For those who really didn't like it...

Amdrag

This thread is great. People are acting as if this is murder or something. It is a film and no matter how much you disliked it, it doesn't change the others. Never mind the fact that so many are overreacting. Ok you didn't like it, but how honestly is this film so "terrible" that is changes your view of film.

Mike00spy

Legendary Times said:
I have tears running down one cheek I'm laughing so hard! My girlfriend just asked me from next door what was so funny!

Glad I could provide some entertainment.

S

Satipo

Believe or not, many fans loved KOTCS including me. If I had to name an Indiana Jones movie that tarnished the series it would be Temple of Doom yet I don't whine about it like a schoolgirl.

SwingingMonkey

The gang simply didn't work hard enough! They're getting old and too pig rich to stay ahead. You can see how laid back they all are when you watch the behind the scenes video.

When they made Raiders there was so much more pressure - which made Spielberg more inventive, so much more focussed and working on overdrive. He learnt his lesson from 1941. It was as if they were fighting a war when they made that film. Now its a very casual matter of, "look what we can do on the computer now" and "I promised Kate I'd be home for dinner, so its a wrap everyone".

Also, sometimes when a script isn't working, its best to toss it and do something completely different. This is an example of not doing that.

Katarn07

Spider-Man 3 is the only film I've ever seen that tarnished the originals. I can't watch the original two films and not be reminded of how terrible Spidey 3 was. It only took me one viewing to know how bad that piece of garbage was. I didn't hate KotCS. I was so scared when the Paramount logo dissolved that after it was over, I'd hate Indiana Jones. I'm happy to report that my love of the character is intact. I just hope that I don't grow to hate this film with repeat viewings. I have only seen the last SW film twice because I enjoyed it so much. I feared that any more viewings would reveal all the flaws it probably has and I'd hate it as much as TPM and AotC!

Munkeewrench

IrishLuck1980 said:
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you implying we're all children? Look at my screen name. Use your head. The majority of the people here remember when Indiana Jones was a new thing. So you can shut your mouth about a comment like that.

Exactly...Thanks for proving my point...:dead: ...

Mike00spy said:
LOL

Seriously, do you guys have a stack of tissues next to your computer? This is whining at its best (or worst, if you prefer). Are you fans of any other franchise? Does Godfather III make part 1 or 2 worse? Does Moonraker tarnish Goldfinger? Even if you hated the movie, what an extreme overreaction you all have.

So whatever, keep spending your free time complaining on message boards if it makes you feel any better.

Oh, and I know you will watch Raiders again....

Jesus you really must learn how to read before jumping to write such a moronic flame. I never said I would never watch Raiders again. If you had bothered to read I said I can never again watch that scene without thinking of his stupid giddy laugh seeing Marion again. I'll watch Raiders Doom and Crusade a thousand times but I won't be watching Crystal Turd ever again. That movie is a farce of the other films.

Major West

Agent Spalko said:
Jesus you really must learn how to read before jumping to write such a moronic flame. I never said I would never watch Raiders again. If you had bothered to read I said I can never again watch that scene without thinking of his stupid giddy laugh seeing Marion again. I'll watch Raiders Doom and Crusade a thousand times but I won't be watching Crystal Turd ever again. That movie is a farce of the other films.

You've joined the forum in the last month and posted nothing but mostly hate. I wish the trolls would leave the forum so that regulars can enjoy the place again. It's turning into a real dump.

The_Raiders

Hey lighten up on KOTCS, and be glad it's not this!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTrK4VQG93Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTrK4VQG93Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

edit: Oh yeah, and those who didn't like, just becasue you didn't like it doesn't mean it 'tarnished' the original trilogy, the other three are still the same, just don't worry about KOTCS if you didn't like it.

Last edited:

gonzosports

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is one of the worst films ever made.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the best films ever made. There's nothing Kingdom can do to tarnish Raiders. You know what this tarnishes? Spielberg and Ford's legacy. Lucas lost one when he introduced the world to Mannequin Skywalker and Jar Jar Binks.

Travis85

I thought Indy 4 was a great movie :) The only thing in the whole movie that bothered me were the gophers :p I even didn't mind the vine swinging.

Indy's Fist

No, KOTCS changes nothing about the originals for me. To me The classic trilogy IS Indy. To me KOTCS is the movie of the old Indy. Just like The Young Indiana Jones Chronicals were Indy as a kid.

vitoscarlatti

Sorry to come late to this thread but, honestly Agent Spalko. You got it dead right... 'Crystal Turd' ?! Hilarious and spot on... that's what it's gonna be called in our house from now on...

The Man

Blessed science may yet help us forget...

Researchers at Harvard and McGill University (in Montreal) are working on an amnesia drug that blocks or deletes bad memories. The technique seems to allow psychiatrists to disrupt the biochemical pathways that allow a memory to be recalled.

Do you know I did last Summer? 'Cos I sure as Hell don't! Shia LaWhat? (y)

The Man said:
Blessed science may yet help us forget...

Do you know I did last Summer? 'Cos I sure as Hell don't! Shia LaWhat? (y)

Can't wait to see how many lives are ruined in clincal testing, and the sample of retards who would volunteer.

But no, each of the movies stand on their own, Raiders is untouchable...

:dead:

Dr.Jonesy

Rocket Surgeon said:
Can't wait to see how many lives are ruined in clincal testing, and the sample of retards who would volunteer.

But no, each of the movies stand on their own, Raiders is untouchable...

:dead:

Agreed. Raiders is the crown jewel of the series.

ROTLA=PPP=Pure Pulp Perfection

I love all 4 films. Agree with me or not, I think the 3 sequels are not very good at all when compared to Raiders. But that's just me.

And one bad film shouldn't tarnish the series. That's childish.

People who hate TOD are ok with ROTLA, LC and some even KOTCS.