Which Dovchenko fight scene did you prefer?

Which Dovchenko fight scene did you prefer?

• "Hangar 51" fight

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • "Big Damn Ants!" fight

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
Too much blood from the mouth with the ants, loved Indy booting him in the mouth and then swinging/kicking him through the window...

That was a cool move!

oki9Sedo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Too much blood from the mouth with the ants, loved Indy booting him in the mouth and then swinging/kicking him through the window...

That was a cool move!

The blood spitting was a great moment!

oki9Sedo said:
The blood spitting was a great moment!

Fine.

But there was too much.

Is that what a rotted tree branch does?

Indy KICKED him in the face and didn't get anything!

It was TOO MUCH that's all.

I don't care that it happened it just looked like he was vomitting...cheesy.

oki9Sedo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Fine.

But there was too much.

Is that what a rotted tree branch does?

Indy KICKED him in the face and didn't get anything!

It was TOO MUCH that's all.

I don't care that it happened it just looked like he was vomitting...cheesy.

Well it was a cumulative effect! The kick didn't do anything, but adding those punches did. I thought it was great!

lao che & sons

The hanger 51 scene was a very nerve racking edge of your seat moment. The chain thing still gets to me anytime I watch it. The ants scene was just a little predictable but still true to the Indy experience

Kevin

Rocket Surgeon said:
Too much blood from the mouth with the ants,

I agree, his mouth was not "just punched and kicked in the face" bloody, it was "internal bleeding into the lungs" bloody.

I voted Area 51.

Morning Bell

Both scenes are great, although the ant fight gets my vote. It was great to see Indy getting into a classic fist fight with someone twice his size; in fact, the two fights with Dovchenko reminded me a bit of ToD and ROTLA. Great stuff all around.:)

Kevin said:
I agree, his mouth was not "just punched and kicked in the face" bloody, it was "internal bleeding into the lungs" bloody.

I voted Area 51.

yeah, more like ebola...crashing and bleeding out

oki9Sedo

Kevin said:

I voted Area 51.

It didn't strike me as being that bloody. It was less bloody than the mechanic's face when Indy punches him in Raiders.

Indy had kicked him and punched him several times, spluttering up blood is understandable!

Last edited:

TheLastCrusader

The opening sequence is definitely my favorite sequence in the movie, but on itself, the secind fight was a bit more awesome.

Gear

TheNakedFightScene.jpg

--Oh, you said The Dovchenko Fight Scene...

Col. Detritch

lol

Rocket Surgeon, what do you mean the blood was too much?!:confused: After seeing Satipo inpailed on four spears, the boxer being shreaded by blades, Toht, Dietich and Belloq's deaths, the heart pulling, the rock crusher and Vogel's pumeled face (to name a few) how was Dovchenco spitting up blood any worse? I thought it was awsome! I remeber sitting in the thetre, after just watching the Jungle Chase and going straight into the fight, and just thinking 'sweeeet!' So the Ants fight wins hands down

tt0367882

Col. Detritch said:
lol

Rocket Surgeon, what do you mean the blood was too much?!:confused:

Ok, it's in the laptop so I just reviewed it...

Indy hits Dovey with the tree, throws a left then a right. As Lovey's head comes back theres a HUGE overflowing bubbling of blood which looks bad, cheesy bad. Thanks for the examples...hell his mouth was bloodier then heart surgery, ( the ToD extraction was the height of cheesy...nasty squirmingly uncomfortably cheesy)

Those other examples were not nearly as egregious and were more highly stylized cuts.

I like the fact he drew blood...but the like most things in Crystal Skull the execution was not cool. It was a blood capsule in his mouth and it over flowed like a 4th grade baking soda/vinegar volcano(n)

After seeing StarTrek I've got to say, the action scenes in CS were more like action scenes in The Next Generation movies, plodding. Nothing beats watching long shots of lumbering Cmdr Riker running and diving UUUGGG(n)

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
I like the fact he drew blood...but the like most things in Crystal Skull the execution was not cool. It was a blood capsule in his mouth and it over flowed like a 4th grade baking soda/vinegar volcano

After seeing StarTrek I've got to say, the action scenes in CS were more like action scenes in The Next Generation movies, plodding. Nothing beats watching long shots of lumbering Cmdr Riker running and diving UUUGGG

Ok I respect your opinion, but I fail to see how any other 'blood' sequence, if you will, is any less stylized than Dovchenko's blood spit. If anything the heart pulling was more brutal, we didn't enen know the victom, plus it looked like Mola Ram was sticking his hand into cheese cake!:sick:

Col. Detritch said:
Ok I respect your opinion, but I fail to see how any other 'blood' sequence, if you will, is any less stylized than Dovchenko's blood spit. If anything the heart pulling was more brutal, we didn't enen know the victom, plus it looked like Mola Ram was sticking his hand into cheese cake!:sick:

Agreed...as I wrote:

Thanks for the examples...hell his mouth was bloodier then heart surgery, ( the ToD extraction was the height of cheesy...nasty squirmingly uncomfortably cheesy)

Which was writen to be read as weak, lame...nasty gross and uncomfortable but cheesy, (like cheese cake cheesy!).

The other sequences were MORE stylized then Lovey Doveys. Again, don't get me wrong, I LOVED the fight...one of the best links in the chain of scenes, (destroyed by the A-Team homage of a truck full of Russian Special Forces who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with roughly 1800 rounds from 60 feet.).

Sorry to disagree but it had NO style, it was NOT a good take.

Indy's Fist

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ok, it's in the laptop so I just reviewed it...

Indy hits Dovey with the tree, throws a left then a right. As Lovey's head comes back theres a HUGE overflowing bubbling of blood which looks bad, cheesy bad. Thanks for the examples...hell his mouth was bloodier then heart surgery, ( the ToD extraction was the height of cheesy...nasty squirmingly uncomfortably cheesy)

Those other examples were not nearly as egregious and were more highly stylized cuts.

I like the fact he drew blood...but the like most things in Crystal Skull the execution was not cool. It was a blood capsule in his mouth and it over flowed like a 4th grade baking soda/vinegar volcano(n)

After seeing StarTrek I've got to say, the action scenes in CS were more like action scenes in The Next Generation movies, plodding. Nothing beats watching long shots of lumbering Cmdr Riker running and diving UUUGGG(n)
TNG fight scenes vs. Indy & the CS fight scenes? No comparison Indy is way better. Except for First Contact the TNG films sucked. So did their crappy fight scenes. I mean Picard had to travel space & time to find Kirk to help fight a puss like Dr. Soran!!!!

oki9Sedo

Rocket Surgeon said:
I like the fact he drew blood...but the like most things in Crystal Skull the execution was not cool. It was a blood capsule in his mouth and it over flowed like a 4th grade baking soda/vinegar volcano(n):

He didn't splutter that much, certainly no more than the German mechanic.