Wall-E

sandiegojones

mutt willams said:
i am 11 years old, afraid of what my freinds might thinkk....:eek:
You're 11, who cares!

This looks good, but from the reviews I've seen this is a classic film regardless of whether it's animated or not.

Michael24

Not much interest in this on my part, though my mom is dying to see it. I don't know; I haven't really been thrilled by Pixar lately, and hearing this film has only a minimum of actual spoken dialogue isn't exactly a big selling point for me. I'd like to think it couldn't be worse than Finding Nemo, but you never know. I may just wait for DVD, if at all.

Goonie

I'm a big fan of Disney. I got all the Pixar films from Toy Story to Ratatouille on DVD and most of the 46 animated classics (Snow White to Meet the Robinsons). I'm really looking forward to seeing WALL-E sometime this weekend. I even picked up the smaller WALL-E and Eve toys today.

So far all the initial reviews are excellent. I checked on Yahoo and the major critics all gave it an "A".

sandiegojones

Apparently Wall-E has similarities with Charlie Chaplin and the film "City Lights" and references to other sci-fi film greats. Sounds interesting.

Lonsome Indy

i remember when i first read about it, i couldnt believe how this could be done.

i still want to see it, maybe later this week. Pixar probably capitalized again. have they ever had a flop?

Goonie

My WALL*E Review

A wonderful, magnificent, thought-provoking, beautiful movie. (notice I italicized thought-provoking)

Definitely Pixar's best. It has some pretty strong messages of where we could be headed.

One of the biggest ironies; the movie's message is about the amount of consumerism and its effects. Now here is the irony. I don't know if this was available in the states or if it was just here in Canada, but with every child's admission you got a free watch this opening weekend. Well after seeing the quality of the watch and walking out of the theater, I wondered: why give out a literal piece of garbage, probably made in China after subjecting kids and adults to a movie showing what could happen to us in the future? All the watch is is a rubber wrist band with a little digital display, but it's very very poorly constructed and won't exactly last that long. How many people will actually enjoy it? And how many will toss it out and have it end up in the landfill? Was it really worth spending money on wasting the amount of energy into the production of this piece of trash (the watch, not the movie )? I don't think so.

I loved the cameo appearance by Sputnik. And I started to laugh when WALL*E rolled up to the old refrigerator, I was thinking that Indiana was going to roll out of it.

Probably the best animated movie this year. One of the best sci-fi movies in a long time. This movie was a true masterpiece, and I hope to go see it again. "5 Stars" "Two-thumbs way up" "A+" (y) (y)

Oh, and since this is a Pixar movie, John Ratzenberger is in it. We can't have a Pixar movie with out old Cliff Clavin can we? ;)

agentsands77

WALL-E was a very good film. I highly recommend it.

It's not Pixar's best film, however, because of some unevenness. The first hour is brilliant, as good, if not better than anything Pixar's done so far, but the second hour is a bit more typical/predictable, despite some good ideas, and is nowhere near as inspiring as the first. And therein lies WALL-E's main issue.