The Waves of 2009

DetectiveFork

I'm bummed there isn't a plain-clothes Belloq. But the rest look decent. Love the new Marion. Since I want her the most, she'll probably be one per case. Toht's alternate head is very freaky, if inaccurate.

Sorcerer009

Marion looks great! I love that it's the ripped version of the white dress and that she is missing one shoe!!!

I agree that Toht's alternate face should be melted a little bit more.

And for some reason I thought we were getting six new figures?

Also I thought this wave would be coming next spring but it looks like we're getting them in January! YAY!!!

The Golden Idol

Awesome pics! Let's go through them one by one, shall we?

Slide68.JPG

The German Disguise Indy looks good. I wonder if he'll come with a cap?

Marion looks great, and I'm really waiting for this figure. Let's hope she has a good likeness and an included (removable) bottom half of her dress.

A Satipo figure with a good likeness and removable tarantulas would be awesome.

The German Mechanic will be a great figure if the likeness and shirtless articulation will be handled well.

Toht looks a little "meh" because of his oversized hat, inaccurate melting face and awkward-looking joints, but if this will be fixed this could be an awesome figure.

Despite the disappointing absence of Belloq and Dietrich, I am really looking forward to this wave and here's hoping we get some awesomely made figs!

nevsky41

I'd personally rather see a second Raiders MArion in her costume from Nepal as opposed to the white dress, but I seem to be in the minority...

Luke Skywalker

nevsky41 said:
I'd personally rather see a second Raiders MArion in her costume from Nepal as opposed to the white dress, but I seem to be in the minority...

KOTCS marion a similar to nepal outfit doesnt she?

The have to make a KOTCS marion, anyway.

mister64

I'm afraid Hasbro's IJ line will not have the longevity we all are hoping for. Stores over-ordered the initial two waves and are hesitant to order subsequent waves (TLC and TOD). If they would put figures on sale (3 for 2, 25% off, 2 for 1, etc), I'm sure they could clear out the backlog to make room for the new figures.

I will be happy if Hasbro does one wave for each film in 2009.

I assume Dietrich will be added to the ROTLA wave but just wasn't shown at Comic Con.

If they continue with 6 figures per wave, I'd like to see:

TOD:
Indy Tux
Lao Che
Willie (Club Obi-Wan outfit)
Lao Che's thug
Lao Che's son (skewered?)
Wu Han (Indy's friend who is killed)

(I'd love an Earl Weber/Dan Aykroyd figure, but I doubt that would happen unless the line lasted 5-6 years)

TLC:
Marcus Brody (he MUST be made before the line ends)
Donovan (also a "must make" figure)
Indy "No Ticket" scene or Professor Indy w/ removable hat
Elsa Venice outfit or Sallah with removable fez
Panama Hat (guy Indy takes Cross of Coronado from on ship)
Kazim (Brotherhood of Cruciform)

(Fedora would be a good choice but I'd rather see a new character-we can use a spare Indy to stand in for Fedora)

KOTCS:
Mac
Oxley
Indy professor (removable hat) or in jacket (with permanant hat)
Marion
Charles Stanforth (probably wouldn't be made as he is just a Brody stand-in) or Dovchenko in American outfit
Russian in American outfit or FBI agent (suit) or KGB agent (suit)

(Hasbro, please notice how there is no Mutt figure listed. Everyone who wants one has bought the jacket figure, if they really liked him they bought the shirt one too)

I'd like a suited Belloq as well, as I don't really want to buy the ceremony Belloq just to get a Belloq figure.

It would be great if Hasbro would put a suit Belloq into the ROTLA 2009 wave (use the same body mold for Marcus and Donovan if it will get them to make those figures) and then get Dietrich in a deluxe pack with an ark ghost or two.

nevsky41

well, if i can't get a Nepal Marion, that version is lightyears better than the first, so I suppose it's acceptable.

Wugmanmax

I hope the big-box stores see the IJ line as similar to the Star Wars line. To get sales jumping again, they simply have to clearance what is straggling on the pegs. New Wave = Much Moolah.

HovitosKing

Wugmanmax said:
I hope the big-box stores see the IJ line as similar to the Star Wars line. To get sales jumping again, they simply have to clearance what is straggling on the pegs. New Wave = Much Moolah.

I would have thought this was a no-brainer and would have happened long ago. So far, it seems I've overestimated the functionality of said brains.