The Indy Cast

DoomTown

Stoo, I think you should absolutely send something in! As you know there are SO many things that can be covered as far as Young Indy goes; a WEALTH of material...Would love discussions on some of the episodes and bookends.

Mitch, great job on the interviews! (y) I DO have one teeny tiny piece of advice...PLEASE let the person being interviewed finish their thought before you finish it for them...

Rob, nice to have you back; looking forward to hearing the finished product on the newest radio drama!

lairdo

Stoo, just let me know anytime on the YI stuff if you want my input. Run with your passion though - that makes for the best segments.

Ron - thanks as always for the props. I just enjoy hanging out with all of you.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Sorry indycast fans. Just heard back from Ms Karen Allen and she will not be appearing at the Megafest show in MA because she will be filming a movie in Europe. I had hoped on interviewing her for the shows 3rd anniversary podcast. Oh well.

DoomTown

Mitchellhallock said:
Sorry indycast fans. Just heard back from Ms Karen Allen and she will not be appearing at the Megafest show in MA because she will be filming a movie in Europe. I had hoped on interviewing her for the shows 3rd anniversary podcast. Oh well.

Sad...Would be ok if she missed it because she was filming Indy 5 though...;)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Mitch, great job on the interviews! (y) I DO have one teeny tiny piece of advice...PLEASE let the person being interviewed finish their thought before you finish it for them...

Rob, nice to have you back; looking forward to hearing the finished product on the newest radio drama![/QUOTE]

I know it's a bad habit I have and you aren't the first to tell me that. It's the radar o Reilly in me.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Thanks for tge compliment. And I am buying a better mic. My iPhone recorded things better at the start of the Darabont interview than my handheld digital which suffered in the Robot Chicken interview.

indycast

In this special episode of the IndyCast, Young Indy's Laird Malamed and Ron the Reviewer take another look at the magic of composer John Williams! If Adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! (In Stereo)

You can listen to the episode here!

Thanks to Laird and Ron for all their hard work on this episode!

lairdo

I should also point out why the voice quality was different between Ron and me. We had tried to set up Skype, but we had a computer issue and that meant one of us on the phone. Next time - it will sound clean across both of us.

We're also taking suggestions of other JW music people would like to hear highlighted.

Laird

DoomTown

REALLY liked the brass band piece...I know I can pop the cd in and listen to it whenever I want, but I would love to hear Temple of Dooms "Slave children Crusade" on a further edition. Besides the "Raiders March", for me, it's one of the best pieces of the films...

InexorableTash

Hey Lairdo -

I noticed a rather... familiar theme in the "Prologue" from Hook selected for the John Williams special. Without being too leading, do you happen to recall if it was it possibly used as one of the temp tracks for a particular Young Indy episode?

(I realize this is relying on nearly 20-year-old memories, but it's worth a shot.)

harvey

I finally finished last week?s IndyCast, just in time for Episode 115. So, ?without further ado?? :D
My review of - IndyCast: John Williams Special #2

**** (out of 5)

With the dearth of Indy news, no imminent announcement of Indy 5 and the IndyCast posting semimonthly, Indy fans looking to get their podcast on can thank their fellow fans for filling in the gaps. We have the pitch perfect radio dramas to look forward to and now comes another magnificent musical memoir of the maestro, John Williams.

Once again, a bang up job by the team of Ron and Laird, who continue to prove they are greater than the sum of their parts. Complementing each other?s knowledge of Indy?s orchestral adventures, they?ve now expanded the tribute to include Williams? other works of note (pun intended) such as Hook, Harry Potter and The Empire Strikes Back, which was indeed shot before E.T. Hey, even the most seasoned Williams fan can get lost in his massive output from the 80?s, right?

At first, I thought these tributes might be just basic reviews of some of the themes and tracks we?ve all been accustomed to. But Ron and Laird (should we just start calling them ?Raird? right now?) take it to the next level by introducing little-known trivia, personal insights from Laird?s history with LucasFilm?and even some rare cuts from gems like the Denver Brass version of the Raiders Theme and a Disney-fied remix of Indy?s assorted adventures.

All in all, much like the IndyCast itself, it?s great fun and a great listen. I can?t wait to hear what they have in store for their next session. If I may make some suggestions, a little trip to the 70?s might be in order. Disasters with The Towering Inferno and Earthquake? Mountain Climbing with Clint Eastwood in The Eiger Sanction? Or how about some SERIOUS 60?s space travel with the Robinson family in Lost In Space?

Regardless of what tunes they spin, I?ll be listening.

ronthereviewer

Thanks!!! You are correct I got lost in the 80's ( a great place to be) knowing Empire was first before ET, it was funny when I heard it on the rough play I could not beleive I made that mistake on the tribute when I know it, but we could not cut it out. Also great suggestions we will look into them for the next go around..............................................

harvey7297 said:
I finally finished last week?s IndyCast, just in time for Episode 115. So, ?without further ado?? :D
My review of - IndyCast: John Williams Special #2

**** (out of 5)

With the dearth of Indy news, no imminent announcement of Indy 5 and the IndyCast posting semimonthly, Indy fans looking to get their podcast on can thank their fellow fans for filling in the gaps. We have the pitch perfect radio dramas to look forward to and now comes another magnificent musical memoir of the maestro, John Williams.

Once again, a bang up job by the team of Ron and Laird, who continue to prove they are greater than the sum of their parts. Complementing each other?s knowledge of Indy?s orchestral adventures, they?ve now expanded the tribute to include Williams? other works of note (pun intended) such as Hook, Harry Potter and The Empire Strikes Back, which was indeed shot before E.T. Hey, even the most seasoned Williams fan can get lost in his massive output from the 80?s, right?

At first, I thought these tributes might be just basic reviews of some of the themes and tracks we?ve all been accustomed to. But Ron and Laird (should we just start calling them ?Raird? right now?) take it to the next level by introducing little-known trivia, personal insights from Laird?s history with LucasFilm?and even some rare cuts from gems like the Denver Brass version of the Raiders Theme and a Disney-fied remix of Indy?s assorted adventures.

All in all, much like the IndyCast itself, it?s great fun and a great listen. I can?t wait to hear what they have in store for their next session. If I may make some suggestions, a little trip to the 70?s might be in order. Disasters with The Towering Inferno and Earthquake? Mountain Climbing with Clint Eastwood in The Eiger Sanction? Or how about some SERIOUS 60?s space travel with the Robinson family in Lost In Space?

Regardless of what tunes they spin, I?ll be listening.

indycast

Sorry for the delay - but Episode 115 is here! This week we catch up with the cast and crew of the epic fan film Indiana James, Indy flirts briefly with 3D, wrap up the making of Temple of Doom, we answer some listener questions and have some of your great Indy tales! If Adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

You can listen to it here

Stoo

Episode #115 answers a long-burning question of mine! Back in the day, I saw the documentary which featured the segment about the hand-painted animation of Indy's flailing legs while he hangs onto the rope bridge against the cliffside. Sadly, I didn't record it and have since forgotten which show it was on. (After asking a few times here at The Raven, no one ever replied.) Thanks to Pat, my question has FINALLY been answered. It was on PBS's "Nova" from '84!

THANK YOU, PAT!(y):hat: I want this so badly...

@Ron the Reviewer: I've seen "Burnt Offerings" and it scared me as a kid but what does it have to do with Indy?:confused:

@Rob & Keith: Looking forward to the next radio drama...

@Ed: Both seasons' themes from "Land of the Giants" are, without a doubt, my FAVOURITE pieces by Johnny Williams.(y)

P.S. Thanks, Junior Jones (Phil), DoomTown (Keith), Rob & Laird for the encouragement about submitting a test Young Indy segment. Something is cooking...

Last edited:

DoomTown

Stoo said:
Episode #115 answers a long-burning question of mine! Back in the day, I saw the documentary which featured the segment about the hand-painted animation of Indy's flailing legs while he hangs onto the rope bridge against the cliffside. Sadly, I didn't record it and have since forgotten which show it was on...

@Rob & Keith: Looking forward to the next radio drama...

P.S. Thanks, Junior Jones (Phil), DoomTown (Keith), Rob & Laird for the encouragement about submitting a test Young Indy segment. Something is cooking...

Stoo, ME TOO!!! I remember seeing that show (or that sement of the show,the flailing Indy legs as the rocks fall beneath him) when I was a kid...That exact moment was stuck in my mind, and I have been on the hunt for it also for a number of years...I also thank you Pat!!!:hat:

The Radio Drama is on its way, we hope everyone enjoys it...I just started writing part 2...

We always love to encourage new additions to the Indy-Cast, especially someone with your knowledge of all things Young Indy! Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, and would be glad to help you out with anything you need...:hat: