New Video - Reuniting the Family

JimmyPSHayes

Even though I can't wait to see footage from the new film, the way they play the old clips really gets me excited!!!! I love how they pepper it with the new shots. (y)

deckard24

Has Peter Jackson been putting these video clips together spliced of old footage and interviews?

It's good to know Lucas is holding out on the fans again, since the last bonus disk was all the stuff from the vault! If these teaser behind the scenes clips are any indication, it's safe to assume we'll be seeing and an Indiana Jones 4 widescreen and fullscreen edition, then HD-DVD and Blu Ray, then a box set with all 4 movies and a new bonus disk, and then an HD-DVD/Blu Ray box set, and then the definitive extra exclusive super special edition that will come with a comic book, and then......we'll all be broke!

I love the real updates like the Comic Con video, but clips like these just irk me! It just shows how no matter who the company is whether it's Lucasfilm, New Line Cinema, etc., they all mislead the fans! I'm still waiting for Jackson's next edition of LOTR to hit shelves, the anniversary edition!

bergstrom

Not the best video? Old harrison footage from around 1998? . Old george footage from when he was shooting "Revenge of the sith". C'mon, new stuff please.

Brad

the Fiddler

What a bunch of whiners! At least they're giving us interviews and stuff. They could just be totaly quiet about everything.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
That shot of Harrison Ford saying "I think it'll be a lot of fun" at the end is priceless.

I think that so far they've done a pretty good job in terms of what they're releasing when on the official site.
As we all have realized by now this clip is very different than what we've previously been exposed to (and it also seems to come in two parts if the "to be continued" line is any indication).

My feeling is actually that they cut this together for some other purpose than releasing it on the official site.

deckard24

The funny thing is it's mostly all footage that was on the 2003 Indiana Jones DVD box set, so they obviously thought an Indy 4 was gonna happen and shot those interviews. It's not fresh or new interesting stuff, just old interviews and footage we've seen.

"What a bunch of whiners!"

I'd rather whine then baaahhhhh like a sheep!

"They could just be totally quiet about everything."

Lucas, quiet? Naaahhhhh! Palpatine, I mean Lucas has to keep the dollars coming in! He can't do that without fluffing the masses.

chapter11

Lucas, quiet? Naaahhhhh! Palpatine, I mean Lucas has to keep the dollars coming in! He can't do that without fluffing the masses.

If these teaser behind the scenes clips are any indication, it's safe to assume we'll be seeing and an Indiana Jones 4 widescreen and fullscreen edition, then HD-DVD and Blu Ray, then a box set with all 4 movies and a new bonus disk, and then an HD-DVD/Blu Ray box set, and then the definitive extra exclusive super special edition that will come with a comic book, and then......we'll all be broke!

Sorry, but couldn't you just choose not to watch/buy/whine?

deckard24

"Sorry, but couldn't you choose to not to watch/buy/whine?"

I learned my lesson the hard way with Star Wars, but I guess I naively thought Indiana Jones would be different! So far there's been some good stuff! But when they know the fans are waiting with baited breath for the next snippet of anything related to IJ4, and then they give us that, well it's not too cool in my opinion. Fans waited years for a definitive Indy set and they told us that's what we got in 2003. Now 4 years later with IJ4 approaching, more from that time period is surfacing. It just makes me wonder how much is being held out on for the future! I understand it's a business, but I don't like being mislead into purchasing something I thought was exclusive.

Misha

wow when i found thid board I was under the impression there would be Indy fans of the first hour by the dozens... but I must say I haven't found many boards yet where the complaining is as bad as here :rolleyes:

I guess i've come to the wrong place :(

AHegele

I rather have this than spoilerific footage like Jackson did with his hours and hours of pre-theatrical run behind the scenes footage. Spielberg still believes the magic of cinema should be under wraps... at least before the final cut is presented.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Misha said:
wow when i found thid board I was under the impression there would be Indy fans of the first hour by the dozens... but I must say I haven't found many boards yet where the complaining is as bad as here :rolleyes:

I guess i've come to the wrong place :(

Might be the right place...a bit of complaining is a sign of life.

Niteshade007

replican't said:
It looks like someone's having to cattle-prod Harrison into life.

Haha! That really made me laugh.

I don't really care one way or the other about what clips they show us. At least not at this point. I wouldn't mind some more stills from the film, maybe a description of the film...

deckard24

"Nice hair as well." lol!

It's his Vince Mcmahon bouffant!

On another note you can still be a fan of Indiana Jones and not blindly go along with everything that is pitched in our direction! Just because Spielberg and Lucas is putting this stuff out there, doesn't mean we have to say it's great! Apparently, a lot of other sites like Harrison Ford Web( a site with some of the most devoted diehard Ford and Indy fans around) and C.H.U.D.com feel the same about this new video clip.

Misha

Attila the Professor said:
Might be the right place...a bit of complaining is a sign of life.

Sure nothing wrong with a bit of complaining. But it looks as if the negativity and complaining gets the overhand at times :p

the_three_bears

The clip is meant to be a bit of fun, something to whet the fans appetite and keep us amused.
Some people have to stop and think that maybe they are taking this too seriously. What do you moaners want, 3 minutes of footage from the film? Then you would have people moaning that it is being spoiled by showing clips from Indy 4.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride all the way to Memorial Day. :gun: :hat: