The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

Zorg

Henry Jones Junior said:
hmmmm....perhaps we will have some 50's rock n' roll....Buddy Holly perhaps??

This all brings back some memories with another film set in the 50's Spielberg was involved with. Back to the Future.

tnswman

UH OH!! Indy may die!!

If any of you Have watched the Crystal Skull video from You TUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrGQuFyRDQ

then you hear that one of the powers was to transfer the knowledge of an older shaman into the body of a younger man in the Myan tribe.. the older person would pass on in peace while the younger man would be filled with great Knowledge.

This sounds too much like the set-up we are seeing in KOTCS......IT CAN'T BE!!!

The video also mentions Atlantis quite a bit too.

commontone

What makes you think Indy would play the role of the "older shaman" in this scenario? He's not Mayan, not exactly a shaman, not exactly ancient (as in 90 years old or something).

If anything I can see it reversed, Indy receiving knowledge from some 100 year-old Mayan priest.

tnswman

listen to the story, An older person who can not continue on a "mission" transfers his knowledge into a younger person....The set up is there and it is VERY visible.

tnswman

commontone said:
What makes you think Indy would play the role of the "older shaman" in this scenario? He's not Mayan, not exactly a shaman, not exactly ancient (as in 90 years old or something).

If anything I can see it reversed, Indy receiving knowledge from some 100 year-old Mayan priest.

Not Mayan? Why would anyone think that would keep the skull from working? You could use it to transfer the spirit from anyone I'm sure.

commontone

tnswman said:
Not Mayan? Why would anyone think that would keep the skull from working? You could use it to transfer the spirit from anyone I'm sure.

OK, you're pretty convinced, I'm not. We don't even know if that particular skull is the same one referenced by the movie title, if the pyramid/temple we know about is Mayan, Incan, Aztec, or what...sure it's a plausible theory, but with many unknowns.

Sankara

What about THIS Storyline? I found it in the wolrdwideweb.
Sounds okay - AND Shia is not Indy's Son in this. I guess this is very important for "Indy IV" - If Indy has a Kid - this movie is doomed!!!

Check it out:

The movie will begin with Dr. Jones along with a small army of men at Area 51 about to tansport the Ark of the Covenenant for the purpose of study. They lose the Ark while leaving the grounds to members of a secret Russian society. (You will have a short glimpse of a military made UFO in this scene)

Indiana Jones returns to Marshall college and recieves a package. Upon opening the package he finds a crystal skull. There is also a note from a prominent Archeolgist who wishes for Dr. Jones to verify the authenticity of the skull.

Jones recognizes a member of the Russian group and begins an escape throughout the campus. Dr. Jones escapes with a student of his. The villans follow the the two until they lose them. Jones and his companion head to an airport and take a plane to meet the prominent archeologist.

As Dr. Jones and his collegue discuss the legend of the skulls they decide on a location to begin a search for a hidden pyramid. Enroute, their plane is hijacked and they realize that their intended destination is incorrect. They head towards a new destination in MesoAmerica.

After the group journeys through thick jungles they eventually arive at a small tribe whose leader speaks of a legend of an ancient advanced civilization which relied on the power of the skulls. According to his legend , each of the skulls has it\'s own power: divine knowledge, everlasting life, and true happiness, ect. The leader speaks of a lost entrance, which his people believe is through a cavern, to a hidden pyramid where the skulls must be placed on respective alters to summon their powers.

When sleeping in the village Indy\'s collegue is kidnapped and the skull is also gone. Indiana jones and his remaining companion,as well as the pilot of the arriving aircraft, realize that they must hurry to the hidden pyramid before the villains summon the power of their skull.

After a long and dangerous journey through the cavern, they finally arrive at the pyramid, deep in a valley surrounded by mountains.

The villains capture the two, and continue to summon the power of the skull. As the villains place the skull on it\'s respective alter ,they are errupt in flames. Dr. Jones realizes that their skull, was a skull of peace

Finn

Staff member
Papa Jones said:
Hum, the worldwideweb is huge... who precisely is your source...?
It's kind of ironic that one asks this in the only thread you can post stuff without an apparent source.

Niteshade007

Yeah, that idea isn't particularly good. And probably not very accurate, since it fails to include Marion. And Shia just being a student who tags along seems to have shades of Willie. And I think we all know how useless that character was (although attractive).

effin

what sean connery as indy's dad? i can't believe they would put indiana jones'
dad in an indy adventure. Nobody wants to see that. It should be about his search for fortune and glory, not some soap opera father and son estrangement. If sean connery's role turns out to be indy's dad, I'm not going.

Dr.Sartorius

Ive heard from a reliable source that Indy and Marion are actually brother and sister. Lucas thought this would add more dimension to their characters.

Dr.Sartorius said:
Ive heard from a reliable source that Indy and Marion are actually brother and sister. Lucas thought this would add more dimension to their characters.

And Belloq is actually Mutt's father. It was a long submarine ride for Marion.