lol man Toht is awsome

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Kooshmeister said:
He's seen very briefly and a quick glance will make almost anyone assume it's Toht, so therefore, I still think it's at least meant to be him in terms of the story. Think of it as Muren doubling for the unavailable Lacey.

Why Lacey wasn't available, hasn't been said.

I don't think so. Check the picture. It's a tan jacket, not the black Toht <I>always</I> wears. If they'd meant it to be him, Muren would have been all in black.

WillKill4Food

Kooshmeister said:
It is Toht, for all intents and purposes. I've read on IMDB they just didn't have Ronald Lacey on hand to film the scene so they used Muren, but I think it's supposed to be Toht because who else would it be? :cool:
It could have just been another Gestapo dude.
Although, as Attila said, the colors of his clothes are different. All of the gestapo agents in Indy have worn black, but perhaps this guy was an exception.
Or, perhaps, he was trying to blend in. Those black suits aren't very inconspicuous.
I think that Toht is pronounced "Toat". On the behind the scenes segments, i'm pretty sure it's always pronounced "Toat."
Herr Gruber just pronounces it funny because he's a Brit. Just kidding, Hans.

WillKill4Food

couldn't find it online, BUT, i looked in a german pronounciation guide for the word "wo" (where in German) with is pronounced "voe" and it said to pronounce it as "oh." So, I think that the word "Toht" is pronounced "Toat."

Nurhachi1991

WillKill4Food said:
Anyone seen Funny Farm, starring Chevy Chase?
In one scene, a moving van driver is looking for a town and asks a random old man on the front porch where it is. The smilies indicate their expressions:

Driver: "Hey, Mac. Do you know where Redbud is." :confused:
Old Man: " How'd yegh know my name is Mac?" :mad:
Driver: "...I just guessed." :eek:
Old Man: "Then yegh cane jest guess yer way to Redbud then!" :mad:

Probably not funny written out, but hilarious on screen.

I have seen that movie more in my life than indiana jones most likely lol

my mom used to watch it like once a week

In Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventures, TOHT is seen reading the magazine. Why did they do this in the game? It should have been the same as in the movie, right?

Henry W Jones

Givemethewhip86 said:
In Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventures, TOHT is seen reading the magazine. Why did they do this in the game? It should have been the same as in the movie, right?

It's Lego and the guy in the movie is dressed just like him. (Toht)

Lego Indy 2 is totally inaccurate compared to the first one as far as the movies, so that is pretty minor in comparison.

Nurhachi1991 said:
lol toht on blind date i could picture that

date: what do you want to drink?

Toht: I am not thirsty............

date: ok............

(Toht pulls out coat hanger)

Toht: so what shall we talk about..........
date: Love your outfit. Toht:Hehheh, thanks. date: You're cute. Toht:Thanks again. Now.......What shall we talk about?

Last edited:
Kooshmeister said:
It is Toht, for all intents and purposes. I've read on IMDB they just didn't have Ronald Lacey on hand to film the scene so they used Muren, but I think it's supposed to be Toht because who else would it be? :cool:

Besides, all we see of him is his hat and eyes and glasses over the top of the magazine. It's clear that they disguised who it was and only showed the hat and glasses so the audience would make the connection when Toht comes into the bar later.
Probably, Koosh. We still do not know who this person was. His trenchcoat and glasses are somewhat different than Toht's. By the way, it says in Black's novelization that he borded in Shanghai. The only person I can ask is George Lucas or Steven Spielberg, that is, if I MEET them(like you know at a convention or something).