The Waves of 2009

Sorcerer009

Hasbro Waves 5 thru ???

Has Hasbro said anything about what Waves 5 thru ??? are going to look like? Now that all films are represented are they going to continue to release each wave as a seperate film or are they going to mix characters from each film in the wave set?

If they are, indeed, going to still separate it by film then are they going to release it in the same order they did with the first four waves...with "Raiders" being Wave 5 and "TOD" being Wave 8?

Just curious. I am indeed looking forward to more "Raiders" figures as soon as possible but I would be bummed to have to wait a whole other year to get more "Temple Of Doom" figures...hell, it's painfull that I have to wait three more months just to get the first set of TOD figures.

glorbes

I wouldn't mind if they release a mixture of characters from films in subsequent waves. That way, we won't have to wait a long time for film-specific characters.

MaxPhactor23

I believe it’s a safe assumption to guess that wave five will be another Raiders themed series, consisting of Toht, Marion (White Dress), German Mechanic, Colonel Dietrich, and Belloq (Egypt). Most of these were already confirmed.

Goonie

MaxPhactor23 said:
I believe it’s a safe assumption to guess that wave five will be another Raiders themed series, consisting of Toht, Marion (White Dress), German Mechanic, Colonel Dietrich, and Belloq (Egypt). Most of these were already confirmed.

I guess it will be a while then before they release Captain Katanga and the guy that played gasoline-drinking Chocolate Mousse in Top Secret (I guess in Raiders he's referred to as the Bantu Wind's first mate?)

Deckard

MaxPhactor23 said:
I believe it?s a safe assumption to guess that wave five will be another Raiders themed series, consisting of Toht, Marion (White Dress), German Mechanic, Colonel Dietrich, and Belloq (Egypt). Most of these were already confirmed.

They want to do these in a Vintage style wave, like they did with the VOTC Star Wars figures. They are just very articulate w/ old style cards, its a great idea.

They also said they were working on more ToD in '09 and there are still characters from CS like Mac or Ox, Marion, A Dovchenko w/o Hat and Maybe some US Army disguise russians would be nice. And LC... I could go on and on, and they seem to be selling extremely well so I see no reason Hasbro would stop. Lego confirmed new sets in '09 too.

Looks like those few a while back who predicted this line would die quickly should eat their words.

deckard24

Deckard said:
They want to do these in a Vintage style wave, like they did with the VOTC Star Wars figures. They are just very articulate w/ old style cards, its a great idea.

They also said they were working on more ToD in '09 and there are still characters from CS like Mac or Ox, Marion, A Dovchenko w/o Hat and Maybe some US Army disguise russians would be nice. And LC... I could go on and on, and they seem to be selling extremely well so I see no reason Hasbro would stop. Lego confirmed new sets in '09 too.

Looks like those few a while back who predicted this line would die quickly should eat their words.
I'll eat mine if you're right! In fact I hope you're right, because I'd love to see this line continue! My only concern is all the stores by me are stocked with the same stuff week in week out. Not a lot seems to have been bought lately, and the rarer scarce figures Spalko, Cemetary Warrior, etc. as well as vehicles The Jungle Cutter and The Cargo Truck are fully stocked! The Toys R Us by me has the line pushed into a corner next to the non-selling Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian stuff!

Sorcerer009

So (hypothetically speaking) let's say that the Hasbro line of action figures only goes for one more year, with only four more waves of six action figures. Which ones do you guys think SHOULD BE MADE before the line ends.

Remember that you can only pick six action figures per movie.

I'll go first...

Wave 5 (Raiders)
1. Marion in White Dress
2. Toht
3. Belloq (Jungle Suit)
4. Bald German Mechanic
5. Colonel Dietrich
6. Belloq (White suit & hat)

Wave 6 (Temple Of Doom)
1. Willie Scott (Nightclub Dress)
2. Lao Che
3. Village Shaman
4. Chatter Lal
5. Thuggee Priest
6. Captain Blumburtt

Wave 7 (Last Crusade)
1. Elsa in Library suit
2. Walter Donovan
3. Kazim (of the brotherhood of the cruciform sword)
4. Marcus Brody
5. Sallah w/ Red Fez
6. Fedora

Wave 8 (KOTCS)
1. Marion
2. Oxley
3. Mac
4. Alien Creature (after the skulls have come together)
5. Dean Stanforth
6. Indy as Professor (or in suit)

And if we got at least four more Deluxe Waves I'd like to see
1. Kao Khan and Chen
2. Satipo and Barranca
3. Chatter Lal (Purple Kali Dress) and Shirtless Kali Indy
4. Katanga & First Mate

Naturally I'd like to see a lot more made (and I'm praying that this line continues) but if not, then these are the ones I think deserve to see the light of day.

Your turn!!!

RichardJones

I agree with most of these, but I made a few changes that I would like to see .

Wave 5 (Raiders)
1. Marion in White Dress
2. Toht
3. Belloq (Jungle Suit)
4. Bald German Mechanic
5. Colonel Dietrich
6. Indy in German disguise(y)

Wave 6 (Temple Of Doom)
1. Willie Scott (Nightclub Dress)
2. Lao Che
3. Village Shaman
4. Chatter Lal
5. Thuggee Priest
6. Indy in Tux(y)

Wave 7 (Last Crusade)
1. Elsa in Library suit
2. Walter Donovan
3. Kazim (of the brotherhood of the cruciform sword)
4. Marcus Brody
5. Sallah w/ Red Fez
6. Indy in Nazi disguise(y)

Wave 8 (KOTCS)
1. Marion
2. Oxley
3. Mac
4. Alien Creature (after the skulls have come together)
5. Dean Stanforth
6. Indy as Professor (or in suit)

RichardJones

deckard24 said:
I'll eat mine if you're right! In fact I hope you're right, because I'd love to see this line continue! My only concern is all the stores by me are stocked with the same stuff week in week out. Not a lot seems to have been bought lately, and the rarer scarce figures Spalko, Cemetary Warrior, etc. as well as vehicles The Jungle Cutter and The Cargo Truck are fully stocked! The Toys R Us by me has the line pushed into a corner next to the non-selling Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian stuff!

A lot of the problem is that these stores order way too much , All the Wal-Mart’s around here are over stocked with the first 3 waves, I used to work for Wal-Mart, and if things are still the same now as they were then, They wont order more til these sale (n)

ChromiumBlue37

How is this thread different than this one, (aside from the title)? -

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=15967

As I have said a million times, our boards are becoming way too cluttered and difficult to navigate. Please use some common courtesy and use the SEARCH function. By not doing so, you are only keeping yourself and others away from available information that has already been posted.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ChromiumBlue37 said:
How is this thread different than this one, (aside from the title)? -

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=15967

As I have said a million times, our boards are becoming way too cluttered and difficult to navigate. Please use some common courtesy and use the SEARCH function. By not doing so, you are only keeping yourself and others away from available information that has already been posted.

Quoted in hopes that some more people see it, and for truth. Also, thanks for linking to it. It just makes things easier, both for the members until we get around to doing the merger and for us once we do.

Threads merged, obviously.

mfisher

I think before I would want a Dean Stanforth figure for KOTCS I would rather see the Russians in US Uniform disguise... ( I mean, how dull is a Dean Stanforth figure :rolleyes: )

PloKoon

heh, yeah, but the only thing that bugs me is that the figs have been lookin just a lil' odd, dunno if it just happened or if they've always looked like that.
:whip:

Spalkomania

Does anyone think it's possible that Hasbro will release another 3.75" version of Spalko with a better likeness?

Agent Z

Spalkomania said:
Does anyone think it's possible that Hasbro will release another 3.75" version of Spalko with a better likeness?

Oh man Spalkomania, are you referring to the Adventure Heroes Spalko? I thought they did a great job with that one.

The "standard" figure though, I can't bring myself to buy...in spite of my completist nature regarding any and all things Spalko.

Errex

Spalkomania said:

I think so. The regular version has an uniform we see only after she enters Akator, so we still need a version with the plain jumpsuit she wore for most of the movie.