Saucer Men From Mars script

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Terminal Velocity must have premiered while Stuart was writing, a mark against his script, but now I guess enough time has passed to use the sled scene again. To escape a nuclear detonation maybe? I'm still uneasy about the idea of the ark and so much else being incinerated.

No Ticket

I had no idea this script existed. But after reading some posts in here, I'm not reading that thing until after I've seen KOTCS. Because even if it differs greatly... I don't want to be spoiled by anything that IS in it that made it to the new movie... even if it was altered slightly.

But you guys sure are killing my excitement for KOTCS by saying how bad this draft was. I hope it's not the same movie basically.

AHegele

I wouldn't worry so much about it No Ticket, this is almost exactly how The Last Crusade was made. There are plenty of elements from Chris Columbus' Monkey King script that ended up in The Last Crusade (tank chase for one).

Further more, many scenarios in Temple of Doom came from scratched ideas from Raiders (the mine car chase).

The 'lifting ideas' process seems to have been working so far.

nitzsche

Let's all remember how the Indiana Jones movies are made. Everyone brainstorms about awesome, spectacular actions sets and then the writer comes in to fit a story into these action scenes. TOD used action sets Raiders was unable to use. It seems the action sets survive draft after draft and a new story is built around them.

eshine

nitzsche said:
Let's all remember how the Indiana Jones movies are made. Everyone brainstorms about awesome, spectacular actions sets and then the writer comes in to fit a story into these action scenes. TOD used action sets Raiders was unable to use. It seems the action sets survive draft after draft and a new story is built around them.
Exactly!

The thing to always keep in minda bout the Indy films is that they are always a collaberative effort.

For example - we know for a fact that Marions return was the idea of a screenwriter who was not chosen for the final draft...

davidsal

Look at it as a wish list Lucas have for the writers. ¨I want this and that¨ and the writers do a script that include those elements.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Now having seen the trailer, it seems they lifted the Monkey King's epic battle with the natives. New elements plus set pieces and plot points from Monkey King and SMFM. They seem so far to have taken the best of those scripts and other failed scripts that we don't know enough about to speculate and it seems to gel from what I've seem rather well.

Shortie

I haven't read it but it sounds horrible. How could the writer of 'Die Hard' & "Fugitive' do such a crap job?

Blue Jay

i am just reading the script and though i am still at the beginning, until now it is not that bad as i would have thought. It is actually pretty good.

But i still have to see what i think when ET comes into play :p

I will keep you updated on things we know from kotcs and that are also in smfm, besides the obvious things everybody has already pointed out ;)
- rocket sled
- russians in disguise ....

Raiders90

Saucer-Men from Mars

Where can I find the Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars script?
Also, are there any other Indy 4 or abandoned Indy scripts on the net (fan or net) or synopsis?

I remember reading synopsis' from the late 90s involving such awesome ideas as the Garden of Eden, another that Indy's father is dying and he has to retrieve this object from ireland, and a bunch of other plot ideas, but I didn't save the site. Anyone know about that?

Last edited: