Scholastic Junior Novelizations

triklops

attachments.php

Am concerned....

metalinvader

How do we know if this is the final cover?
They could also be doing multiple covers like they did with Episode 1...

I'll admit the cover is a bit distressing..

triklops

metalinvader said:
How do we know if this is the final cover?
They could also be doing multiple covers like they did with Episode 1...

I'll admit the cover is a bit distressing..
It's a book cover and that's even more concerning IMO. Not a teaser poster or sth to that nature.

Blue Jay

i am not worried at all.

This cover may not be final, nor offical!!! it will be one of many pictures that will appear in the future. Remember the "final" comic book cover with shia and the sword and knive, it was said that this wasn't the final book cover.
Wait and see.

Mostly book covers of a movie feature the offical poster...

I hope as well that Shia will only have a role like Shorty or Sallah or Henry Sen.

Question: Where was that picture published? Why has it been only published in Germany, yet?

Finn

Staff member
It's nowadays' trend to make multiple posters that showcase different characters of the film. When Ep III came out, I recall seeing one that featured Anakin, another showcasing Obi-Wan and a third one that had Mace Windu. Same for Pirates of the Caribbean, it's not Jack in all of them, but Will and Liz get some showcasing too.

Now people see one this kind promotional pic (edited into a comic cover) and they start getting cold sweat down their temples... get real.

oki9Sedo

Presumably they're doing multiple character posters- one for Mutt, one for Marion, Indy and whoever else. This is done for a lot of big movies (eg. The Golden Compass, X-Men: The Last Stand, POTC 3, LOTR)

I might add, triklops, that I think you already know this and are just trying to fuel the fire for the sake of it.

DaveTheHutt

I imagine there will be multiple covers - at least two, anyway - one to appeal to older fans (Ford) and one for the knicker wetters (La Beouf).

I also think we have to accept that Shia is going to get a fair amount of screentime, both alongside Indy and away from him.

Sorry, but the majority of filmgoers are young - especially those who go to see films multiple times and bump up the BO. They're not going to pay to see a 65-year-old man play action hero. There has to be a bit of young meat in there for them to identify with.

TBH, that doesn't concern me - in Raiders Marion had her moments, as did Short Round in Temple and Connery in Crusade, plus there was Sallah too. So long as Mutt's a fun character, I've no problems.

What does concern me is the number of sidekicks - in that last pic, we had Indy, Mutt, Mac, Marion (all the 'Ms'!) plus mystery man (my guess, Hurt's character)... giving them all something meaningful to do (rather than just stand around and provide exposition) will be a challenge!

Finn

Staff member
DaveTheHutt said:
What does concern me is the number of sidekicks - in that last pic, we had Indy, Mutt, Mac, Marion (all the 'Ms'!) plus mystery man (my guess, Hurt's character)... giving them all something meaningful to do (rather than just stand around and provide exposition) will be a challenge!
They've pulled it off before. Indy had four sidekicks in LC as well; Henry Sr, Elsa, Marcus and Sallah. Besides, it has been rumored that John Hurt appears only very late in the movie. For all we know, his part may not be much bigger than that of the Grail Knight.

oki9Sedo

DaveTheHutt said:
Sorry, but the majority of filmgoers are young - especially those who go to see films multiple times and bump up the BO. They're not going to pay to see a 65-year-old man play action hero.

I don't know, I'm 21 and am far more interested in seeing Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones again than in Mutt's character. There's plenty of teenagers and early twentysomethings who grew up with these movies out there.

triklops

oki9Sedo said:
Presumably they're doing multiple character posters- one for Mutt, one for Marion, Indy and whoever else. This is done for a lot of big movies (eg. The Golden Compass, X-Men: The Last Stand, POTC 3, LOTR)

I might add, triklops, that I think you already know this and are just trying to fuel the fire for the sake of it.

Yeah, whatever :sleep:

I hope you guys are right !!!!

Echo22

I agree. I'm thinking back to Attack of the clones where every time you'd click on the main page of the official site, there'd be a different character. Or the official soundtrack CD covers: Obi-Wan, Windu, Anakin, Padme and Jango Fett are all featured separately. It's kind of annoying, actually. It was very difficult to finally find a copy with the actual movie poster on it.

Tsar

Having the silhouette of Indy in the background behind Mutt makes me think this is not just one in a series of covers that highlights each character. I hope I'm wrong.

Stoo

Just saw that it was already being discussed in this thread:

"For everybody that is concerned that Shia may shine too bright in Indy 4"
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12389

Mods, feel free to delete this...or better yet, merge the other one here.
More appropriate subject headers are a good thing!:p

[moderator action]Threads have been merged.[/moderator action]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Sartorius

This is the junior novelization cover. It makes sense that the "mutt" character would be featured on the cover......Its still nauseating though.:sick:

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
They've pulled it off before. Indy had four sidekicks in LC as well; Henry Sr, Elsa, Marcus and Sallah. Besides, it has been rumored that John Hurt appears only very late in the movie. For all we know, his part may not be much bigger than that of the Grail Knight.

I find that unlikely....he said in an interview that he's "all in the second half", and the use of the word "all" implies that he does has at least a few scenes and has some importance.

Besides, he said he was filming for a number of weeks also.