Which Dovchenko fight scene did you prefer?

Which Dovchenko fight scene did you prefer?

• "Hangar 51" fight

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • "Big Damn Ants!" fight

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters

jonesissparrow

The Ants scene for sure because the Hangar I thought Dovchenko overpowered Indy a little too much. Here they were more evenly matched and Indy had more of a chance to knock the crap out of that big Russkie.

IAdventurer01

jonesissparrow said:
The Ants scene for sure because the Hangar I thought Dovchenko overpowered Indy a little too much. Here they were more evenly matched and Indy had more of a chance to knock the crap out of that big Russkie.

Interesting you say that, because I use the same example to state the opposite. I thought that the hanger fight was a lot better because Indy had to rely on his surroundings and resourcefulness to get by more than the one on one boxing match later on.

Also, I thought the pacing of the fight and general sense of danger was much better in the hanger, as has been previously stated.

Indy Scout 117

i think that the "Big Damn Ants" fight scene was the BEST Indy fight scene in the Indy movies 'cause Indy just BEAT. THE. CRAP outta Dovchenko, unlike the German Mechanic fight, where it was (almost) the other way around, where the German Mechanic was beating the tar outta Indy. y'know what i mean??

Dr.Jonesy

Both fights are great...

-Hangar 51 fight:

Short, brief, but great. Had Indy swing over and kick Dovchenko, and crashing through the glass. C

Classic stuff!

-Big Damn Ants fight:

Classic Indy fight!

Longer than hangar fight, some hurtful looking punches, great ending to it, really great fight scene overall.

I think my vote goes sligtly over to the BDA fight...

(y)

tambourineman

Area 51.

Both were good fights, but the ant fighting was lacking a little in memorable moments. The Area 51 fight had the chains, a great bit, and Indy swinging back and knocking Dovchenko through the window.

oki9Sedo

Indy Scout 117 said:
i think that the "Big Damn Ants" fight scene was the BEST Indy fight scene in the Indy movies 'cause Indy just BEAT. THE. CRAP outta Dovchenko, unlike the German Mechanic fight, where it was (almost) the other way around, where the German Mechanic was beating the tar outta Indy. y'know what i mean??

Indy gets a lot of punches in, but none of them really do anything. At best he catches Dovchenko off guard and makes him stumble a bit. Dovchenko may only get a couple of punches in, but they're devastating.

But yeah, nonetheless its definitely less one-sided than the fight with the mechanic.

Last edited:

bonoferox

The BDA fight scene with Dovchenko was the major highlight of the movie for me. Going in, the fist-fight with Indy vs the big soldier villain was the big scene I was waiting to see after nearly 20 years.
Once we saw them fight on the rocket, I thought it ended a little quick and was disappointed that that fight would probably be it. But then the second round came and it did not disappoint right up through when he gets his hat back. It's probably the one scene of the movie I constantly backtrack and re-watch :)

JP Jones

ants were awsome

as much as i loved the hanger 51 scene the ants just had a ton more suspense with the ants surronding indy it just felt like good ol' times

Cole

oki9Sedo said:
Indy gets a lot of punches in, but none of them really do anything. At best he catches Dovchenko off guard and makes him stumble a bit. Dovchenko may only get a couple of punches in, but they're devastating.

But yeah, nonetheless its definitely less one-sided than the fight with the mechanic.
True, Indy does all this extraordinary stuff.......but more or less he's always been a "regular" guy and I think that's a major part of his appeal.

He gets bumps and bruises and he gets beat up by bigger guys.

That's why I think it works so great with the personal stories in 'Last Crusade' and seeing him age in 'Crystal Skull' but still be Indy.......he's human.

So Indy taking some big punches from the oversized Dovenchko and resorting to resourcefulness to get an upper-hand fits the character to me.

Cole

I voted the ants scene......much more epic one-on-one fight, harking back to the Pat Roach fights in the first two movies. The ants was a cool end.

And the ants taking Indy's hat back to their hill, and then Indy shows up with the skull in his arm, grabs the hat and puts it on.......great, classic Indy moment right there.

mattzilla2010

Gah! I can't decide! I really like both fights. Area 51 is more suspenseful and has some cool moments (chain swing), but the ants one is just a good rock-em-sock-em type of thing.

There should be a "both" option on this poll...

Hatayster

I agree with the above poster, both were great fights and it's a little hard to choose.

(Also, I admit that it would have been interesting to see that unused Jungle Cutter fight).

Cole

Didn't Indy blow up the jungle cutter? I guess I'd have to see it again, but I guess that's why some of the bigger vehicles couldn't continue the chase.

Team Indy

The "Hangar 51" fight was a classic scene. I chose that. The scene with the ants was too macabre for my tastes.