TOD figures revealed

Billy Ray

Arab Swordsman said:
If I remember correctly when I ordered my LC figures it took a day or so to show up in my order history. This is probably the case now because we ordered on a Friday. As long as you have your order confirmation you should be good to go.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I did have something in my order history when I first ordered but it was when I screwed up and selected the wrong shipping. They corrected that, but now there is nothing in my order history. Hoepfully it will all be squared away tomorrow...just really nervous about this...really want those figures. I decided not to cancel my Toyrocket order until I get a shipping notice from Brianstoys...just in case.

Spalkomania

Billy Ray said:
What's cool is, they also included the katar...the knife like thingy that the guy on the right is holding. I never noticed before that these guys had them...and so does the "giant Thuggee"/Pat Roach...and that the wear them on their chests until pics of the figures were first shown.

That's cool about the swords. Looks like Hasbro really know their stuff...sometimes. :D :D

tnswman

Spalkomania said:
That's cool about the swords. Looks like Hasbro really know their stuff...sometimes. :D :D

Wait till you see the figures ( I will post pics when I get home is nobody else does ) It shows that hasbro took full advantage of the Lucasfilm archives.

Nurhachi1991

tnswman said:
Wait till you see the figures ( I will post pics when I get home is nobody else does ) It shows that hasbro took full advantage of the Lucasfilm archives.

I can't wait to see them! I gotta see Mola Ram without his headdress!

inky_skin

Okay - so my ToD figs are here. First up is Indy himself.

tod_indy.jpg

Solid sculpt - nice details on the hand-bandage, ripped shirt back. Plus an extra little suprise in Indy's satchel (sorry - the stones are non-removable !).

Last edited:

inky_skin

Mola Ram is going to make you weep and question why all figures can't be this perfect. The facial sculpt is spot on, and this bad-boy priest is loaded with accessories.

mola_ram.jpg

More when I get a chance...

inky_skin

Willie and Shorty are both great additions to the wave. Shorty's proportions are spot-on, something that Hasbro has occasionally struggled with when doing junior-jedi for the Star Wars line. Willie sees a single-carded return for soft-goods in the Indy line, but the bizarre hand sculpt renders her useless (just like in the movie - way to go on accuracy Hasbro !) for anything other than scene-specific action. Interestingly they sculpted her 'harem pants' under the skirt and her necklace and flowers are removable - so with a bit of effort she could work as a 'Temple Escape' Willie.

willie_shorty.jpg

inky_skin

Finally, the comedy stylings of Thugee / Chief Guard. I've been a fan of the late Pat Roach since he wrestled on Saturday morning TV in the 80s here in the UK. Hasbro have finally rewarded his Indy legacy with a HUGE figure - seriously, he towers over every other character in the line. He's fantastically menacing - the only thing that could've upped the perfection would have been an open hand to strangle Indy with.

The standard Thugee is no slouch either - the perfect henchman for the perfect wave. Yeah - that's right - Hasbro finally made an Indy wave that's all killer and no filler. *If* you see this at retail, you've simply gotta buy them all !

temple_guys.jpg

sebillba

Superb photos Inky, these figures look awesome. Where did you get yours from after all? I'm still waiting on Star Action Figures to get their stocks in.

inky_skin

sebillba said:
Superb photos Inky, these figures look awesome. Where did you get yours from after all? I'm still waiting on Star Action Figures to get their stocks in.

Hasbro Toy Shop came through...

tnswman

inky_skin said:
Hasbro Toy Shop came through...

the amazingness that is the Indy and Mola Ram figures is simply stunning..It's like Hasbro even used better PVC on these figures...I'm telling ALL of you that when you hold Mola Ram in your hands, you will find yourself fully amazed at an action figure like never before.

ALL of you will want to build a Thugee army.

Indy is my favorite though.