Dr. Pepper promotion

iLUVINDY

indyclone25 said:
i have indy and mutt and indy from the dr. pepper cans and so far from diet dr pepper , spalko--------------- i mean i have been checking the 12 pack cases to see which ones are the can inside by pushing in the handle but i haven't seen more----how many cans are there and are they also in the 24 pk cause i havent seen those eihter --i'm in the chicago area

I have Mutt on regular and Diet, Indy on Regular and Spalko on Regular. There are 6 collectible can. and the 24 pack has 2 diff. designs(y)

DocWhiskey said:
I bought 4 12 packs and all 48 cans have Indy on them lol. And I didn't win a thing. Call me a dork, but I really wanted the t-shirt.

FYI - each box has a product date code stamped on the side of the box. If you are looking for different cans, look closely at the date codes. If they are all the same date they will have the same can. Different dates have different cans. That's one way you can tell without opening the perforated handle on top and visibly checking the can. This comes in handy when browsing through stacks of cases at the supermarket.

Agent Z

Agent Z said:
Oh man! I entered 9 codes and won.....

...a desktop wallpaper.

No, screw you Dr. Pepper.... (n)

UPDATE: I entered 18 more codes and won....

...two more desktop wallpapers.

Go suck on a used urinal soap Dr. Pepper....(n) (n) (n)

Wugmanmax

Yeah, I'm a big Indy fan and I like Dr. Pepper, but so far this promotion feels more like getting your face melted off by the Ark than the thrill of finding a Crystal Skull. (n) FAIL.

ValenciaGrail

DocWhiskey said:
I bought 4 12 packs and all 48 cans have Indy on them lol. And I didn't win a thing. Call me a dork, but I really wanted the t-shirt.

My entire office is testament to my own dork status in good standing...
and what would I do in a situation like this ....ebay the T-shirt ;)

ValenciaGrail

Agent Spalko said:
FYI - each box has a product date code stamped on the side of the box. If you are looking for different cans, look closely at the date codes. If they are all the same date they will have the same can. Different dates have different cans. That's one way you can tell without opening the perforated handle on top and visibly checking the can. This comes in handy when browsing through stacks of cases at the supermarket.

This is a remarkably similar analytic method to the one I used to get each color lightsaber spoon from the Corn Flake boxes a few standard galactic years back....

Lopero

It has been neat at work to see ALL these Indy Pepper cans,bottles and displays.I have been doing all I can to get my hands on some of the promo posters and a cardboard display.
Oh I forgot to lead off that I work for one of the Coke distrubitors in the fleet maintence as the company painter and fabicator.

ValenciaGrail said:
This is a remarkably similar analytic method to the one I used to get each color lightsaber spoon from the Corn Flake boxes a few standard galactic years back....

Yup and it's practically fool proof. For those of you collecting all of the cans (Diet and Regular) you'd better hurry. They are starting to disappear from shelves and stores are now replacing them with the regular generic cans. I've even seen plain cans inside of the Indy promo boxes. Apparently the promo officially ends at the end of this week.

Agent Crab

I been lucky enough to snag two Dr. Pepper cases with the Indy promo. Kept one Dr. Pepper bottle that featured him on it also. I remember the Star Wars promos on the Pepsi and Mt Dew cans. I'm lucky enough to have kept some of those also.

Agent Z

Agent Z said:
Oh man! I entered 9 codes and won.....

...a desktop wallpaper.

No, screw you Dr. Pepper.... (n)

Agent Z said:
UPDATE: I entered 18 more codes and won....

...two more desktop wallpapers.

Go suck on a used urinal soap Dr. Pepper....(n) (n) (n)

UPDATE: I entered 10 more codes and won...

...one more desktop wallpaper.

I hope they keep Hell hot for you Dr. Demon.. (n) (n) (n) (n)

Agent Z

DrHapgood said:
Not that I don't agree with you, but why exactly are you still entering codes? :confused:

I have the codes to enter, so why not?

Although, even the "Doesn't hurt to try!" speech is starting to waver at this point....

Besides, you know the first code I throw away will be the one I needed to win something other than another lameass desktop wallpaper.

NLogan

So what are all of the character descriptions on the cans?

I have seen Mutt Williams: Rebellious Renegade... Reluctantly Seeks Indy's Help

Indiana Jones: Finder of Rare Antiquities... And The First Name In Adventure

I had a Mutt and Indy can but read it and didn't save it, and now have forgot what it said.

I have also seen a Spalko one but didn't get a chance to read it.

FYI - the cans are no longer included in boxes marked with the Indiana Jones sweepstakes. If the dates on the cartons are Aug 25 08 or Sep 09 08 they will have generic cans inside the boxes. Grab these up while you can because they are starting to disappear from the shelves.

iLUVINDY

Agent Spalko said:
FYI - the cans are no longer included in boxes marked with the Indiana Jones sweepstakes. If the dates on the cartons are Aug 25 08 or Sep 09 08 they will have generic cans inside the boxes. Grab these up while you can because they are starting to disappear from the shelves.

I have 4 of 6, i need Mutt Vs. Irina and Russian with INdy, anybody got them, Ill do anything to get my hands on 2 of each.

Agent Z

iLUVINDY said:
I have 4 of 6, i need Mutt Vs. Irina and Russian with INdy, anybody got them, Ill do anything to get my hands on 2 of each.

I have a whole case of "Mutt VS Irina"....

If you want to do a trade..or just want to cover the cost of shipping, I can send you one or two.

Probably be cheaper to ship if the can is drained, but it would be your tab (bad pun) to cover in the end anyway.

PM me if you want one and stuff.

Grimezy

Sigh, another reason why Australia needs Dr Pepper back.

I always fill up on DP when i go overseas, it's just the best drink ever.

iLUVINDY

Does anybody have 2 extra "INDY getting punched by Russian" Can. Thats the only can I need to complete my set. I can trade or pay for shipping. Just PM me (y)

"Bellosh"

Hey all...the Dr. pepper promotion is still alive and well in STL! I went to a local grocery store for the first time in two weeks on Saturday (June 14) and got one 12-pack of diet (Indy v. Russia...yes, they are still out there!!!) and one regular (Irina Spalko).