Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

kongisking

Finn said:
The systems have been announced, PS2 was not among them so it's highly unlikely.

So you'd be better off praying some wrath from Kali than miracle from Shiva...

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :mad: (n) :dead:

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :mad: (n) :dead:
The system is nearly ten years old, so it's really stretching the limits of its lifespan. While you might be mad (or more likely, don't have the funds to get a more modern console) it really isn't too unreasonable for the devs to drop it out of the development queue.

Hans

RocketSledFight said:
How so? \
flawless.
Just re-release the thing with Lego Indy 2.

The fate of atlantis was a game that was realased before i was born what is so goog about it?:cool:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
The system is nearly ten years old, so it's really stretching the limits of its lifespan. While you might be mad (or more likely, don't have the funds to get a more modern console) it really isn't too unreasonable for the devs to drop it out of the development queue.

Even so, you'll probably find in this economic climate, most households would have a PS2, and in terms of making money, they would be missing out if they didn't release a PS2 version. A lot of people can't afford a Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 (including myself). The good news is my bro has a DS so at least we're not completely missing out.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hans said:
The fate of atlantis was a game that was realased before i was born what is so goog about it?:cool:

A superb story containing many of the essential elements of an Indiana Jones adventure, colorful and memorable characters among them, including one of the best of all the Indy girls, Sophia Hapgood. It has a variety of locales, including New York City, Guatemala, the Azores, Iceland, Algiera, Monte Carlo, Crete, Thera, and Atlantis itself, all well integrated into the gameplay and the story without the sort of "find the different pieces of this" that we get so poorly in Emperor's Tomb. The mythology goes toe to toe with that presented in the films, and indeed, is probably even better fleshed out, due to more time available to do so. Apart from the four films (and some would argue even more than some of them), it is the title most deserving of the Indiana Jones name.

Oh, and make sure it's not the action version. That one sucks.

Finn

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
Even so, you'll probably find in this economic climate, most households would have a PS2, and in terms of making money, they would be missing out if they didn't release a PS2 version. A lot of people can't afford a Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 (including myself). The good news is my bro has a DS so at least we're not completely missing out.
I hear ya. And to be honest, for a game that's kind of labeled "for kiddies", it does seem kind of weird that there's no past-gen version.

Then again, developing one is going to cost extra too since they can't just do it port it from the current-gen ones due to lower system specs. Perhaps they estimated that the whatever profits a PS2 version might bring doesn't cover the expenses?

kongisking

Finn said:

Yeah, I know...but it's still really frustrating and unfair, all the same. (n)

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
Yeah, I know...but it's still really frustrating and unfair, all the same. (n)
Frustrating, no doubt. Unfair? Not so. I don't think they decided to drop the past-gen simply to smite you and your like.

lao che & sons

None of the things in the picture with dovechenko and indy are from the video game. In fact dovchenko is from the characters page on the lego indiana jones website and Indy is from the home page of lego indiana jones. The background is also from riverchase lego set. So this was just some fine work on photo shop and that's all.

RedeemedChild

Finn said:
I hear ya. And to be honest, for a game that's kind of labeled "for kiddies", it does seem kind of weird that there's no past-gen version.

Then again, developing one is going to cost extra too since they can't just do it port it from the current-gen ones due to lower system specs. Perhaps they estimated that the whatever profits a PS2 version might bring doesn't cover the expenses?

You guys are on to something here. I've been wondering the same thing. But I do think that Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is on the PS2 is it not? And if it is then maybe that means that LEGO Indy 2 will also be on the PS2.

Finn

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
But I do think that Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is on the PS2 is it not? And if it is then maybe that means that LEGO Indy 2 will also be on the PS2.
The development of SoK began in 2005 (when PS2 was still a "current-gen" console). Besides, the PS2 version of SoK was announced from the boot, it didn't come "as a surprise".

Besides, seriously. None of you can't be serious with logic "if game X came out for a certain console, hopefully it's a sign that game Y will too". If you are, then I'll be out waiting at the gates to reality.

indyj0nes

lao che & sons said:
None of the things in the picture with dovechenko and indy are from the video game. In fact dovchenko is from the characters page on the lego indiana jones website and Indy is from the home page of lego indiana jones. The background is also from riverchase lego set. So this was just some fine work on photo shop and that's all.
sorry:eek: ,lol!!!

indyj0nes

im suprised that there not relesing a ps2 version since the last one went platinum. you would think all the people who bought the last game on the ps2(and helped it go platinum) would want the sequel.

Nesmrtelnost

I think the lack of PS2 version for the upcoming lego Indiana sequel is very interesting. As simple as it is, they will not release a PS2 version because it will be too expensive; how so? Simply because new games are developed on new-gen (Xbox 360 and PS3). If they develop a game for these consoles, they will use all the possibilities they offer (vast level, brand new gameplay, etc...). The first game was almost the same on each console, thus it was not that expensive to adapt the game according to each console. If they do not do that this time, it means that developers cannot do that anymore; why? the game is prolly impossible to adapt on an old console like the PS2. When they cannot adapt directly, they have to think again the whole game to fit with the targeted console (as for example, the DS and PSP games are absolutely different from their xbox 360 and PS3 equivalents). I am not saying that the upcoming lego Indiana Jones is gonna be a chef d'oeuvre, but it will, for sure, be different from the first one. In short, developers are gonna give us a next gen game, that's all.
Do not forget, the PS2 is bound to die...

kongisking

Finn said:
Frustrating, no doubt. Unfair? Not so. I don't think they decided to drop the past-gen simply to smite you and your like.

Unfair doesn't have to mean it's personal. Doesn't it? :confused:

Ska

"Next gen" systems have been out for 3-4 years now. I'm surprised they're still making games for the older systems at all.

By not making games for the "last gen" consoles, it allows game companies to focus all their attention/staff on making the best possible game. I'm all for that.

Morning Bell

I'm kind of surprised that PS2 version isn't in the works, yet again the PS2 has been going for so long that they're bound to start phasing it out sooner or later.

Finn

Staff member
From the manufacturer's point of view is not just good if you sell a lot of games. You'll also have to sell those game systems. If you keep up too good support for past-gen technology, it shows directly in the current-gen's (X360 and PS3 are not exactly "next-gen" anymore) sales numbers.

It's fairly linear train of thought. LEGO Indy 1 was a hit on PS2 so the sequel would probably sell quite nicely too. But if the sequel is not coming out for it, this hopefully equals more sold PS3's.

From a consumer's point of view this might sound unpleasant, but it's not really. It's an unnecessary evil on gaining profits so that the technology can keep rolling onwards. People don't just stop using old tech, it has to be forced out of use. Before one of you says "why does it have to be that way, I'm still quite sated with my..." I encourage you to look back more than just one generation. If they didn't do this, the 8-bit NES would still probably be the staple console. Don't tell me that is what you prefer.