lol man Toht is awsome

SterankoII

The coat hanger scene in the tent is my favorite Toht scene!

Spielberg said Lacey reminded him of Peter Lorre and that's why he cast him as Toht!

The_Raiders

Lol, yeah Toht is cool, for some reason I always thought it was funny when he says "So.... what shall we talk about" :rolleyes: I was considering making a fan movie series called "The adventures of young Arnold Toht" starring my little cousisn, he fits the chractor perfect, beleive me ;)

Snakes

If Raiders had been made in the 1930s or 40s, Peter Lorre would have been a perfect Toht. Peter Lorre is awesome!

Eric Solo

Can't you just picture Toht on a blind date? (Creepy smile) "What shall we talk about?"

(y)

SPeaking of Peter Lorre: There was a guy named Paul Frees who was a voiceover artist for Disney among others and he did an AMAZING impression of Peter Lorre. It can be heard on the CD soundtrack to Disney's Theme Park Exclusive CD The Haunted Mansion Original Attraction Soundtrack. (Not the movie soundtrack)

:dead:

Indy_Chic

Toht was one creepy dude! :eek: But I always laugh when he burns his hand during the bar fight and he runs outside screaming and plants his hand in the snow. :p

Nurhachi1991

lol toht on blind date i could picture that

date: what do you want to drink?

Toht: I am not thirsty............

date: ok............

(Toht pulls out coat hanger)

Toht: so what shall we talk about..........

Indy4fan

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePvY_03REd0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePvY_03REd0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHA(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
He just trails off, then he says, 'I hope for your sake, he has not yet acquired it?'

MARION: Why? Are you willing to offer more?

TOHT: Almost certainly.

Indy4fan

Violet Indy said:
He just trails off, then he says, 'I hope for your sake, he has not yet acquired it?'

MARION: Why? Are you willing to offer more?

TOHT: Almost certainly.
I think it's "Oh, most certainly!"

In Doom I thought Indy said: "Are you trying to develop a sense of humor of my own death?" lol.

oki9Sedo

Indy4fan said:
I think it's "Oh, most certainly!"

In Doom I thought Indy said: "Are you trying to develop a sense of humor of my own death?" lol.

The most embarrassing misunderstanding of a character's line for me was when I watched Tim Burton's Batman.

Batman punches the Joker.
Batman: "I'm going to kill you."
The Joker: "You IDIOT! You made me! Remember? You dropped me into that vat of chemicals! That wasn't easy to get over, and don't think I didn't try!".

I used to think he said "You idiot! You made me remember!", as in Batman's punch made him remember him dropping him into the vat of chemicals!

Paden

oki9Sedo said:
I used to think he said "You idiot! You made me remember!", as in Batman's punch made him remember him dropping him into the vat of chemicals!
LOL! Nothing like a punch to the head to jog one's memory! :D

It is remarkable what a memorable villain Toht is, given the limited screen time that he has. My favorite scene of his has to be his entrance into Belloq's tent. The apprehension on Belloq and Marion's faces as Toht begins to assemble his coat hanger, followed by their relief when they realize that it isn't some kind of torture device, is priceless.

Blue Jay

i always wondered what Marion ment when she adressed Toht as Herr Mac.

Why Mac?

This is something i just couldnt get out of my head.

Was Marion refering to KotCS? :p

SterankoII

I always thought the guy reading Life magazine on the plane was supposed to be Toht but then I found out he was played by Dennis Muren!

Ska

SterankoII said:
I always thought the guy reading Life magazine on the plane was supposed to be Toht but then I found out he was played by Dennis Muren!

Really? I "toht" it was Toht also.

As a matter of fact, I just watched it last Sunday and thought that.