Dr. Pepper promotion

bonoferox

For those who did get a case, do they have varying designs, or is one case just the same design on every can like they did with Star Wars?

I hate Dr. Pepper but will get a case if I'm assured to get at least 3 different cans.

Agent Z

For those draining the cans....

Not that I would ever collect for a future sale/value, but I was curious as to if there was an unwritten rule about not opening the tab at the top and draining them that way.

I had the Dr. Pepper Spider-Man 2 promo cans full for the longest, and would never open them. One day, I was looking around for info on what devalues a can and such and I read a piece that said breaking the tab doesn't really hurt the value as much as one might think. I may have read that wrong though...

At any rate, I came to the realization, like I usually do with collectibles, that I would most likely never want to part with/resell those Dr Pepper cans anyway..so, yeah, I popped them open, like four years after the fact, and drank them right up. :p

IndyKate

Indy Cans?

metalinvader said:
That blows! Did the case have the Indy art on it?If so,I just hope it was a screw up.I'm not looking forward to buying cases of Dr.Pepper only to find non-Indy cans.

I just bought a case today. It had Indy Art on it, a code inside to enter on the website (didn't win anything)... but the cans were all normal, boring Dr. Pepper cans. :( At least I actually like Dr. Pepper.

FYI - If you buy the 24 pack you can see into the box through the handle-holes on top. Perhaps that is one way to check if you're getting Indy cans or not, as it seems the packaging is a poor indicator of this?

RelicHunter

IndyKate said:
I just bought a case today. It had Indy Art on it, a code inside to enter on the website (didn't win anything)... but the cans were all normal, boring Dr. Pepper cans. :( At least I actually like Dr. Pepper.

FYI - If you buy the 24 pack you can see into the box through the handle-holes on top. Perhaps that is one way to check if you're getting Indy cans or not, as it seems the packaging is a poor indicator of this?

That sucks!! I bought two cases and got 4 of the 6 designs. So I guess thats good. I did look in throught the slit in the top and saw the can design. :)

IndyKate

RelicHunter said:
That sucks!! I bought two cases and got 4 of the 6 designs. So I guess thats good. I did look in throught the slit in the top and saw the can design. :)

AH! I'm really jealous now :( Glad to hear you had luck finding some of the cans, though! (y)

RelicHunter

IndyKate said:
AH! I'm really jealous now :( Glad to hear you had luck finding some of the cans, though! (y)

I mentioned above that I do have extras if anyone wants me to drain them and send them out. Just trying to spread the love.:)

iLUVINDY

RelicHunter said:
I mentioned above that I do have extras if anyone wants me to drain them and send them out. Just trying to spread the love.:)

Which ones do you have?? Would you really ship them out.... i feel bad about it....

RelicHunter

iLUVINDY said:
Which ones do you have?? Would you really ship them out.... i feel bad about it....

Yeah I would ship them. I have Spalko, Indiana Jones, Indiana and Mutt, and Mutt on his motorcycle.:)

iLUVINDY

RelicHunter said:
Yeah I would ship them. I have Spalko, Indiana Jones, Indiana and Mutt, and Mutt on his motorcycle.:)

Could u send me one of each?? I would appreciate it allot... but how would u empty them and avoid them getting crushed??

RelicHunter

iLUVINDY said:
Could u send me one of each?? I would appreciate it allot... but how would u empty them and avoid them getting crushed??

I will send you some pics. I can empty them and send them in styrofoam.

I was able to finally pick up a box, this time I made sure that I got a real case. All I got were Indys, not very exciting. However I noticed something strange. I had to move a lot of newer boxes out of the way and there was only a handful of them left. Strange that they would have them in a few days ago and now only two or three. I also noticed the same thing with the Snickers bars, they did have boxes of them, but now they've gone back to just regular old ones.

I got a case today.

All 12 cans were goddamned Shia Labeouf. Granted, I got the sodas to drink, not to collect... but still, kinda annoying.

Here's a tip, open the perforated cardboard handle handle on the box and look inside to see which set of cans are inside before you buy.

Quint

That's a great tip. I bought two twelve packs and was able to score 4 different designs (2 different designs per pack) using that method.
And I got a free screensaver to boot.

Are these just on Dr. pepper and diet Dr. pepper cans or are they on cherry and vanilla too? I'm thinking of collecting the diet cans as well if it completes the set.

They are also on Diet DP but sadly not on Diet Cherry vanilla which is what I drink. I can't drink regular DP so I am emptying the cans using the fake-air method.

Munkeewrench

Do different cans come with diet vs regular or are all designs on both? So far I got Mutt vs Spalko and Indy getting punched on regular and Spalko and Indy and Mutt on diet...Saw an Indy can sitting on the curb when I was jogging, but resisted the urge to add to my collection...