"Last Crusade" Action Figures

WillKill4Food

ForbiddenEye said:
I won't buy them online (Paint Apps, Shipping prices) but even if I wanted too, as of last night all the Last Crusade figures were out of stock.
:p
What?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

UIMJ

Got the whole LC wave in my case last night. At least I'm done with the Last Crusade raid. The Indy with tie is very cool, btw. It makes for a pretty symmetrical standing display without the coat flapping around and whatnot. Now on the wait for the ToD stuff....

UIMJ

ChromiumBlue37 said:
My Wal-Mart in North Aurora, Illinois, had the remnans of TLC wave. Three Castle Brunwald Indy's. After flipping through each peg, I was ready to give up when I noticed a Youn Indy at the very bottom. Almost hidden. One I did not have.

LOL, that's the one I left hanging on the pegs when I was there the other day. I've got some extras of that one, Henry Sr. and the Grail Knight now though that I've received my case....

I'll hold on to them until I run out of room for carded figs, I suppose.
-shrugs-

RelicHunter

This is getting pointless. I went to Wal-Mart after class. And they were stocking Indy figures. They opened a fresh case for me. And nothing new. What the hell is going on?

I've been hitting stores for the past few weeks and I'm getting so SICK of not finding anything...There are very few Wal-marts in my area and I hate wasting more and more gas on these fruitless trips. I think I'm getting to the point that I don't even want the figures...Okay, maybe I'm not there yet but I'm close!!!

I'm going to hit a few stores today...Let's see what happens....:mad:

Good Luck All

UIMJ

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Must... have... Henry... Jones... Sr...

Is this a tease, or what?

Oh yeah. What was the case ratio like?

It was exactly this:
3x Indiana Jones With Sub-machine Gun
2x Young Indy
1x Indiana Jones (Temple)
1x Indiana Jones In Shirt
1x Dr. Henry Jones
1x Elsa
1x Vogel
2x Grail Knight

But see, what was initially making me nervous (in that other thread I started the other day) was that when I opened the Wal-Mart case, it was a Wave 2 case with only one Henry Sr. and one or two Young Indy's in it. But essentially, the case I ordered came packed exactly as described above.

Logan

I found the Grail Knight and Elsa today at the Wal-mart next to me. I also saw Young Indy and Indy in Tie but I am not interested in either of them. I am wanting Henry Jones Sr. and Vogel

HovitosKing

BenderJones said:
I've been hitting stores for the past few weeks and I'm getting so SICK of not finding anything...There are very few Wal-marts in my area and I hate wasting more and more gas on these fruitless trips. I think I'm getting to the point that I don't even want the figures...Okay, maybe I'm not there yet but I'm close!!!

I'm right there with you. This is the worst marketing campaign I've ever seen.

Lambonius

Well, I've now officially seen a few more LC figures trickling into my area's Walmarts. The exceptionally hard to find figures aren't around (probably just disappearing too quickly), but a handful of Indy w/Tie, Young Indy, and the Grail Knight have started to surface. Most store's pegs are still the same old Waves 1 & 2 bloated story, and I've already managed to acquire the rest of the wave through other means (thankfully I managed to find most of it in store early on,) but it's heartening to see these figures finally starting to show up in slightly more regular numbers and at more than just the one random store that got them a month ago when they were released.

Luckylighter

Toys 'r Us is dropping the ball here in North Jersey. I just called and asked about the third wave, and they said they don't plan on getting any new Indiana Jones figures for awhile. The lady who answered the phone said that what they have on the pegs is it for awhile.

KB Toys said the same thing when I called them.

And Targert and Walmart are pretty much useless here as well.

HovitosKing

Luckylighter said:
Toys 'r Us is dropping the ball here in North Jersey. I just called and asked about the third wave, and they said they don't plan on getting any new Indiana Jones figures for awhile. The lady who answered the phone said that what they have on the pegs is it for awhile.

KB Toys said the same thing when I called them.

And Targert and Walmart are pretty much useless here as well.

For some reason there's a real disconnect between Hasbro and retailers. Retailers either aren't aware that there are additional Indy waves that will be highly sought by collectors and fans, or they don't understand that clearing out inventory and getting to those waves will boost sales again. Hasbro should have marketed these as different lines, not just different waves of the same line. That way the retailers would clear more shelf space to add them.

Where are the figures going, if retailers aren't ordering them? Hasbro's online store doesn't have them either (not in stock), is there some massive warehouse somewhere with LC figures hidden away? Or is Hasbro, despite what they've said in interviews, actually under-producing them?

iLUVINDY

HovitosKing said:
For some reason there's a real disconnect between Hasbro and retailers. Retailers either aren't aware that there are additional Indy waves that will be highly sought by collectors and fans, or they don't understand that clearing out inventory and getting to those waves will boost sales again. Hasbro should have marketed these as different lines, not just different waves of the same line. That way the retailers would clear more shelf space to add them.

Where are the figures going, if retailers aren't ordering them? Hasbro's online store doesn't have them either (not in stock), is there some massive warehouse somewhere with LC figures hidden away? Or is Hasbro, despite what they've said in interviews, actually under-producing them?

i dont know, but i orderd mine online and they all had excellent paint jobs, they were all amazing!!!

Luckylighter

HovitosKing said:

I have a theory about this. When the first wave of Indy toys hit the shelves at the end of April, here in North Jersey, those first few days the shelves were picked clean. I find it hard to believe that in this area there are that many Indiana Jones collectors, especially when I've seen only less than a handful of fans on Indy boards such as this one who say they are from the same area as me.

However, the first wave did hit shelves around the same time as the biggest New Jersey convention, Chiller Theatre, was about to start. And there were alot of vendors selling these Indy figures at a ridiculous mark up. I think they are to blame for alot of this. I believe the LC wave did hit North Jersey, but because it hit around the San Diego Comic Con, I think alot of North Jersey convetion vendors (who were headed to Comic Con) bought up the LC wave the day it hit, to sell in San Diego, thereby not giving us sincere collectors a chance to get a crack at them. Because I think that's how convention vendors get their merchandise (especially toy vendors). I don't think they are supplied through the toy manufacturers, I think they buy in bulk from the same toy stores we shop at, making it harder for us to get our hands on the figures we want.

And I think eBay sellers also buy up these figures to sell at mark up.

Basically these jerks are making themselves the only game in town. (n) :mad:

ChromiumBlue37

Those guys are referred to as scalpers.

Hasbro should have known better than this. Why did they pack one single new figure in a case of older ones? Stupid, stupid, stupid!!

Luke Skywalker

I dont understand very much the box assorments.

Why not make small boxes for each figure, containing about 5 figures?

That way if a retailer is asked alot for one specific figure, they can order one box of that specific figure without having to order some pegwarmers along.

That way, they would sell what people want and not much pegwarmers.

And therefore they should make numbers of figures in accord with the demand.

Nothing tonight...

I've spent $30 in gas this week...I think I'm calling it quits!
If I find them at one of my "locale" stores..Great, Wonderful...
I stopped collecting Star Wars because there was too much...It never ends!!! Now, I'm thinking about quiting G.I. Joe and Indy because new stuff is bloody impossible to find...

Hasbro...your killing my joy

tnswman

Luke Skywalker said:
I dont understand very much the box assorments.

Why not make small boxes for each figure, containing about 5 figures?

That way if a retailer is asked alot for one specific figure, they can order one box of that specific figure without having to order some pegwarmers along.

That way, they would sell what people want and not much pegwarmers.

And therefore they should make numbers of figures in accord with the demand.

you are getting close.

Gi Joe figures from Hasbro come in cases of 8

As many of you know, I am in contact with hasbro some and I have talked with them about doing this with indy in Non event years such as 2009.

If they can get around the fact that they HAVE to pack the current cases with the basic Indy and Mutt figures ( Yes folks!! those figures are selling VERY well ) then they can drop down to an 8 figure case. however, right now, too many buyers are consuming the basic Indy and Mutt character figures. Which is good because the Lack of the Indy character figure in the old lines is what killed them ( ROTLA & TOD )