Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

The Tingler

If a Lego Indy 3 happens based on the next movie, that won't be until at least 2012, so I think they can safely do a Complete Adventures thing by then. With improved graphics for the Xbox 720/PS4 crowd. Although the Wii version will still be much the same.

RedeemedChild

fixer79 said:
Exactly! That would be GREAT! Of course, it's veeeeery unlikely.
Sadly, only few people have read the books or seen the show. Even less of those are kids (still LEGO's prime target audience).
So I'd give a LEGO game like that seeing the light o' day a probability of 3%.

A good sign would be if they ever make a LEGO STAR WARS III game, based on expanded universe storylines, like books, comics and the Clone Wars TV shows. That's much more likely. Kids -after all- will buy anything with the Star Wars label on.
Sadly, our Indy hasn't the same luck.
Darn kids...

Star Wars is just amazing. It has the same charm and power over audiences that JRR Tolkiens realms and stuff like Warcraft has over the minds of people. I really like Star Wars The Clone Wars BTW and I know there will be LEGO game based off of the show at some point.

The Tingler

SS Indy said:
Perhaps this is old news, sorry if it is. :p
You can pre-order the game on several UK sites now, release is in November, and best of all (in my opinion anyway) a PS2 version is also coming! (y)

Sorry SS Indy, didn't see this first time.

A PS2 version is not confirmed, and neither is the release date. It is very possible that these pre-order sites have simply redone all the platforms for the original Lego Indy and guessed at a release date.

Frankly it surprised me that a PS2 isn't included in the list, so these sites are probably just assuming the platforms.

SS Indy

I also doubt that a PS2 release is actually coming out, but it would be great if it did. :)

Also noticed that the release dates are not the same everywhere, but at least it's all in November.
Play.com has the following dates:

PS2, Wii, XBox 360, PS3, DS, PC - 20th
PSP - 27th

Amazon UK has all versions for November 1st, except the Wii version, October 1st.

Morning Bell

I'm surprised that a PS2 version hasn't been announced yet, although that may change before November. Considering that they released SoK on PS2 I would think that LEGO Indy would get the same treatment.

michael

This game is great news!

Hopefully they make the customizable levels available online, would be sweet to play somebody's level, and figure it out!

I'm really interested in how they handle the original 3 movies again, there are certain levels that could easily take over for a previous level.

The Shanghai Chase (as previously stated), maybe even the Slalom on Mt. Humol, that could be sick.

Not sure how they will tackle Raiders, I mean, the version is almost perfect, they even had to expand on the Nepal area, just to make 6.

Last Crusade could easily have the Young Indy level, but much bigger, and actually part of the quest. And of course the airplane fight! I remember playing Last Crusade and being like, oh man, here we go...(in anticipation of fighting the other airplanes) but only to land and do the level that way, which was still really good.

Either way, I will get this game.

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, any vehicle sequences in which the characters stay in the vehicle, such as the dogfight from LC and the chase in Shanghai are basically locks. I'm sure they'll be using the technology/format from Lego Batman.

michael

Another thought...

Would be nice if they combined the Young Indy sequence & did the transition from Young Indy to Indy on Coronado's boat, and then proceed to play that sequence (all being 1 level though).

James

michael said:
Indy on Coronado's boat

Yeah, I missed that one in both Lego Indy and the SNES' Greatest Adventures. I believe it's only been included in the NES version of Last Crusade. (And even then, only in the Taito version.)

For some reason, there's just never been much love for Indy on that boat. :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
James said:
Yeah, I missed that one in both Lego Indy and the SNES' Greatest Adventures. I believe it's only been included in the NES version of Last Crusade. (And even then, only in the Taito version.)

For some reason, there's just never been much love for Indy on that boat. :D

Yeah. And I'm pretty that makes it the only scene from the films that really doesn't appear at all in the Lego rendition.

(There's a case to be made for a couple of bits in the trek to Pankot, namely the campfire setting and the statue with the bloodied fingers.)

Actually, this is an interesting question: were there any scenes that were in no way referenced in the Lego game? And do we think they might appear in the new one?

Edited to add: of course, the non-inclusion of the Coronado gave us that strange prologue with Henry Jones being captured in Venice while working on the Grial Diary.

muttjones

since there is going to be indiana jones 5 wouldnt it make sense to wait until that comes out and then have it with the rest of the game? i'm gonna be a bit tired of playing it if they decide to make a 3rd game :eek:

AnImaginaryBoy

Well, just to be an old pessimist who can't spell properly, Indiana Jones 5 isn't garunteed to be actually being made, so they should bring out the new game, and cross that bridge when they come to it!

Morning Bell

muttjones said:
since there is going to be indiana jones 5 wouldnt it make sense to wait until that comes out and then have it with the rest of the game? i'm gonna be a bit tired of playing it if they decide to make a 3rd game :eek:

If Indy V does happen then I would rather have them release another realistic Indy game to coincide with it (similar to how SoK was supposed to come out around the time of KOTCS). I'm looking forward to the new LEGO game but after that I'd like to see them focus on another classic Indy adventure.

indyj0nes

on play.com theres an advert down the side about a lego sale there having. on the advert theres a pic of dovchenco seemingly from the new lego indy game. theres also a new pic of indy to!!!!!! yay. (ive been trying to post the pic from my camera but it wont let me).:mad:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
indyj0nes said:
on play.com theres an advert down the side about a lego sale there having. on the advert theres a pic of dovchenco seemingly from the new lego indy game. theres also a new pic of indy to!!!!!! yay. (ive been trying to post the pic from my camera but it wont let me).:mad:

Upload the picture to imageshack.com or something.

Also, tell us the exact link. Where at play.com did you see the ad?

Edit: Never mind all that. Here it is.

222062_GBP.gif

Finn

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
Yeah. And I'm pretty that makes it the only scene from the films that really doesn't appear at all in the Lego rendition.
Perhaps it was left out because the devs couldn't figure out how to insert a second player character into that scene without technically pulling one out of their places of low sunlight.

...and if that IS the reason, it's also highly unlikely that it'll appear in the second installment either.

indyj0nes

Attila the Professor said:
Upload the picture to imageshack.com or something.

Also, tell us the exact link. Where at play.com did you see the ad?

Edit: Never mind all that. Here it is.

222062_GBP.gif
thanks for the help(y) (y) (y)

this game is going to be great, I wonder if there will be online co op though.

Last edited by a moderator:

kongisking

Does anyone know if this game will be available for PlayStation 2? It's the only system I have, and I already have the first LEGO Indy for this platform. It would just plain be cruel if TT neglected to make a version for guys like me who don't have the time or desire to get one of these spiffy next-gen consoles!:mad: :mad: :mad:

In the meantime, I'll keep praying to Shiva for a PS2 version to fall out of a crashing airplane...

Finn

Staff member
The systems have been announced, PS2 was not among them so it's highly unlikely.

So you'd be better off praying some wrath from Kali than miracle from Shiva...