso Pirates" #3 anywhere...or 1 or 4. I only have issue 2. :( I guess since that was the last Dark Horse Indy mini-series, it's even rarer with the circulation numbers of comics going lower in the mid-'90s. Issues 1 & 2 also sport the painted Alex Ross covers which probably make them more sought after for the Alex Ross collectors. I actually got a spare copy of Fate of Atlantis #2 if you're still searching.

Milehighcomics also has a Mint "FOA" issue #2 here for only $2.75. I ordered from here before and the comics are crispy mint.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=42340896148&snumber=1

(they have zero stock on the Sargasso,Spear of Destiny & Iron Phoenix titles though)

The "Shrine of the Sea Devil' one-shot is another tough one to find.

Which are the Marvel Indy issues that feature Marion Ravenwood???
(I gotta re-read the Marvel run again to get ready before the first DH omnibus hits next month....)

Thanks for that info. I look into getting it from Mile High. The issue I have is #9 with Marion in it. It's part 1 of the Golden Goddess story-arc. TheRaider.Net has pretty comprehensive list on the comic issues of Marvel and DH, which have a blurb each and tells you who's in it. The particular Marion issues I want to get is the Raven's Nest issue (#6) and the Search for Abner issues (#17 & #18). The others are #10, #11, #12, #20, #21 and #22 is the last issue she appears in. So she appears in quite a few issues and I can imagine that she will in future series (well, I hope so). But, what happened to her in #22 that causes her to disappear for a while. Anyone who has 22 care to enlighten me?

yodazone

Indy's Fist said:

No foreign Indy comics? The French ones? Or are those in abundance in the market?

I'm still searching for Sargasso 1, 2 & 4.....then the Dark Horse circle will be complete. (y)

walker

Two-page young indy comic

I think the three French hardcover comics are fairly easy to find (although I'd love to get the fourth - Bidouins de la Mer - which I don't believe was ever published). Check abebooks.com if you want to track them down.

The only Indy comic that I've NEVER seen for sale anywhere after it's initial publication appeared in the first and only issue of the Young Indiana Jones magazine that was published back when the series first aired. That issue included a two-page story about Indy on an ocean liner (on his trip from Mexico to London with Remy, I believe) facing off against German spies. It was produced by Dark Horse, in part to promote their new Indy comic line. The art was by Adam Hughes and looked better than the art in most all of the other DH Indy Comics. I think this one is pretty rare. Has anyone else seen this?
walker

Indy's Fist

yodazone said:
No foreign Indy comics? The French ones? Or are those in abundance in the market?

I'm still searching for Sargasso 1, 2 & 4.....then the Dark Horse circle will be complete. (y)

I've never been to France. Do they have comics too?

yodazone

walker said:
I think the three French hardcover comics are fairly easy to find (although I'd love to get the fourth - Bidouins de la Mer - which I don't believe was ever published). Check abebooks.com if you want to track them down.

The only Indy comic that I've NEVER seen for sale anywhere after it's initial publication appeared in the first and only issue of the Young Indiana Jones magazine that was published back when the series first aired. That issue included a two-page story about Indy on an ocean liner (on his trip from Mexico to London with Remy, I believe) facing off against German spies. It was produced by Dark Horse, in part to promote their new Indy comic line. The art was by Adam Hughes and looked better than the art in most all of the other DH Indy Comics. I think this one is pretty rare. Has anyone else seen this?
walker

Was that Young Indiana Jones magazine released in 1991 by Lucasfilm? The same company that released the Star Wars insider of the time???

Now I wanna see that 2 page artwork drawn by Hughes!

:cool: :cool: :cool

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
!

Little Indy said:
See this comic? $1.95 from a vendor in the street. But I take it bury it in the sand for a thousand years and it becomes priceless. Men and Violet Indy would kill for it.

"I'm just a shadowy reflection of you!" :p

And I'd kill the men who killed for it! With a frying pan! ;) Seriously though, just for the Marion issues. :gun: :dead:

Little Indy

walker said:

walker

Yeah I bought this issue when it came out. I always wondered if there were anymore issues that were published. I called to order a subscription and the rep said they weren't doing anymore issues at that time. I haven't looked through it in a while, but you are right there is a comic story about Indy and Remy on the steam liner. I just took a pic of it but photobucket is down right now so I'll post it later.

Little Indy said:
Yeah I bought this issue when it came out. I always wondered if there were anymore issues that were published. I called to order a subscription and the rep said they weren't doing anymore issues at that time. I haven't looked through it in a while, but you are right there is a comic story about Indy and Remy on the steam liner. I just took a pic of it but photobucket is down right now so I'll post it later.

Might you scan the two pages so we can all read it? I'd be grateful. :)

Little Indy said:
I'll have to look into the rules on that. I think that might be copyright infringement or something.

It is. But like you've never downloaded an album, eh? ;)

Don't stress yourself if you aren't willing to defy international copyright law. I'm sure another person will pop up with a copy.

Little Indy

ResidentAlien said:

QUOTE]

Nope, I haven't that I didn't pay for. :) Best of luck though. I will post the cover as soon as photobucket is back up.

Little Indy said:
ResidentAlien said:

QUOTE]

Nope, I haven't that I didn't pay for. :) Best of luck though. I will post the cover as soon as photobucket is back up.

Ha, likely story. ;)

I'd appreciate that. I Googled for a Young Indy magazine yesterday when it was first mentioned and turned up nothing at all.

yodazone

Little Indy said:

You got a scan of those Adam Hughes 2-pagers?

Post here!! Pleeze!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Little Indy

Here ya go! Enjoy

SergeantCohen

I'm glad they put Sean Patrick Flannery on the cover, I kind of got tired of seeing Cory Carrier stepping through that entrance to the mummy's tomb.