People are dying in the USA

kellpatton

Well Gladhatter about your story about the lady you saved from the burning car. You base America on one little event you cant say that those people are the reason people are dying in the U.S.A. Well i dont know about where you live but that must of just been a bad part of town because in many states i have seen acts of heroism that are unbelivable and iam sure all states are like that. The people in your story that left that lady in the burning car dont deserve to be called "Americans" They're just those people that use our country as an entertainment district, i know about those people, The stupid morons that trip old people just so they can have a good laugh, those people never grow up they're always a child mentally.They Should'nt be used to Represent America.

Rick5150

They should'nt be used to represent America.
You are 100% correct. They should not, but the fact is that this type of 'stupid moron' is found in every city and every state, just as the heroes are. We cannot pick and choose who we want to represent America like you can do in the Olympics - and this low-life has to be averaged into the mix as someone people could encounter while traveling in America. It isn't always pretty.

I am proud to be an American and will do my best to protect and uphold the reputation of my country, but I will not ignore the fact that we cannot ever sit on our butts thinking we are perfect when in fact, we have a long distance to go. What makes us better each day is that distance is getting shorter than most other countries.

Anybody is welcome to come to America, but please do not use the freedom for the wrong reasons. Start a business, push a broom, whatever ...stay off welfare unless it is essential and be proud of your origins, but do not come here and ruin it for others.

Kellpatton, It has became increasingly apparent to me that I do not have the mental capacity to correctly disortate on this elaboarate issue. In retrospect, I can clearly see that America is the greatest country in the world, Bush is the greatest president of all time, and you are by far the most discriminating and tastfully eloquent speaker that has posted here.

If you do not mind, would you care to furhter broden ups on this specific issue ( what ever it is as I seem to have forgotten now or else it changed names or something) and if not would you kindly start anew thread and expound on any topic of your choosing. I personally love to read after knowledagble informed people that are flexible enough to see things from all sides. You have set the standard of fairness here and have surly cleared me up on a myriad of issues that I was totally confused on.

It is the valued contributions of folks like your self that make this the great forum it is and I have appointed myself as a commitee of one to ask you to digress and divide and conquer and educate me and others further.

You have eloquently driven home single handedly the combined points that Rick, Monkey and IndyJohan combined and united have only scratched the surface of. Is your back ground in higher level education or was you just always brighter than the average person.

I live in the ukrainian mountain region of the upper plattes of the black forest just north and west of Norway and Mongolia. I really should not be posting on American physiology as I am really only trained in the eastern religions of my native south Austrilain Africa. Due to anglish not being my naive tounge and check I really should not post on things I only know nothing or less about.

Rick, now that is as broad as it is long and surly is the long and short of it. I always say if it is neither here nor there then where the heck is it. :)

All seriousness set some what aside and trying to compose a rational thought here not seeming possible, I would have to say this has truly brought on some good conversation. I hope some oters not from America will chime in here and tell us thier thoughs. But do not let that slow you don as you and Monkey have really brought soe fine points to the table.

I would love to hear an outsiders point of view Just being a man with out a country.

Rick5150

Ahem. To get back on topic...
a man is in a small row boat and he is heading toward the nigera falls for a sudden drop off some 500 meters away... but we do not just throw a rope instead we wait till he is about to the edge and all the tv cameras are now there and a new series is about to get tarted about his adventure and the media is now swarming a buzz and then we launch a full fledged rescuse mission...
The media does this for the same reason the Christians were thrown to the lions. Ratings. People want to see it. Besides, if you throw someone a rope and save their life, you are not as big a hero unless there is media coverage. The networks are competing for ratings and a single life is not their top priority (unless it is theirs).

Having film of someone making a heroic rescue or even worse, having film of someone going over the falls and getting killed is part of the ratings game. That is why these journalists are getting killed and injured as well. They put themselves in the middle of wars and tornadoes and riots to be the one with the best story. A bullet doesn't care who it hits. As long as we tune in. People who do not die are in need of extensive medical treatment and we are the lucky ones who pick up the tab for that. There is no "free" medical care. Somebody winds up paying all the time.

monkey

Hey Gladhatter,
Are you chewing peyote right now?

I'm sorry, and certainly don't mean to offend, but your last couple of posts were................ummm..........well, .....ah, bizarre.

Rick5150

I think Charlie is trying to present us with a multitude of various controversial topics to get some action going. It is all in the interest of learning what makes other people tick to me. I find it interesting. What is next? Bigfoot? Loch Ness Monster? I can't wait to find out myself ;)

Rick5150

Hey Monkey,
BTW, speaking of peyote, if you are a horticulturist you can purchase this hallucinogenic on line. Unbelievable. The same way you can only buy certain fireworks in my state if you are using them to scare off varmints. I guess Sea Sparrow Missiles that explode a couple of hundred feet in the air at night will scare off the woodchuck that is raiding my garden during the day.

Ummm Well Peyote .........No I ran out is what causes these eseeming bizzare post.... That and the fact I was quite learly out classed her with the superlative post of KellPatton on this specific topic so I thought to meander into a world I understood better. The world of the unknown. I guess I will ahve to look up that link on Peyote and restock up again. and Rick inregard to your post on single malt. Saw them making it on discosvery 2 days back . Intriquing. So was the pure agave Tequilla process. The single malt was and is more of an art than mountain moonshine made right. GH out for pepsi now.

Back to our regularly sceduled topic now.

I used to smoke a pipe and loved it . loved it more when oters smoke one around me. Captain black white pouch was my fav or something mild from the tender box if I visited a city. Never cared for mercham but loved thatt Kp Petterson briar. Felt I ahd to quit it as I would end up picking upa cig when I was in a place that would not care for a pipe or such . I never cared for any thing that could overpower or make me addicted so I just quit entirly. Stilllove to smell a great vanilla blend however. Back to them Yankees now ... heck of a team I hear. What they call themselves now Americans? Ahhh yes Cancer and Aids are wiping out the entire nation . Smoking is bad. Does any one think Medical marijuana should be prescribed?

monkey

Gladatter,
I don't know who you are, but your are either one strange individual, or you are a fake.

I'm calling you out here, Who are You???

Your posts are bizarre.

I grow tired of conversing with a lunatic.

"You go now. You be in store a long time. You don't buy nothing."

Nothing fake here only real thing. Whom am I. Just a hillbilly hatter, quzi phliospher, humantarian and a person that stays in wonderment a whole lot. My favorite book of all time is by Robert J Fulghum " All I ever really needed to know , I learned in Kintergarden" . My interest is my work and it is also my greatest pleasure. I am a craftsman that makes the finest hats available. I work too long of hours and answer to many emails and post too much of forums. Nothing to call out here but a person willing to listen and learn. I will tell you my opinion oftenas if it is chisled in granite and then I will listen to yours. If I like yours more I will change mine. I amnot an eloquent writer nor a very educated man and know most of what I do from the school of hard knocks. If I am boring you personally, I sugggest you disregard me. If i am bogging down your forum, I suggest you let me know privatly in no uncertain terms. I am a firm believer that palin language is easiest to understand but speak a butched colliquail english that is specific to this area of th appalachian mountain range. I hope that is enough to say for now but if not I will tell you any thing more. I have worked 18 hours today and my wife says I have to stop now. I will sign off and talk agin if you desire.

monkey

OK,
I don't really know what to think of you Gladhatter
If you are for real then ......OK.

but I found your post where you said that you were from the 'northern part of the Ukraine, northwest of Mongolia and Norway.................etc.................well, that was obviously the ravings of a madman.

Right now, I think you are either a faker, or a mad man.

Prove me otherwise.

I think you would do well to put things in context. if you read what that post was in reply to or whom it wasin reply to and the fact the man is following speifically only my post and has made a toatl of 4 or 6 post only and each of his post are replies to mine and all are non sensensical and he is reading my post and is convuluting them 100% then is making a very heated and completly erroneous reply to them. Now I am beginning to realize you seemed to have skipped his post entirly and are aslos only reading mine and as a result you are folling his path but in your case you are not getting heated or bizzare but instead only suffering mild confusion .

I will advise you of a leson I leared when trying to understand the most confusing text I ever studied. Read above and below !! I know you are not a religious man and that is fine as I too am not but I told you my favorite book and now my second favorite. the King James Bible. While it can prove a dauntig text to read , comphrend, or study, some times it can be mastered in a verse by verse study and keeping it in context and READING ABOVE AND BELOW . On the oter hannd you can make any thing y0ou want out of the book if you study it from a biassed stan pointand choose to pick out indivual passages here and ther when applicable to your cause and do not put the entire thing into context not only of reading but also historically in terms of time and setting and political events of the day and a million other factors. some understanding of the venue of translations and the jist of how they were channeled as wll may assist in an understanding of the text.

All the basic same rules can be applied when understanding text in a forum where there are a hot bed of opinions , political agenda's and private agenda's and biased people that all are seeking to promote any theme or theology or personal opinions they may have.

I suggest you relax and continue to publish your fine points of knowledge and stay with the given topic and allow us all to benefit from your spirited inputs. To try to understand my every post would be to try to analyze my mind as well. That may prve tobe a daunting task. Or at least one I have not yet mastered.

Any one else here have any thoughts?

monkey

You're right GH. I didn't read the whole thread. I kind of skipped to your posts. I'm sorry I spoke kind of harshly (I've been doing that too much lately).

Yeah, when read in context your 'luatic ravings' were intentional and had a purpose.

Once again, apologies.

No harm no foul Monkey ... Kate I thought you was missing in action. Now I have to got block a couple hats. It seems when things slow down I get extrodinarily lazy and stothful .

Catch you guys later today .