So... what do you think of the full soundtrack?

Yure

Don't know if should it be in the spoilers thread (is it possible to spoil a soundtrack? ;)), but it the doubt I go for it, mods change it if you believe it's in the wrong place.

Oh well, post here your reviews and share you thoughts about the new soundtrack if and when you hear it.

I just had the time to listen to the entire soundtrack once, and have not assimilated yet, so I promise to write more later (bedtime now, 2,30 am here).

It's a great soundtrack of course, pure JW. I have this underlying feeling that it hasn't an identity so strong as Raiders or LC (my personal favourite), the themes aren't weak, they just seem a little "standard", but I keep the rights to change my opinion after some more listenings. I miss a Russian vibe, the villains theme seems completeley focused on Irina and not on a general bad guys one like for Nazis. Mutt's adventures seem a little like a kids movie.
Oh well, gotta sleep on it and listen better tomorrow... meanwhile post here your feelings on the new soundtrack :)

Jason

It's great. I'm jazzed.

The Mexican music that starts playing during Akator cracked me up.

All in all, it's surprisingly playful and a great addition to the previous 3 soundtracks.

HawkEagleWolf

More like a combination of all of them in bits of peices but very all new and some good original stuff either Indy or Williams too. :)

-HawkEagleWolf

Spriggan Jones

Ants is definately my favorite track! You can pretty much figure out what's going on. From the look and sound of things the Indy vs. Dovchenko anthill fight is gonna be awesome!:whip:

Playmount

In the very last minute of the last track, "Finale," The Raiders March is arranged in a way we've never heard it before in any of the previous three films. Very poignant. It very much felt like, "This is it folks... this is the very last Indy. We hope you enjoyed this one last adventure."

Overall, I thought the soundtrack was tepid. It has a few standout moments, but it feels tired. The best stuff ultimately, for me.... were the various touches of ROTLA.

Ironically, listening to this score makes me want to watch ROTLA for the 767th time, not the upcoming movie.

Playmount said:
In the very last minute of the last track, "Finale," The Raiders March is arranged in a way we've never heard it before in any of the previous three films. Very poignant. It very much felt like, "This is it folks... this is the very last Indy. We hope you enjoyed this one last adventure."

Overall, I thought the soundtrack was tepid. It has a few standout moments, but it feels tired. The best stuff ultimately, for me.... were the various touches of ROTLA.

Ironically, listening to this score makes me want to watch ROTLA for the 767th time, not the upcoming movie.

I agree with you completely. That's exactly how I felt.

JerryKing

Unfortunately, the score just strengthens the conviction to which I reluctantly had to come shortly after the time of "Attack of the Clones": John Williams can no longer write a new memorable theme.

JerryKing said:
Unfortunately, the score just strengthens the conviction to which I reluctantly had to come shortly after the time of "Attack of the Clones": John Williams can no longer write a new memorable theme.

There's only so many combinations of 5 and 7 note themes you can make and he seems to have exhausted them all already.

Jason

"Across the Stars" and "Battle of the Heroes" are pretty memorable. I feel the same way about "Call of the Crystal."

Jndy

You people sure are judgmental considering you haven't heard the soundtrack. But I'm sure you have an amazing crystal ball.

The samples online don't really offer much of a picture. If they are the highlights of the soundtrack, I feel worse about it; it sounds derivative of Williams' earlier works (Hook, Last Crusade, Star Wars Ep II) but lacking the energy and magic of the originals.

We'll find out!

TheFox

Jndy said:
You people sure are judgmental considering you haven't heard the soundtrack. But I'm sure you have an amazing crystal ball.
Wake up dude! The full soundtrack is floating around since at least 4 hours!

That said, even though I heard it only twice so far, I already enjoy it immensely! I'll try to write a review tomorrow :)