IMDB Ranking

Indyisreal

Indy&HanFan said:
the KOTCS rating is pretty bad. i think it should be higher than that. i thought it was better than temple of doom.

Seriously, I think I have seen a different temple of doom. Although it was the worse (arguably) of the first 3, it is still a great Indiana movie. KOTCS is a joke. A lazy effort with a movie heading toward a different direction ( The mummy or Tomb Raider). The scripts, the roles ( or no roles for the matter) of the characters, the CGI, the monkeys, ants, waterfalls, and bomb, and Indiana trying to be funny all the time was failure. Despite of what many on this site say, the majority of people`s opinion on this movie that it was the worse one of them all.

I guess some people are willing to settle for less or are easily amused.

graz

Indyisreal said:
Seriously, I think I have seen a different temple of doom. Although it was the worse (arguably) of the first 3, it is still a great Indiana movie. KOTCS is a joke. A lazy effort with a movie heading toward a different direction ( The mummy or Tomb Raider). The scripts, the roles ( or no roles for the matter) of the characters, the CGI, the monkeys, ants, waterfalls, and bomb, and Indiana trying to be funny all the time was failure. Despite of what many on this site say, the majority of people`s opinion on this movie that it was the worse one of them all.

This sort of statement is daft really. I have rewatched TOD a couple of days ago and, while its alot of fun, it is still my least favourite. However, it doesn't make me RIGHT about it, it just means IN MY OPINION KOTCS is a more enjoyable movie - for me it just has more plot and I prefer the changing locales etc.

My 7 year old daughter LOVES TOD, because it is a string of comedy sketches and action scenes in quick succession so she doesn't get bored.

The point is, people ARE allowed to have different tastes.

BTW These internet polls represent a small section of slightly anal geeks like us, who can be bothered to go online and give our opinions. A far bigger percentage of people who see a film, will never bother expressing their opinion online (most of my peer group 35-45 think I'm nuts for doing so!).

Darth Vile

Indyisreal said:

Please read your post again. What makes you think that anyone should take you seriously when you have the grammar/vocabulary of an 8 year old (if you are 8 years old, I apologize)? Seriously... someone who can barely string a sentence together has no worthy insight to impart.

Crusade>Raiders

Attila the Professor said:
If you look at these type of ratings, I bet the 10s and 1s far outstrip everything else.

Actually, the highest is 19% with 7, and 18% voting 8 right behind it.

Thats seems like the score I would give Kingdom(7-8) compared to the 9 for Temple and the 10s for Raiders/Crusade.

Way of the dodo

How long must I wait for the IMDB score to settle in? I must hear from every IMDB computer jagoff and their important opinions!

Agent Z

lol2.gif

Once public schools are back in mass session, the rating should stabilize.

I'm sure Sankara will be up early in the morning, bleary-eyed, and panting with anticipation for it...:p

graz

The Man said:
Yes, it's early days, but The Dark Knight is polling slightly better than Crystal Balls...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/ratings

I imagine (if you put much stock by these things) it will do better on internet polls. Two reasons:

a) Its technically (from what I can gather) a better film.
b) The type of person TDK is aimed at is more likely to bother registering on
such things (ie. older teenagers and College/University students).

All these things are interesting but hardly scientific..;)

Indy Croft

well it's 7 now

i'd say the only thing that messed up the film could be the alien. Reason's understandable but still it has a ET like features