What about the President of the USA

Johan

Actually...its not an invitation to rules and a system...its an invitation into a relationship. Its not how you treat your boss, but how you treat the ones you Love.

Johan

Anyway's I havent come to the Raven to discuss this most exiting part of my personal life with God. There could be other venues for this. At least we can always come to the fact the we both agree INDY Rocks. I just find it interesting because ROTLA and LC are based on Biblical Archaeology.

monkey

OK, people are starting to worry here.

Sorry.

and to think, I'm a Moderator.

Well, I'm sorry, but I've got to speak out. I've got to speak my mind.

I'll put "God" on trial (and probably get fired as a moderator, and banned from the forums to boot).

I am not a Christian, as many here are. And if that gets me blackballed, then maybe I don't belong here in the first place.

I believe strongly in freedom and human rights, neither of which has been valued too highly by Christians and Moslems throughout history, and today.

I believe strongly in Paganism.

I remember a 60's movie called "The Vikings" starring Earnest Borgnine and Kirk Douglass. I especially remember the scene where Earnest Borgnine, the Viking leader, is being thrown to the wolves by the Christian English. As he is abut to be thrown into the pit he asks for only one thing....his sword...when it is given to him, he shouts at the top of his lungs..........OOOOODDDDDIIIINN!!!! Before leaping into the pit.

If that is me here, then so be it.

Johan

Your arguement would be justified if it was Christ that was throwing him into the pit...sorry Monkey. Even Indy is somewhat based on "our" God.

Johan

They really should change this thread to "What about the U.S. President?"
There are a Lot of us that are not American

Anyway's...goodnight everyone!

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
monkey said:
I am not a Christian, as many here are. And if that gets me blackballed, then maybe I don't belong here in the first place.
Now don't you say that, Monkey man, since you're not alone on this board... actually, you're not alone even in the moderation team. ;)

But you really should do like me and not keep too loud noise about it. There are more gentle ways to influence people.

monkey

Apologies to all if I got a bit carried away.

I'm not trying to influence anyone to give up their beliefs. As I say most of my friends are strong believers in Christianity. I never preach my Paganistic beliefs to them.

I simply want the Christians to understand that not everyone believes as they do. They don't have a monopoly on 'values'. "Christian" doesn't necessarily equal "Good".

It seems like it's always a fight, and shouldn't be.

Important issues such as stem cell reasearch (just to pick one) should not be decided by a tyrannical theocracy.

Religious freedom also means freedom 'from' religion.

Johan

Monkey...NOT religion...Relationship.
Anyway's, PLEASE SOMEONE CHANGE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD...Not only do we all not share the same views...we don't all share the same President

Finn

Staff member
<b>HORSIEEE! WHERE ARE YOUUU?</b> <small>...Monkey man, you can do it too...</small>