Anyone here seen a ghost?

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
Ya... right... sure....

And I'm the King Of Old Siam

I wouldn't have expected any less of a comment from you CH...you never cease to dissapoint.

It's just as realistic....

If I came here trying to claim I could close my eyes and levitate 2 feet straight up off this Yoga Ball I'm sitting on, everyone here worth their salt would want to see verified, irrefutable PROOF (At least I HOPE they would)

Do some people THINK they see ghosts? Abso-fkn-lootly.... But some people also think they are ducks.... or think they are Napoleon.... Or think that Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK....

Just because they WANT to believe it, don't make it real

Cripes.... I WANT to believe too... It'd be a MUCH more interesting world if there were Ghosts, and goblins, and Santa Clause, and Lock Ness Monster.... If Area 51 really was reverse engineering alien technology.... if there was some place to go, and something to do after death..... what a wonderful world THAT'D be....

But it's not..... instead we live in the REAL world, where willing ignorance and self delusion abound.....

Last edited:

EvilDevo

When I was younger I found an old tombstone leaning against the side of a building across the street from a graveyard. Being foolish and not taking into consideration things like respect, decency and the fact it was probably there for repairs or cleaning or... something, I thought "AWESOME! A tombstone would look cool in my room!" ... so I put it in the trunk of my car and took it home.

That night I had a dream:

I woke up (thinking I was actually awake) to see a pale, transparent figure that was barely visible watching me from a dark corner in my room. Scared, I quickly sat up in bed to see what it was but couldn't find anything. (Keep in mind I thought I was awake at this point) I took a couple deep breaths, threw my blankets off, and ran across my room to my light switch. I hit the switch but the lights did not turn on. My heart started pounding... and I turned to look at where I had seen the figure, but instead found him standing face to face with me. Then the old, decayed, ghostly fellow screamed and put his arms into my chest, and it felt as though he was squeezing my heart. At this point I woke up for real gasping for breath.

The next night I took the tombstone back to exactly where I had found it.

Was this just a dream? Or something else influencing my subconscious thoughts? Probably just a dream... but still, very terrifying for me at the time.

(And before I get yelled at for doing something as awful as stealing a tombstone, please keep in mind I used to be an undead obsessive, gothic architecture loving angsty graveyard kid... but have grown up a lot since then. I just thought this story would be pretty cool for those of you who believe in ghosts)

Pale Horse

Staff member
EvilDevo said:
I woke up (thinking I was actually awake) to see a pale, transparent figure that was barely visible watching me from a dark corner in my room.

It wasn't me, I promise. I only watch from the dark corners of the Raven.

"The supernatural is real."
If you can prove it, James Randi has 1,000,000 bucks with your name on it....

Know why he sleeps so well at night? He knows NO ONE is ever going to be able to claim it.....

What a load...... *shakes head*

"The devil (appearing as The Goddess or Whom/Whatever)"
So, you're an agnostic too, just like me.... only I believe in one LESS "Ghawd" than you do......

In the immortal words of Melvin Udall... "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

Last edited:

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
...instead we live in the REAL world...

You kiddin me right? Fake looks, fake democracies, fake tans, fake id's, fake personalities, fake fantacies, fake plants. Our world is the least real thing that I can think of. I'd take Jesus being real over anything else there is in the world. Truth is not relative, its just fake when you think it is.

"I'd take Jesus being real over anything else there is in the world."

You're welcome to believe what you want to.... no one is arguing that in the least....

-I- however require proof before I believe something

That's just how I roll

Gear

I've seen loads of ghosts.
I've lived in four haunted houses.

Theres a pretty scary Oregon ghost story which I think originated from Lincoln City.

Theres a few variations to the story but it go's something like this:
Years ago there was a logger (If you've ever been to Lincoln City you'll know that the area is very woody) who was in a horrible accident with his chain saw while on the job. His body was ripped to shreds. Ever since his accident people have seen a "mummy creature" wondering the woods. It is all bloody and looks terrifying (well hey, its a bloody MUMMY!). It is said to eat animals such as pet cats that are left outside and supposedly it has murderd people. Some have escaped (or else there'd be no story) and others have gotten away with injuries.
People have actualy seen it! It's a mummy coverd in blood. It lives in the woods and is only seen at night.

Niteshade007

I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, poltergeists, or ghouls of any variety. My family, however, is convinced that we have stayed in a haunted train car.

While visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee, my dad reserved us a room on the famous Chattanooga Choo Choo. The train is now stationary and is now a hotel, with each car turned into a private room. Obviously the cars are old, and the power of suggestion might lead one to believe that someone's spirit might actually haunt these cars. Late into the night, my parents cell phones started beeping, that noise that they make when their batteries are dying. So of course, they go up and go to turn them off. But the batteries weren't dead at all. While I don't have an actual explanation for that, cell phones can be weird and certainly no cause for alarm. Later, all the lights turned on in the room. That could have been anything though. I mean, these things are old, and the electricity is probably faulty. It could have been a power surge or something, I don't know. I think ghost stories are interesting, and I love going on ghost tours around old towns, but I don't honestly think that they exist. Of course, people experience things like this and automatically assume that ghosts must be at work. When really, most of this occurrences can be attributed to some other factor.

Gear

this is another Oregonian ghost legend from the town of Silverton that was told to me many times when I was little.

About a century ago, on Christmas eve, the local train was making its last holiday run of the night. The train was behind scedual with a load of passingers and the conducter was in a hurry. The train was speeding along the rails when at 1:00 in the morning they jumped the track and the train was derailed, killing many on board. Ever since, at every day, at 1:00 in the morning and 1:00 in the after noon you can hear the train whistle as its ghost passes by the very spot where it crashed years ago.

I have actualy heard the whistle my self- you have to be quite- but you can hear it.

indifan101

I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with this but back two years ago or even three can't remember the travel channel and the history channel had a program called the ghosts of Gettysburg where the show explained about certain events during Gettysburg and records of witnesses who reported they saw spirits of fallen soldiers either walking through the battlefield (now a cemetary) or even screams late at night but the visibility of no one being there. A famous individual who served during the Civil War John Burns who lived in rural Pennsylvania joined up and fought alongside the Union during the battle of Gettysburg. After the war was through he gave a record of him walking down a road which led to the memorial site of the field on a dreay and cloudy day. As he walked along the road he saw a man crouched down in a ready position or as if he was awaiting orders to move foward. He claimed the man was a soldier but not like that day's current uniform he was sutied up as a Confederate. The soldier then walked to the brush not making a sound and turned to Burns not saying a word. He then continued into the forest line and dissapeared in thin air. Burns terrified of what he had seen ran to strait to his house and then told neighboors of the site of the Confederate soldier. Most thought he was having a bad memory back from the battle and he was imagining things. But after the sighting of the soldier more people in the future claimed to have seen similar figures appearing in small towns, houses and even battlefields. Gettysburg today claims still to be haunted.

indifan101

Over the years since the battle, stories of scores of sightings, stranger than reality, have emerged from the quaint houses and gentle fields in and around the town of Gettysburg: Stories of sightings of these soldiers, moving again in battlelines, across the fields where they once marched. . . and died; tales of visions through a rip in time into the horrible scene of a Civil War hospital; whispers of a look at men long dead held eternally captive by duty. These apparitions -and more- come back to remind us, in one way or another that they are not to be forgotten for what they did here. . .

ghostsofgettysburg.com

arkfinder

There is no such a thing. Jesus says there is either Heaven or Hell. The people in Heaven can see the people in Hell and the other way around. The only middle ground is where we live. But, there is no other spirit relm.

Sorry to burst any bubbles.