The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

Kingsley

effin said:
We had a guy called Michael Cuvas in to talk to us about projects he's worked on.
Well, I'm excited too. Because if you search for Michael Cuevas in imdb it seems pretty plausible that this guy had such a footage to show...
Michael Cuevas

By the way, Lucas graduated from that school, and is "very" in contact still...
george lucas & usc

I know it's only a rough trailer, but we get more from Cate Blanchett and Karen Allen than I thought. Shia being rescued by Indy and not the inverse... but no John Hurt :confused:
...............................................................................................................................

Ohhhh! and the Ark!
I wasn't sure what to think about this comeback, but I always thought sooner or later someone would open that crate. Ok, we will see it. In a way, Raiders and Last Crusade endings are ruined... but maybe they are in full indy style!!

:whip:

Last edited:

TYTAN

As for the Connery, Capshaw bit...I heard both of them were seen on the backlot in costume. I'm sure they won't fetaure in the trailer at all if this is true. This is most likely the "big surprise."

I'm thinking both may be cameos at Marion and Indy's wedding.

I guess we'll find out next Summer...

TYTAN

Kingsley

TYTAN said:
I'm thinking both may be cameos at Marion and Indy's wedding.

Come on! I accept everything, even Aliens... but NO WEDDING!:mad:
Indy and Marion can get married later if they want, but no Sean Connery makes it worth to see it happen in the movie. And NO KATE CAPSHAW... she had probably never meet Indy again.

P.S.: if such a scene is in the film, bring Sallah, Shortie, captain Katanga, the Ewoks and Marcus Brody's spirit along, to "share the moment" :sick: :eek: :mad: :dead:

Niteshade007

I don't think they're making cameos. That whole backstage in costume thing sounds completely fake, with absolutely no basis in fact.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
effin said:
very cool description of indy 4 footage from usc film student, sounds very plausible

"Im just back from a lecture and OMG!!
We had a guy called Michael Cuvas in to talk to us about projects he's worked on. He showed us some footage from some of his old projects then told us that we were the first to see this next clip.
And AGHHHH. He played a breif trailer for Indy 4! Loads of effects werent finished but OMG it looks amazing.
I kinda missed the beggining cos i was so shocked . It took a minute for it to sink in. Literally i was hyperventilating!

There was shots of the Ark of the Covenant?!?!?!? being lifted out a wooden crate and loads of like scientists watching aghast.

there was a few shots soldiers in big jeeps moving across the desert. Then it showed Cate Blanchette stepping out of one of the vehicles.
She was asking Indy for help but he refused then there was a few shots of Marion tied up in the back of a jeep looking at Indy and Cate says something like 'Your reward, is her life!'

then the screen went black then there were loads of fast cut aways. Ones i remember are Indy and Ray winstone in a HUGE temple with grass/moss everywere.
Shot of a Cate holding a crystal skull, an aztec looking building exploding with white light, Cate Slapping Marion, ...Shia and Indy swinging across a ravine with walls crumbling arund them.
Shia is about to fall and Indy reaches out to grab his hand.
Then the titles.

THEN: I loved this bit....Marion punches Indy and he says 'i shoulda seen that coming' It was unbeleivable. It looks like such a awesome movie. It is literally huge

I cannot believe what has just happened. so so so unexpected!!!!

Guys it looks phenominal. Marion hasnt changed!"

Great news if it's true and rather envious that I'm not at USC.

effin said:
very cool description of indy 4 footage from usc film student, sounds very plausible

"Im just back from a lecture and OMG!!
We had a guy called Michael Cuvas in to talk to us about projects he's worked on. He showed us some footage from some of his old projects then told us that we were the first to see this next clip.
And AGHHHH. He played a breif trailer for Indy 4! Loads of effects werent finished but OMG it looks amazing.
I kinda missed the beggining cos i was so shocked . It took a minute for it to sink in. Literally i was hyperventilating!

There was shots of the Ark of the Covenant?!?!?!? being lifted out a wooden crate and loads of like scientists watching aghast.

there was a few shots soldiers in big jeeps moving across the desert. Then it showed Cate Blanchette stepping out of one of the vehicles.
She was asking Indy for help but he refused then there was a few shots of Marion tied up in the back of a jeep looking at Indy and Cate says something like 'Your reward, is her life!'

then the screen went black then there were loads of fast cut aways. Ones i remember are Indy and Ray winstone in a HUGE temple with grass/moss everywere.
Shot of a Cate holding a crystal skull, an aztec looking building exploding with white light, Cate Slapping Marion, ...Shia and Indy swinging across a ravine with walls crumbling arund them.
Shia is about to fall and Indy reaches out to grab his hand.
Then the titles.

THEN: I loved this bit....Marion punches Indy and he says 'i shoulda seen that coming' It was unbeleivable. It looks like such a awesome movie. It is literally huge

I cannot believe what has just happened. so so so unexpected!!!!

Guys it looks phenominal. Marion hasnt changed!"

Sure hope someone recorded it on their phone and puts it on youtube ;)

Sounds very strange they'd let this happen but IF it was Cuevas at THIS college then it has some plausibility.

IF true, looks like the trailer/teaser could be with us by Thanksgiving after all.

Arkimedes

Actually if you look on IMDB it shows that Mike Cuevas is the assistant editor of KOTCS. :) If all that is true it is shaping up to be one awesome movie. I for one am excited to see the Ark return.

effin

hey the usc student that posted the original description on imdb has a fellow student that chimed in. the description makes me believe that they saw the thanksgiving trailer. here are his quotes:

"Hey guys. Ive just sat with my freind Marley who remembers a bit more about the footage we saw yesterday.

The raiders music kicked, we think the track is called 'the map room?!?
Then you hear a low buzzing pulsating. Therre were shots a jeeps crossing the Desert.

Military carrying guns, a shot of the ark being lifted out of a wooden crate with loads of officials watching on. The lid is just about to be lifted off when the screen goes black.

Then there were little bits of Indy at the university then it showed Cate in a white dress and hat stepping out of car.

She says something like 'your assistance is required' and he says ' i cant help you' and then the door to a car opens and marion is kicking and fightng to get free and cate says 'your reward is her life'.

Then it the music speeds up and is all choral and you see jeeps moving through the jungle, a BIG shot of an aztec city ( lots of bvlue screen), Indy running through a runined building, Marion and Cate fighting, Jim broadbent looking worried?!? Indy and Ray winstone in a temple. Shia fighting on some sort of machine? Cate kneeling at what looks like an alter placing the crystal skull next to loads of other crystal skulls, an aztec pyramid exploding with white light(again bluescreen, looked like a model) Shia and indy swinging across a ravine as the walls collapse around them. Shia slips and is about to fall when Indy reaches out to grab his hand
Titles.
Marion punches Indy and he says 'I really shoulda seen that coming!'

That both of what we remember combined.

best i can do im afraid! It was awesome awesome awesome"

joelwatts

effin said:
hey the usc student that posted the original description on imdb has a fellow student that chimed in. the description makes me believe that they saw the thanksgiving trailer. here are his quotes:

"Hey guys. Ive just sat with my freind Marley who remembers a bit more about the footage we saw yesterday.

The raiders music kicked, we think the track is called 'the map room?!?
Then you hear a low buzzing pulsating. Therre were shots a jeeps crossing the Desert.

Military carrying guns, a shot of the ark being lifted out of a wooden crate with loads of officials watching on. The lid is just about to be lifted off when the screen goes black.

Then there were little bits of Indy at the university then it showed Cate in a white dress and hat stepping out of car.

She says something like 'your assistance is required' and he says ' i cant help you' and then the door to a car opens and marion is kicking and fightng to get free and cate says 'your reward is her life'.

Then it the music speeds up and is all choral and you see jeeps moving through the jungle, a BIG shot of an aztec city ( lots of bvlue screen), Indy running through a runined building, Marion and Cate fighting, Jim broadbent looking worried?!? Indy and Ray winstone in a temple. Shia fighting on some sort of machine? Cate kneeling at what looks like an alter placing the crystal skull next to loads of other crystal skulls, an aztec pyramid exploding with white light(again bluescreen, looked like a model) Shia and indy swinging across a ravine as the walls collapse around them. Shia slips and is about to fall when Indy reaches out to grab his hand
Titles.
Marion punches Indy and he says 'I really shoulda seen that coming!'

That both of what we remember combined.

best i can do im afraid! It was awesome awesome awesome"

The description of Blanchett makes me think she may be the "old rival" referred to by an extra in Newhaven.

Zorg

sarah navarro said:
i almost fell on the floor and died when i read that ,it sounded soooo freakin cool words cant describe.If its true ...wwwoooooo:whip:

I'm having a mind-blowing geekgasm here! :whip: :gun:

eazybox

I can't believe today-- first I learn that Todd is offering a screen accurate Indy jacket for only $150, and now this news-- allon the same day!

Jack

Dr.Sartorius

eazybox said:
I can't believe today-- first I learn that Todd is offering a screen accurate Indy jacket for only $150, and now this news-- allon the same day!

Jack

Where did you find out Todd is selling a $150 jacket?

eazybox

Dr.Sartorius said:
Where did you find out Todd is selling a $150 jacket?

He announced it on Club Obi Wan today. It's available on his website at Toddscostumes.com under "Custom Costumes." . I can't wait to get it. I've heard nothing but great reviews of his jackets.

Jack

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
If that trailer is baloney, it's Grade A baloney.
Thanks, mystery geeks, for making the wait shorter.

Dr.Sartorius

eazybox said:
He announced it on Club Obi Wan today. It's available on his website at Toddscostumes.com under "Custom Costumes." . I can't wait to get it. I've heard nothing but great reviews of his jackets.

Jack

If only he was offering that amount for a custom made jacket. After getting a jacket from US Wings I've sworn not to get another off the rack leather jacket.

eazybox

Dr.Sartorius said:
If only he was offering that amount for a custom made jacket. After getting a jacket from US Wings I've sworn not to get another off the rack leather jacket.

I know what you mean. The sizing on OTR jacketss can be way off. But he's offering a full refund (including postage) if not satisfied. I didn't mean to steer this thread off-topic, though!

Jack