Saucer Men From Mars script

motifone

Saucerman script still around?

Anyone know of a working link to the Saucermen script? All the ones I found through Google have expired.

Thanks!

Iandiana

Oh God! Just read it. If that is real then why the hell are people complaining about Indy 4 - It could've been 3,000,000 times worse.

Michael24

Saucermen is the script that's more of a full-on alien invasion flick, isn't it? One of these days I'd like to sit down and read all these leaked scripts, but I can never seem to find more than just general overviews of them from people who have read them.

Iandiana

The only thing I see in the script is the fridge scene. Everything else is just dull, drawn out talking from a bunch of people out of place in Indy. I'm a KOTCS fan anyway and reading this makes me realise just how much Indy 4 was a true Indy film.

Kernunnos

I actually liked the Saucer Men script, but didn't feel it was quite right for an Indy movie.

I really liked the Doom Town bit, no matter how far fetched it was/is, and was delighted to see it in KOTCS.

If Indiana Jones & the Saucer Men From Mars had actually been made in the nineties, we'd probably rank it alongside TOD now, as a pulpy, tongue in cheek entry into the series.

Iandiana

Any Indy film made in the nineties wouldn't have to suffer InterRape (internet rape) as much as the current climate.

And I agree Doom Town was awesome. I got so jazzed up as the count got lower even though I knew what was going to happen. Plus in the Saucermen script the aftermath is highly implausible.

motifone

In Saucermen there is the atomic bomb, rocket sled, ants, wedding, and waterfall.

I wish they had done more with the river and waterfall in KOTCS... like the equivalent of the Raiders truck chase, but on the river, with the big climax at the end at the falls... minus the bit with our heroes going over.

RocketSledFight

Can anyone point me (and others interested) in the direction of the Saucermen script/other potential Indy 4 scripts? I want to see what the fuss is about.

EDIT: Wow, sorry. Extremely guilty of not reading prior posts.

James

motifone said:
I wish they had done more with the river and waterfall in KOTCS... like the equivalent of the Raiders truck chase, but on the river, with the big climax at the end at the falls... minus the bit with our heroes going over.

I originally thought that's where the swordfighting would occur. Wasn't there a sequence in "IJ and the Monkey King" where they had swordfighting across two ships?

RocketSledFight

So I'm guessing the powers that be are responsible for removing all the copies of this from the net?

Would anyone who has it or another potential script be willing to somehow remove references to Indiana Jones (replacing the name throughout the script) or something to get around copyright issues?

Not that I'm ...er...asking someone to do something illegal.

Grizzlor

Saucermen script was not very good for Indy, but was probably the best of all the various subsequent iterations. The leaks from the Darabount script made that one sound even worse, I am glad Lucas vetoed it. This (Koepp) was probably the best script, which is why they finally agreed on it, but it still should have been better polished.

G-Man

RocketSledFight said:
So I'm guessing the powers that be are responsible for removing all the copies of this from the net?

Would anyone who has it or another potential script be willing to somehow remove references to Indiana Jones (replacing the name throughout the script) or something to get around copyright issues?

Not that I'm ...er...asking someone to do something illegal.
It's still available on Moedred's site...

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=189495&postcount=35

James

Thanks for posting a current link. I've been wanting to review the script after seeing KOTCS.

I thought the fridge scene had been portrayed differently, with Indy merely surviving at the site. I wonder if people would've been more open to that version, rather than the way it ended in KOTCS?

I assume the change was made in order to include the visual that concludes the scene in KOTCS. It's similar to the moment in "Saucermen" where Indy observes the testing being done in the desert. I always thought that was a nice moment in the script, and would've looked cool onscreen.

RocketSledFight

Thank you for posting those links.

Just read the whole thing... not a fan, at all.
Reading this made me realize just how well KOTCS balances sci-fi with adventure/archeology.

Made me appreciate the new film that much more. Indy did not feel like the same character at all in this script. I would rather have an Indy that feels like Indy and doesn't shoot his gun than one who shoots frequently and falls in true love for the first time over a dissolve. They also paid little attention to the character's aging and his teaching career.