Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Phantom-Train

Darth Mickey
You say I attempted to get away from the points by mentioning Flash Gordon's special effects. Excuse me, you said yourself your main problem with new Star Wars is all the CGI. My point is that the models used in the OT, like in the old Flash Gordon or the original Star Trek TV show, looked fake in some scenes--and yet they are defended as being infinitely better than CGI. So, how am I off point?

Also, I asked you why you come here every day to rip apart a film you admit to having no interest in and you give no answer. I assume there is no answer.

I think I gave a few thoughtful reasons as to why I think the Prequels have been unfairly criticized. What insightful analysis do I get in return?

"He lives in his CGI world with Really Really bad We are the World we are the children aliens and Alien Jedi crap that everyone can't stand and really laughs about."

Yes, that's very good. If only George Lucas had your genius. Good day to you as well, sir.

DarthMickey

the Points Have all been made in many prior post.The one of mine you mention work's as well. P.S. I wouldn't right a bio everytime you post. Short and to the point works best. Lucas has lost his way for 18 years.that kind of stuff! Haa-Haa! :hat:

Peacock's-Eye

DarthMickey said:
the Points Have all been made in many prior post.The one of mine you mention work's as well. P.S. I wouldn't right a bio everytime you post. Short and to the point works best. Lucas has lost his way for 18 years.that kind of stuff! Haa-Haa! :hat:
And you're a worthless Troll, Haa-Haa! :hat:

The Man

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/movies/2008112129_mr15star.html

Even acknowledging that "Star Wars" has never been serious science fiction rather than increasingly juvenile and self-important fantasy, this one is strictly for kids ? and the sort of adults that Triumph the Insult Comic Dog would eat for lunch. Also, if you thought Jar Jar Binks was annoying, meesa want you to meet a few new friends.

Disappointing it is, that creator George Lucas couldn't even twist Frank Oz's arm to show up for an afternoon and do a few lines of Yoda. Read the script; Oz must have.

Peacock's-Eye

The Man said:
Wouldn't I be afraid that you'd rape me? :rolleyes:
It took you 24 hours to come up with that?!?
You win the Sammy The Seal Award for Lame Come Backs:
Arf! Arf! Arf!

So much for the - da-dum! - cyber-fight!!!
Do you pull this crap in school?
"Dude, you're so starting a fight!"
"Ok."
"I think I hear I mom calling...."

HovitosKing

Agent Spalko said:
But there's no denying that it tarnishes the brilliance of the originals when 75% of the saga is now dumbed-down juvenile crap like Jar Jar and Stinky the Hutt. It diminishes the brilliance of the OT that once appealed to ALL ages a long time ago and has turned in into a Saturday morning cartoon for pre-teen audiences. The Clone Wars is a shining example of how Lucas has turned Star Wars into G.I. Joe by fighting armies of goofy robots akin to having armies of badshot Cobra troopers who always eject and parachute out of danger since it is verboten to show the horrors of war and violence to children. Fighting armies of clunky droids makes it "safe." So much for the Clone Wars being about Jedi fighting Dark Side dopplegangers of Dark Jedi. It's all just a big smackdown of Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots.

I won't deny that the trailer makes me think it's little more than a burp and fart joke cartoon with lame tweener comedy and dialogue. Star Wars has finally taken the inevitable plunge from revolutionary trilogy to farce.

Peacock's-Eye

HovitosKing said:
I won't deny that the trailer makes me think it's little more than a burp and fart joke cartoon with lame tweener comedy and dialogue. Star Wars has finally taken the inevitable plunge from revolutionary trilogy to farce.
There ya go, the Final Analysis! It's over people! Nothing to see here. Go back to your business, and get the lights on the way out, will ya?

:sleep:

Or maybe people are overreacting to a minor animated movie just made for the fun of it...

Peacock's-Eye

Crusade>Raiders said:
I don't think its overreacting to say something sucks.
No, but it is to say something is over, ruined forever, beyond recall etc.
It's also good to actually watch a movie before critiquing it.
Not that this board will lack for people who will pay for the privilege to complain. Going multiple times & purchasing the DVD so they can still complain a decade from now...

Crusade>Raiders

I might download it one day. If the cartoon creators from Cartoon Network were making the show, I'd be there in a heart beat. That show was amazing. Instead, Lucas said "Screw that, I'm doing my own movie!" and he got...well this film.

Oh well, back to my Clone Wars DVDs

The Man

http://www.beepcentral.com/story.aspx?story=25187

With "Clone Wars," Lucas continues to plunder the past of his own imagination at a great cost: the integrity and magic of his original "Star Wars" trilogy.

The effect is numbing and dumbing, especially when supposedly wise Obi-Wan and Anakin don?t think twice about sending young Ahsoka on a mission behind enemy lines to destroy an enemy force field. Wait! Isn?t Ahsoka a kid intern? Isn?t it just a little irresponsible to send an inexperienced Padawan into the field?

Get that, '****? 'Numbing' and 'dumbing' - your two prerequisites for a enjoyable movie...

Peacock's-Eye

The Man said:
http://www.beepcentral.com/story.aspx?story=25187

Get that, '****? 'Numbing' and 'dumbing' - your two prerequisites for a enjoyable movie...
Yippee! Wizard!
I'm sure this will give you fodder for plenty more Trolling! Keep up the predictable work!

While I am a fan of GL & SW, I never thought any SW movie was deeply meaningful. Yeah, some are better balanced than others, but I watch this stuff for fun, not to have a deep emotional experience. TM: if you tried reading a real novel, going to a serious play, or even watching a serious film (I can recommend a few if you want) you just might stop taking this so seriously. Or just living life a little - I mean, 2,000 posts...? :hat:

But your whole summer vacation (dammit, it's almost over for you isn't it? well, for what it's worth, adults don't even get one) hangs on how much you can bust KCS & TCW and drool all over Batman's plastic pecks. So you go at it, kid!

At any rate, you win the Thread! Yay!! I'm taking another long break in hopes that in another month this Forum will have gotten back to normal...

The Man

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20080814-9999-1w14clone.html

Is this supposed to be a romance? Anakin and Ahsoka trade barbs like Bogart and Hepburn in “The African Queen,” and their connection gets gooier as they try to rescue Jabba the Hutt's green-gas-burping baby son, Rotta the Huttlett. It seems Count Dooku (whose elongated face resembles the king in an old-fashioned chess set) has kidnapped Rotta as part of a false-flag operation intended to gain use of Jabba's outer-galaxy smuggling routes. No, seriously, that's the plot.

Peacock's-Eye said:
I'm taking another long break in hopes that in another month this Forum will have gotten back to normal...

Keep throwing terms like 'homophobe' and 'troll' and your next break may be permanent. Dumb sh!t...

Last edited:

sandiegojones

This is just a kids movie! Everybody lighten up. This doesn't change the OT or the PT.

There was the HOLIDAY SPECIAL and the EWOK ADVENTURE for Christ's sake!

You can find a lot of reasons to attack SW if you want. Even the OT. There's a lot of lame a$$ books and plotlines in the EU. As far as I'm concerned the Clone Wars is EU stuff and the movies are all that count (although I like some of the video games too). Rather than making a film that appeals to everyone (I think he realized he can't do that quite so well anymore-partially fan's issues not his), he's making films and shows that appeal to groups. Clone Wars for kids, games for teens and 20 somethings, live action SW show for adults.

If you're not 10 or under then you shouldn't complain because this wasn't made for you! If you're a 30 year old SW fanatic (which I am, but I'm sane and have been laid numerous times) it doesn't mean that everything SW is meant for you still. I'm taking my son, that's what it was made for.

Last edited:

The Man

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...4_clone_wars_waters_down_star_war_empire.html

Star Wars" fans have long howled like Wookiees that creator-director-poobah George Lucas can't stop sullying the name of the seminal sci-fi saga. From the original trilogy's (1977-1983) cleaned-up "Special Editions" in 1997 to the much-maligned prequels that began with 1999's "Episode I - The Phantom Menace," "Star Wars" has been used and abused like a two-dollar Jawa at the Mos Eisley spaceport.

The latest indignity is this animated re-launch of "The Clone Wars," which several years back served as an animated bridge between 2002's "Episode II - Attack of the Clones" and 2005's "Episode III - Revenge of the Sith." This new movie, chock-full of video game-style action scenes and drawn to resemble the puppets in the 1960s British TV show "Thunderbirds," is just as wooden as the last few live-action movies, and though aimed at children, it's a full galaxy away from being the least bit entertaining.

sandiegojones

This one's pretty scathing!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/movies/2008112129_mr15star.html

"Disappointing it is, that creator George Lucas couldn't even twist Frank Oz's arm to show up for an afternoon and do a few lines of Yoda. Read the script, Oz must have."

I think putting this in theaters was a poor descision. Of course it was done for money, but the standard for a movie (animated or not) is much higher than a show on Cartoon Network. Especially if it's Star Wars. Unless this has a big weekend, this may do damage to the audience for the upcoming show. Making people go pay $10 per ticket to see something they should get on cable might **** some people off.

Last edited:

HovitosKing

Peacock's-Eye said:
There ya go, the Final Analysis! It's over people! Nothing to see here. Go back to your business, and get the lights on the way out, will ya?

:sleep:

Or maybe people are overreacting to a minor animated movie just made for the fun of it...

Douchebag, don't ever go ape**** on and misrepresent one of my comments like that again you ****ing piece of ****. I said the ****ing trailer makes it look like a goddamn trainwreck, and for that reason I'm not seeing it. I did NOT say anything about the film sucking or about my impression being some kind of goddamn final analysis or even a worthwhile review. You want to see overreacting? This is overreacting. Your response to my little comment was overreacting. Go play with your cartoon light saber and **** OFF.

Peacock's-Eye

HovitosKing said:
Douchebag, don't ever go ape**** on and misrepresent one of my comments like that again you ****ing piece of ****. I said the ****ing trailer makes it look like a goddamn trainwreck, and for that reason I'm not seeing it. I did NOT say anything about the film sucking or about my impression being some kind of goddamn final analysis or even a worthwhile review. You want to see overreacting? This is overreacting. Your response to my little comment was overreacting. Go play with your cartoon light saber and **** OFF.
I'm sorry I have to actually respond to this - you need to reread my post, it was in no way confrontational. I can't believe you've been here since 2001 unless you were 6 years old at the time.