The Dark Knight

muttjones

ResidentAlien said:
I much prefer it that way; Batgirl, and Robin are atrocious characters that should never have been introduced. And it's safe to say Nolan won't introduce them.

Nightwing is cool though when he's on his own in Bludhaven with Barbara Gordon helping out.

The Man

Did anybody else feel that Ledger was occasionally reminiscent of a latter-day Pacino, especially in the 'lead-in-the-head' scene and his subsequent proposal to the mob? Something about the facial expressions, the mouth and the parsed-out sentences...

deckard24

The Man said:
Did anybody else feel that Ledger was occasionally reminiscent of a latter-day Pacino, especially in the 'lead-in-the-head' scene and his subsequent proposal to the mob? Something about the facial expressions, the mouth and the parsed-out sentences...
Actually this may seem funny, but I saw a bit of Mel Gibson's Riggs from Lethal Weapon in specific scenes. The whole talking to himself bit when he was angry or amused, stuff like "Come on hit me, hit me, I want you to do it!", and when he was walking out of the hospital playing with the detonator. In both those scenes he moved liked Gibson, and both his quirkiness and delivery were very similar to Rigg's incoherent ramblings when he was pissed! It would make sense considering one of his first major breakout roles was playing Mel Gibson's son in The Patriot, where he would have had plenty of time spent around the man watching him work. Not to mention, if you've ever seen Gibson in an interview the guy is full of nervous manic energy, he's very twitchy and a little spastic!

The Man

deckard24 said:
Actually this may seem funny, but I saw a bit of Mel Gibson's Riggs from Lethal Weapon in specific scenes. The whole talking to himself bit when he was angry or amused, stuff like "Come on hit me, hit me, I want you to do it!", and when he was walking out of the hospital playing with the detonator. In both those scenes he moved liked Gibson, and both his quirkiness and delivery were very similar to Rigg's incoherent ramblings when he was pissed! It would make sense considering one of his first major breakout roles was playing Mel Gibson's son in The Patriot, where he would have had plenty of time spent around the man watching him work. Not to mention, if you've ever seen Gibson in an interview the guy is full of nervous manic energy, he's very twitchy and a little spastic!

Could be. I'd forgotten about The Patriot...(y)

The Man

deckard24 said:
Wow those are pretty good casting suggestions! I really like the idea of Casey Affleck as The Riddler, Toby Jones as The Penguin, Jennifer Connelly as Talia Al Ghul, and Emily Blunt as Catwoman! The others I'm mixed on! I'm still rooting for The Riddler, and as for number 2 I'm not sure.

I take it Croc would be something of a mistake in Nolan's Batverse...

SterankoII

Nolan should do an adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns for the next one.

There was a lot of great Joker moments: the pencil trick, all the stories he tells about how he got the scars, the walk out of the hospital when the bombs go off. My favorite Joker moment is when he's in the hospital room disguised as a nurse when Harvey Dent wakes up. He has the wig on and the way he says "Hi!" was hilarious!

Even though I thought he was a really good actor I never thought of Heath as either scary or funny but in this performance he was both!

The part where the semi truck flipped over head first on LaSalle st. was f@#king awesome!

Last edited:

QBComics

Saw it: Loved it! Joker had some GREAT moments: Pencil scene, Hospital. I loved when you see him clapping for Gordon. (y) Great movie! Two face was pretty neat and hope he shows up soon (if not dead). Scarecrow also had a bad-ass cameo. Great film. :whip:

The Man

Not a monster; just ahead of the curve...

http://www.canmag.com/nw/11804-dark-knight-monday-box-office

'...Almost to $200 million! Thanks to a super-strong Monday for The Dark Knight, which raked in another $24.6 million domestically, the Batman sequel came within $18 million of the $200 million mark in only four days.'

'...After the film's strong rollout, studio distribution chiefs have adjusted their expectations of the film and now predict the tentpole to gross north of $400 million domestically.'

RelicHunter

DocWhiskey said:
I've been a Batman fan my whole life. I'm as big a batfan as an Indy fan. I have hundreds of his comics, dozens of his graphic novels, tons of figures and t-shirts. I even dressed up as Joker for the premiere of the film (see a few pages back). I've seen this film 3 times. It's lived up to my personal hype. It's knocked Batman '89 aside as my favorite Batfilm and Ledger is now my favorite over Jack, which a year ago I thought would be impossible.

This film is fantastic.

But I seriously CAN'T WAIT till the hype dies down and the mainstream forget about this film. It's on television nonstop in forms of reports, interviews, etc. Everyone who seen the film thinks they're now batman experts. People are saying it's one of the best films of all time. What? Really? Come on. I just can't wait until the next few months pass and only the true fans are left. Because I'm getting a little sick of it.

Your getting sick of people praising a great piece of movie making? I too have been a Batman fan most of my life and yes I dressed up as well.
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-47315. But I think it's cool that it's getting the attention it deserves. Plus it only makes another film and more merchandise probable. Sorry but I fail to see the issue here.

sandiegojones

SterankoII said:
Nolan should do an adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns for the next one.
I agree. They should use the Harvey Dent part where he is "rehabilitated" and Bruce pays for surgery to fix his face, but then he's still a crazy villain. That is if he DID live. I'm not too sure.

The Man said:
That site said Two Face dies in TDK and I thought that was the case when I saw it, but maybe he is alive.

Last edited:

SterankoII

I agree. They should use the Harvey Dent part where he is "rehabilitated" and Bruce pays for surgery to fix his face, but then he's still a crazy villain. That is if he DID live. I'm not too sure.

It's actually interesting but Rachel's death is mainly what causes Harvey's madness in the film, not half his face being messed up. I kind of like that.

I thought Aaron Eckhart did a great job as both Harvey and when he becomes Two-Face at the end.

sandiegojones

SterankoII said:
It's actually interesting but Rachel's death is mainly what causes Harvey's madness in the film, not half his face being messed up. I kind of like that.

I thought Aaron Eckhart did a great job as both Harvey and when he becomes Two-Face at the end.
He was border line on the edge though. He almost killed one of Joker's henchmen.

Batman believes that Harvey is a better man than him and could be the face of heroism in Gotham. The Joker corrupted him, but with Joker out of the way and his face fixed he could return to a normal life. I think Bruce would believe that (which is why he took the blame for Two Face's actions) and will try to help Dent since he failed to help Rachel. Rachel believed in Harvey. Wouldn't it be all the more upsetting to Bruce/Batman that Harvey is a villain even after things are restored? I really hope he does come back for a third film!

sandiegojones

I guess it wouldn't be a stretch for someone named "TWO FACE" to fake his death. Awesome!

I saw this quote at IGN: "Likewise, the ending of TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive."

Last edited:

RocketSledFight

RelicHunter said:
Your getting sick of people praising a great piece of movie making? I too have been a Batman fan most of my life and yes I dressed up as well.
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-47315. But I think it's cool that it's getting the attention it deserves. Plus it only makes another film and more merchandise probable. Sorry but I fail to see the issue here.

Along these lines, Devin's rant on CHUD.com against rampant Dark Knight love and people going to multiple showings within a week angered me more than anything I've read lately ... here's a fan of film (and more importantly, he liked Dark Knight) who's complaining about the fact that people are going to see a good movie more than once because they enjoyed doing so.

The child has been officially pronounced dead within that man. He really needs to find better things to whine about.

EDIT: Here you go: http://chud.com/articles/articles/1...-SEEN-THE-DARK-KNIGHT-ABOUT-ENOUGH/Page1.html

agentsands77

As far as I'm concerned, Two-Face is 100% dead. The only way he could be possibly prove to be alive is through some inane explanation. It would be awful to bring him back after that ending.

Thankfully, I trust Nolan's judgment enough that I don't think he'd go and do something that stupid.