The Indy Cast

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 117 is here!

This week we catch up with the guys behind Indy in the Classroom, Mitch is back with his Holiday gift guide plus more of your great emails! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode at here!

DoomTown

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 117 is here!

This week we catch up with the guys behind Indy in the Classroom, Mitch is back with his Holiday gift guide plus more of your great emails! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode at here!

Trivia...WHERE ARE YOU??? :confused:

Stoo

DoomTown said:
Trivia...WHERE ARE YOU??? :confused:
That's too bad because Pat's trivia segment is the main reason I listen.:(

Re: Episode 116, 3rd Anniversary Show.
@Rob: Much better job, Rob! (It was either Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher who once said that George Lucas has only 2 directional cues: "Faster" & "more intense".) Good improvement on your segment.;)

@Mitchell Hallock: You proposed trying to get an interview with Vic Tablian. Do you think he'd agree to an interview if he knew you were making fun of his name and associating him with the Taliban?(n)

Plus, Sharkey was right. It would've been interesting to hear about Laird meeting up with Pat.

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sorry I missed again, my output has slowed on all fronts. It's as though I'm the recipient of the Frank Drebin Curse...I'll be back. :hat:

Great to hear from you again bro! (y)

No worries, we're holding down the trivia fort over on the Brotherhood Facebook page. Btw, IndyCast listeners...if you miss trivia on the off weeks - you've gotta try harder to beat the Brothers. The Facebook page is where you can find hiatus trivia. Hint...we just paid a visit to Mutt's house! :p

Stoo said:
That's too bad because Pat's trivia segment is the main reason I listen.:(

Re: Episode 116, 3rd Anniversary Show.
@Rob: Much better job, Rob! (It was either Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher who once said that George Lucas has only 2 directional cues: "Faster" & "more intense".) Good improvement on your segment.;)

@Mitchell Hallock: You proposed trying to get an interview with Vic Tablian. Do you think he'd agree to an interview if he knew you were making fun of his name and associating him with the Taliban?(n)

Plus, Sharkey was right. It would've been interesting to hear about Laird meeting up with Pat.

Thanks, Stoo. I'm glad...I'm moving...faster...for you now. :D
I know my segment isn't as sharp this week, I was losing my voice while recording and had to do quite a bit of editing and re-recording in the short recording window that I had available this weekend.

In Mitch's defense re: Tablian, that started out with an accidental mispronunciation by one of us (I can't remember who off of the top of my head) when we mentioned him - he didn't go out of his way to make a Taliban joke with Mr. Tablian's name.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sorry I missed again, my output has slowed on all fronts. It's as though I'm the recipient of the Frank Drebin Curse...I'll be back. :hat:

We're all looking forward to the next trivia segment, Pat! You've been missed!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Thanks Rob for playing Perry Mason for me. I went back and listened and you're right there is a chatter around Vic's name, I said it, or Ed the lapse in Skype is a treat. I was trying to remember Vics name, plus I think Laird is thinking Vic Armstrong when he said he was on Indyfans not Tablian. The roundtable was meant to be a bunch of friends having a good time talking indiana jones and to entertain. In no way was I trying to infer any nefarious ideas upon Mr Tablian, just throwing it out there. When Ed said we had listeners in Afghanistan the Taliban joke was too easy to skip. So if anyone thought it was a nasty remark I apologize. It was a quick joke off the top of my head not a thought out series of insults and meanspirited comments.

indycast

Mitchellhallock said:
Thanks Rob for playing Perry Mason for me. I went back and listened and you're right there is a chatter around Vic's name, I said it, or Ed the lapse in Skype is a treat. I was trying to remember Vics name, plus I think Laird is thinking Vic Armstrong when he said he was on Indyfans not Tablian. The roundtable was meant to be a bunch of friends having a good time talking indiana jones and to entertain. In no way was I trying to infer any nefarious ideas upon Mr Tablian, just throwing it out there. When Ed said we had listeners in Afghanistan the Taliban joke was too easy to skip. So if anyone thought it was a nasty remark I apologize. It was a quick joke off the top of my head not a thought out series of insults and meanspirited comments.

Improv is part of the fun of the live round tables - but apologies to anyone we may have offended! And yes, its great to back from Pat - looking forward to some fun episodes before we take a break for Christmas/New Year!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:

You probably won't find trivia inspiration among Wikileaks documents, Rocket, and with another quarter million of them due to be published, you best stop reading them now! :p

Montana Smith said:
You probably won't find trivia inspiration among Wikileaks documents, Rocket, and with another quarter million of them due to be published, you best stop reading them now! :p
Not even if our European sections intercepted a Nazi communique from Cairo to Berlin?

Thanks Stoo, Harv, Rob...I appreciate the comments. One last impossibly difficult Young Indy question is on deck, (don't wory harv, you should be equiped to handle it) and a nice fan challenge from Chris A in the UK.:hat:

Stoo:not the one we discussed...

Last edited:

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Not even if our European sections intercepted a Nazi communique from Cairo to Berlin?

Thanks Stoo, Harv, Rob...I appreciate the comments. One last impossibly difficult Young Indy question is on deck, (don't wory harv, you should be equiped to handle it) and a nice fan challenge from Chris A in the UK.:hat:

Stoo:not the one we discussed...

Again, we see Pat, there is no question you can possess that I cannot answer. Um, unless it's about perfume. :confused:

And...I think there might be a Brotherhood question on deck, no? ;)

DoomTown

harvey7297 said:
Again, we see Pat, there is no question you can possess that I cannot answer.

Too bad the Raveners don't know you the way I do, Stuber. I DID get in first with Pedros hiatus question this week...;)

harvey

DoomTown said:
Too bad the Raveners don't know you the way I do, Stuber. I DID get in first with Pedros hiatus question this week...;)

Yes, too bad. You could WARN them...if only you spoke Ravenos. Hakama matuso nobata!

Oh, and I STILL think my interpretation was correct. :p

lairdo

Mitchellhallock said:
I think Laird is thinking Vic Armstrong when he said he was on Indyfans not Tablian.

Yes, I completely realized I screwed that up when listening to the holiday gift guide. Sorry Vics and Brandon K.!

Loved the interview with Tom and Wes. That was great to hear about in more detail.