IMDB Ranking

Agent Z

hum.gif

MaxPhactor23

Shortie said:
Good for you! Is that proof it sucks? No. It being sucky would be a 5 or below.

You can't prove a movie sucks or rules. It's all a matter of opinion and completely objective. You can only show how popular something is. Popularity isn't a truth. Hannah Montana is sickly popular...does that mean she belongs up there with the Beatles?

Last edited:

Sankara

This ranking proofs: The public thinks that skullm is the worts of the Indymovies...

And "Skull" is new movie. Soon "Skull" has 6. ranking...

Mrs_Fedora

Wrong.

Look at this:

Votes Percentage Rating
12,301 17.3% 10
7,921 11.2% 9
12,817 18.0% 8
13,335 18.8% 7

9,132 12.9% 6
5,188 7.3% 5
3,184 4.5% 4
2,208 3.1% 3
1,481 2.1% 2
3,462 4.9% 1

Arithmetic mean = 7.0. Median = 7

Still most of the people give it a 7, 8 or 9. Even 17.3% (!) gives it a 10.
That's still more than that lausy 5% giving it a 1 or the 2.1% giving it a 2. I can understand a '4' or a '5'. But giving it a '1' is just lack of intellect.
Yes, it's the lowest rated of all four movies, but on the other hand, the other movies are between 20 and 30 yrs old. A lot can happen in that time.

I had a good time watching this movie, and so did all the kids in the theatre. And they are the fans of the future, like myself watching TOD when i was a kid. Lots of (adult) people hated it, i thought it was brilliant!
I'll bet if TOD was in theatres right now, the rating would be even lower than KOTCS.

I remember you bringing this up in other threads. Why does it bother you so much? (no insult, just a question..)
The movie is made, it's done, we can't change it anymore.

MaxPhactor23

I don’t see the guy denying that people liked it. Instead I see others denying that people (on average) find it to be the least of the four films. Of course people enjoyed it. Even I enjoyed it and I’m actively for a complete and utter edit of the film. Naturally children loved it. That’s not adding anything to your argument. Children love pretty much any mindless movie they see. They’d deem studio wrestling to be brilliant drama. That sums up the mind of a child well. Throw them into an adult themed and plot-focused film like Batman Begins and they’ll be bored to tears. It’s not what they’d naturally come to expect from Batman. Throw them into a movie that requires zero amount of brainpower and they’ll be on the edge of their seat. Having children on your side almost hurts your argument. Of course opinions can evolve over time. Temple of Doom was once as critically mixed as Crystal Skull. Today it seems far more accepted and appreciated. Some films have a way of growing on people. However there are others have a way of growing away from your heart, primarily child oriented films. Many factors point to Crystal Skull being far more throw at the younger audience members. The particularly large lacking of violence and gunplay especially. Once they mature I’d expect them to analyze Crystal Skull and come to realize that it scarcely fits with the other three films. That doesn’t take an especially large amount of thought. Crystal Skull was for mindless and childish fun. It delivered on that front. Leave the others three films to the adults…

Last edited:

MaxPhactor23

I don’t see the guy denying that people liked it. Instead I see others denying that people (on average) find it to be the least of the four films. I know I certainly feel it's the worst. Of course people enjoyed it. Even I enjoyed it and I’m actively for a complete and utter edit of the film. Naturally children loved it. That’s not adding anything to your argument. Children love pretty much any mindless movie they see. They’d deem studio wrestling to be brilliant drama. That sums up the mind of a child well. Throw them into an adult themed and plot-focused film like Batman Begins and they’ll be bored to tears. It’s not what they’d naturally come to expect from Batman. Throw them into a movie that requires zero amount of brainpower and they’ll be on the edge of their seat. Having children on your side almost hurts your argument. Of course opinions can evolve over time. Temple of Doom was once as critically mixed as Crystal Skull. Today it seems far more accepted and appreciated. Some films have a way of growing on people. However there are others that growing away from your heart the older you get, primarily those child oriented films you once loved. One day you come to wonder just how you enjoyed such silly and immature drivel. Many factors point to Crystal Skull being far more throw at the younger audience members then previous installments. The particularly large lacking of violence and gunplay especially. Once they mature I’d expect them to analyze Crystal Skull and come to realize that it scarcely fits with the other three films. That doesn’t take an especially large amount of thought. Crystal Skull was for mindless and childish fun. It delivered on that front. Leave the others three films to the adults…they’re not afraid to show people get shot.

Last edited:

Agent Z

Sankara said:
This ranking proofs: The public thinks that skullm is the worts of the Indymovies...

That beer is really kicking in, huh man?

Mrs_Fedora said:
I remember you bringing this up in other threads. Why does it bother you so much? (no insult, just a question..)
The movie is made, it's done, we can't change it anymore.

Seriously, it's like we needed a new thread just for the IMDB stats too?! This was already discussed in another thread..and in another thread before that one...and on and on and on....

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

DocWhiskey

Why is everyone is afraid of what the general public thinks of CS? They like it the least of the Indy films. Who cares? It's not like we made the film.

Mrs_Fedora

MaxPhactor23 said:
I don?t see the guy denying that people liked it. Instead I see others denying that people (on average) find it to be the least of the four films. Of course people enjoyed it. Even I enjoyed it and I?m actively for a complete and utter edit of the film. Naturally children loved it. That?s not adding anything to your argument. Children love pretty much any mindless movie they see. They?d deem studio wrestling to be brilliant drama. That sums up the mind of a child well. Throw them into an adult themed and plot-focused film like Batman Begins and they?ll be bored to tears. It?s not what they?d naturally come to expect from Batman. Throw them into a movie that requires zero amount of brainpower and they?ll be on the edge of their seat. Having children on your side almost hurts your argument. Of course opinions can evolve over time. Temple of Doom was once as critically mixed as Crystal Skull. Today it seems far more accepted and appreciated. Some films have a way of growing on people. However there are others have a way of growing away from your heart, primarily child oriented films. Many factors point to Crystal Skull being far more throw at the younger audience members. The particularly large lacking of violence and gunplay especially. Once they mature I?d expect them to analyze Crystal Skull and come to realize that it scarcely fits with the other three films. That doesn?t take an especially large amount of thought. Crystal Skull was for mindless and childish fun. It delivered on that front. Leave the others three films to the adults?

You said it well, that's how i see it. It might be the 'worst' Indy, for now (although many people would disagree already), but i'm convinced that after, let's say, 10 yrs, it will be nicely fitted between the other 3. I mean, TOD is my 2nd fave, and ROTLA is my 3rd fave. Not that ROTLA is bad, oh no! But i was just too young to like it. Because of TOD's sillyness and dumbness, i started to like Indiana Jones. And that's what KOTCS is bringing us again.

Sankara

That's all what I say: Most people think that "Skull" is the worst of the Indy-Movie... ;)

So... Spielberg, Lucas and Ford FAILED because they wanted that "Indy 4" is as good as the others.... :(

weyhoops

I guess I find that it's pretty weak criticism simply to say KOTCS is the "least of the Indiana Jones movies". I think a lot of fans that really loved it would actually agree.

Darth Vile

I tell you... some of you guys are really miserable glass half empty sods.

We've established that the general public like it, we've established that people on these boards like it. We've established that it's doing good box office. We've even established that some of those who don't like it, still enjoyed it...

Having established the above... What is the benefit in trying to argue that KOTCS is people's least "favourite" Indy movie? It's not my favourite Indy movie, but so what as long as you enjoy it right? TOD is my least favourite, but it doesn't by definition mean it's bad or that I can't enjoy sitting down to watch it.

You can't convince people that they didn't like it or that it's a sub par movie with that line of argument.

LostArk

This is how I rank the movies:

1. Raiders/Temple
2. Crusade/Kingdom

It's all just a matter of opinion. Out of those 17,029 votes, over 12,000 ranked it 10 and 8 and 13,000 gave it a 7. That's gotta mean something.

Last edited:

The Man

Darth Vile said:
You can't convince people that they didn't like it or that it's a sub par movie with that line of argument.

Nobody's attempting to convince anybody to rightly dislike it. We're simply stating that it's wrong to like it. Deeply wrong, indeed.

Benraianajones

Well, if it is so deeply wrong for people to like it, why are you even buzzing around this forum, as opposed to chatting about the movies you like on the original trilogy section? I am more than aware you have the right to post here, but you have stated a lot you dislike i and if the only can of posts you have are of the aboves daft quality (as opposed to sensible discussion) why not now, go and discuss the ones you DO like? I'm all up for discussions on the originals.

No one is wrong to like the film, so get over it.

The Man

Benraianajones said:
Well, if it is so deeply wrong for people to like it, why are you even buzzing around this forum, as opposed to chatting about the movies you like on the original trilogy section? I am more than aware you have the right to post here, but you have stated a lot you dislike i and if the only can of posts you have are of the aboves daft quality (as opposed to sensible discussion) why not now, go and discuss the ones you DO like? I'm all up for discussions on the originals.

No one is wrong to like the film, so get over it.

Why am I here? Post mortems are fun.:p

Seriously, though, it's fascinating to read how and why people could like a film I largely detested. Certain arguments have caused me to reassess minor aspects of the film. I still don't care for it, but perhaps I've learned much about those who do.