Anyone here seen a ghost?

JediIndy

Personally I love ghost stories. Especially sharing around the campfire around summertime. Does anyone have any personal experiences in seeing a ghost or read any famous ghost stories. I would love to hear them.

The only Ghost I could have seen and other people around me have verified was when I was in Victoria B.C columbia and I visited Craigdorrach Castle. A house of a very wealthy coal baron here in Canada. And I swear when I was walking around the house I could feel someone watching me in diffrent rooms and I was completley alone. A tour lady opened up a closet and I swear to god i felt someone in there looking at me. A couple of months later I read a book about Ghosts saying many workers over the years of seen ghost and also felt a malevolent presence there of people watching them and they are not very nice. The house used to be a hospital in World war 2 and many patients from the war died in there. Many other's died of some pestilence in the 20's.

Does anyone else know of Ghosts in there area or have any personal experience with the dead?:eek: :eek:

Indy Parise

ClintonHammond said:
"Anyone here seen a ghost?"
No one has because there's no such thing....

Actually, there has been some scientific evidence to prove that there are, maybe not ghosts, but a possible radiation-like prescence left by a deceased person which could cause the effects most feel from "ghost activity."

Domino40

My grandparents lived in rural WV..actually up a road that was once an old creek bed (now THAT'S rural!)
My grandfather was a coal miner and my grandmother was a homemaker. I called her Nanny. My Nanny would tells us kids things that to this day scare the wits out of me. I was too small to remember if I experienced any of these things for real, but here are some things she said happened while I was visiting her.
*I was just a baby when my Nannys dad passed away. We were staying with her at her house as they had wakes then at the nearest relatives place. She said that night, she heard a noise. She woke up and sat up in bed. Her bedroom door opened and in walked 6 pallbearers carrying my great grandfathers casket. They calmly walked over and placed his coffin right beside where she sat in bed. They lifted the lid to reveal him, and then they all disappeared. That's why I'm all for having memorials in a Funeral Home!

*As I said my grandfather was a coal miner. Every day at 4pm, he would come through the back door, let the screen door slam, walk down the hallway and sit on the couch while my Nanny finished up with dinner. My brother used to stay with our grandparents often, and the week or so after grandpa died, my brother said he heard the screen door open at 4, he heard footsteps come down the hall, stop right beside him and then he felt the cold. He said he got up and ran outside and refused to come back inside. I can't say that I blame him.

*My mother (when she was a young girl) said one rainy night, she was sitting on the couch reading a book. There was a large picture window that faced the front of the house and that's where the couch was situated. She said she heard scratching outside, and ignored it at first...thought it might be the wind from the storm. The scratching seemed to intensify, so she pulled back the curtains to see a life-sized glowing angel with beautiful white wings and a white robe looking at her. I asked her what the angels' expression was, and she said neutral. It was scratching on the window as if it wanted to come in. My grandmother ran to the window, closed the curtains and they ran into the bedroom. The next day, there was a mine emergency and several men from the mine were killed....
All these stories happened in the same house, but I also have a bunch of stories from my uncle who swears on his grave that he saw the infamous MOTH MAN of Point Pleasant, WV!

I have hundreds of stories like this that my family told me for years. Maybe explains why I'm not right to this day!
Anyway, I'm a HUGE Halloween fan, (my way of dealing with it I guess) and I LOVE any ghost story. I hope this thread keeps growing.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Domino40 said:
my uncle who swears on his grave that he saw the infamous MOTH MAN of Point Pleasant, WV!
I heard a firsthand Moth Man account from a college girl who attended back there in Moth Man territory. The usual sighting and phone call preceding an accident, all before the movie came out. She sounded humble and genuine. I told her to document her story with the Moth people, whoever they are, so people like readers of this thread don't have to hear about it second-hand. Interesting stuff.

Gotro

temple of john said:
Yeah...listen, I'll PM you my address and if you could send me some of that **** your smokin', I would appreciate it. ;)

I took up my firearm and fired it into the air. I was amazed for it was not lead that escaped from the barrel, no, it was satan himself. One horn silver, one gold. He dug his left horn into the ground sprouting wild roses as far as the eye could see. With a flick of his neck he dipped his right horn into the ocean and all water imediately turned to flame. Then God spake unto the devil. The roses lift up and enthrall the foul demon and cast him in the fire. I aimed my weapon at the father of lies, pulling back the hammer. I fired. A flood spouted from the end and swept the monster's eyes out. They turned to locousts and flew in to sun.

:confused:

I saw a ghost in a dark rainy afternoon: I was play with my favourite videogame and I wasn't able to go on, so I pressed a lot of button on the keyboard and suddenly Indy, with a toarch and a sheet, scared Alain Trottier and he ran away from the hotel appartment...don't you believe me, so you've never played FoA:whip: :) :whip:

Domino40

Moedred said:
I heard a firsthand Moth Man account from a college girl who attended back there in Moth Man territory. The usual sighting and phone call preceding an accident, all before the movie came out. She sounded humble and genuine. I told her to document her story with the Moth people, whoever they are, so people like readers of this thread don't have to hear about it second-hand.

Your post is somewhat confusing. Are you trying to insinuate that you don't believe my story(s)? Are you trying to imply that I did not sound genuine or humble in my retelling of the yarn? I'm afraid, dear poster, that I genuinely will not concern myself either way with whether you believe me or not. If you find this topic tedious and absurd, I suggest you read elsewhere. For the record, my accounts occured over 30 years ago..before you were born.

Paden

Domino40 said:
Are you trying to insinuate that you don't believe my story(s)? Are you trying to imply that I did not sound genuine or humble in my retelling of the yarn? I'm afraid, dear poster, that I genuinely will not concern myself either way with whether you believe me or not. If you find this topic tedious and absurd, I suggest you read elsewhere. For the record, my accounts occured over 30 years ago..before you were born.
*Shakes head. Eases down behind the bar. Waits for the joint to get torn up one more time.* ;)

I'm still waiting to see this so-called scientific evidence....

.... cause if you have evidence, James Randi has a million bucks with your name on it....

I don't imagine he's worried

roundshort

There have been so waste of computer memory threads on t his site (I know I have stated most of them, but come on . . .

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Domino40 said:
Are you trying to insinuate that you don't believe my story(s)?
Are you trying to imply that I did not sound genuine or humble in my retelling of the yarn?
No, and no.
You've singled out one of the few sincere posters in this thread.

Gustav

My sister claims to have seen my grandfather's ghost the night after the day he died. I have also been to some of the most haunted places in the Estern united States and have neither seen nor heard nor felt anything that made me think it was a ghost. I would like to believe in ghosts, but I need some proof. I have heard some very convincing ghost stories in my time but I have a problem with trusting other people to keep their wits about them. For all I know these people could be getting dreams mixed up in reality or they could be panicking about something and let their imagination run rampant or they could just be making it up. The thought of death terrifies me because the possibility on my list that looks the most realistic is that I'm going to rot in the ground after I simply lose consciousness forever and eventually be completely forgotten. Oblivion.

I can say that I have seen a U.F.O before. That U stands for unidentified, as in I don't know what the hell it was, not extraterrestrial. I did get a very good, long look at it though and so did my brother. I'm not saying it wasn't extraterrestrial either. I just wish I had a camera with me. These days I don't go out to get the newspaper without my camera.

I love Halloween too.

indyt

I have not seen any ghosts but have been in an exorcism before. I certainly saw the evidence of the demons power, supernatural power. I saw things that a 15 year old girl could not humanly do. I truly believe if one does see a "ghost" it is acutally a demon masqueradeing as one. I know I will get heat for my comments but I am a chrisitan and I am not going to lie. These are things I honestly witnessed.

Johan

I have seen a demon. In fact a few dozen people saw him. He was in the appearance of a man. How do we know he was a demon? Well he was 9+ feet tall and living in a small town no one has seen him before. He came into our church and stood at the back like he was guarding the door. He had his arms crossed and his eyes were rolled into the back of his head, his arms were like pythons..very large. And we do what we alway's did/do in the presence of a demon...we pray him out. And it worked as it always did/does.

And yes I believe ghosts are demons.