Indiana Jones Bonus Blu-ray's...(in development)

digitalfreaknyc

Some of you guys may be familiar with my other "releases" around the net of Indy material. I did several discs for Indy and other films.

Well, I'm now pooling my resources and putting a lot of the material I've accumulated over the years onto 1 blu-ray. It won't be 1 disc per film but it will be 1 disc for the original trilogy and 1 disc for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Most of this material is stuff that I've recorded myself over the years and others I have traded for or purchased.

For the original trilogy, I will include all the documentaries that weren't included in the Blu-ray boxed set (Great Movie Stunts, Temple of Doom and Great Adventurers). I will include the same extras that were found on my original DVD's as well as some other gems that I've gotten like the Sidekicks special, the original EPK for Last Crusade, camcorder footage of filming for Last Crusade, and tons of other news and TV reports.

For Kingdom, I have news reports from CT when they were filming as well as interviews from David Letterman, Conan, The View, Access Hollywood, ET, the original EPK and much, much more.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to update the progress of these discs as they go along. If you have any footage you'd like me to include, I'd be happy to include it as well, with credit to you.

I have so many discs in so many places that I'm doing this primarily for myself: I'd like to get rid of those discs and put everything in one place. As I'm getting older, I need to get rid of the clutter. In any case, please let me know what you guys think! :)

Indy's brother

digitalfreaknyc said:
Some of you guys may be familiar with my other "releases" around the net of Indy material. I did several discs for Indy and other films.

Well, I'm now pooling my resources and putting a lot of the material I've accumulated over the years onto 1 blu-ray. It won't be 1 disc per film but it will be 1 disc for the original trilogy and 1 disc for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Most of this material is stuff that I've recorded myself over the years and others I have traded for or purchased.

For the original trilogy, I will include all the documentaries that weren't included in the Blu-ray boxed set (Great Movie Stunts, Temple of Doom and Great Adventurers). I will include the same extras that were found on my original DVD's as well as some other gems that I've gotten like the Sidekicks special, the original EPK for Last Crusade, camcorder footage of filming for Last Crusade, and tons of other news and TV reports.

For Kingdom, I have news reports from CT when they were filming as well as interviews from David Letterman, Conan, The View, Access Hollywood, ET, the original EPK and much, much more.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to update the progress of these discs as they go along. If you have any footage you'd like me to include, I'd be happy to include it as well, with credit to you.

I have so many discs in so many places that I'm doing this primarily for myself: I'd like to get rid of those discs and put everything in one place. As I'm getting older, I need to get rid of the clutter. In any case, please let me know what you guys think! :)

The obvious caveat must be mentioned here sooner than later. And as such, I think that forum rules be damned about this gray area. This is for posterity, and since you are willing to do the legwork that the former Lucasfilm hasn't done for us fans, so be it. I have about as much power here as an internet crawler/internet bot/web spider/automatic indexer, etc., but I think that the human reason we are all here would be well served by your effort. Beaurocratic dogma aside: your plan is something that obviously contributes to the fan community. You have my support, and please feel free to PM me about your project.

My 2¢.

digitalfreaknyc

Indy's brother said:
The obvious caveat must be mentioned here sooner than later. And as such, I think that forum rules be damned about this gray area. This is for posterity, and since you are willing to do the legwork that the former Lucasfilm hasn't done for us fans, so be it. I have about as much power here as an internet crawler/internet bot/web spider/automatic indexer, etc., but I think that the human reason we are all here would be well served by your effort. Beaurocratic dogma aside: your plan is something that obviously contributes to the fan community. You have my support, and please feel free to PM me about your project.

My 2¢.

Please know that it was never my intention to break forum rules or to do anything that would get this site in trouble. If I have, I apologize and will immediately remove this thread.

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
digitalfreaknyc said:
If you have any footage you'd like me to include, I'd be happy to include it as well, with credit to you.
Thankfully, I'm not "familiar" with your other releases around the 'net" but I do have a couple of questions for you, digitalfreaknyc:

- Can you provide a complete list of your planned content (so far)?

- How will you be distributing these discs? For FREE or for $$$?:confused:

I have A LOT of stuff to include but am very WARY of your intentions...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FREAK!:whip:

digitalfreaknyc

Stoo said:
Thankfully, I'm not "familiar" with your other releases around the 'net" but I do have a couple of questions for you, digitalfreaknyc:

- Can you provide a complete list of your planned content (so far)?

- How will you be distributing these discs? For FREE or for $$$?:confused:

I have A LOT of stuff to include but am very WARY of your intentions...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FREAK!:whip:

Why "thankfully?"

Perhaps you should check out originaltrilogy.com before I answer any questions.
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...NYC-Release-Thread-SW-Indy-Others/topic/2909/

Last edited:

Stoo

With all due respect, Digitalfreaknyc, what is "originaltrilogy.com" and why should I check it out?:confused:

Can you not just list your Indiana Jones items here?:confused: (Instead of expecting a person to investigate the unknown.)

Last edited:

digitalfreaknyc

Stoo said:
With all due respect, Digitalfreaknyc, what is "originaltrilogy.com" and why should I check it out?:confused:

Are you new to the internet? :)

I know you have a lot of stuff because I've followed your posts. My intention wasn't to come in here and beg for more material, although that seems to be how you're reading it. I've been collecting and recording my own since the 80's and I've traded with a lot of people around the world.

It just perplexes me that you're "wary" when you don't even bother to look me up or know who I am.

russds

So much drama for a simple thing. :) I think i'ts great @digitalfreaknyc, I don't know if i read you were going to sell them, or something like that, but just for personal sake, i can relate. For the longest time I wanted to create a isolated score version of the movies, just for my own sake to watch and enjoy. Piece together the soundtrack material I've collected over the years, and painstakingly put it all together into a movie I could watch with the isolated score. Just haven't put in the time. Sound like a lot of fun to me. Sadly I'm sure I don't have anything that you don't already have though.

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
Are you new to the internet? :)
Heh. Well, I replied with the question before you added the link. When you simply wrote "originaltrilogy.com" without the link, I thought you might be referring to the original, Harry Palmer trilogy from the '60s! (Just kidding.)
digitalfreaknyc said:
I know you have a lot of stuff because I've followed your posts. My intention wasn't to come in here and beg for more material, although that seems to be how you're reading it. I've been collecting and recording my own since the 80's and I've traded with a lot of people around the world.

It just perplexes me that you're "wary" when you don't even bother to look me up or know who I am.
On the contrary, not knowing much about you is precisely why I was wary. I didn't read your post as begging for stuff since you made it clear that you already have a lot. However, I have now "looked you up" and (as far as I can tell) you don't appear to be selling any of your "releases". If you were selling and I contributed material, then I would have wanted a percentage of the ca$h!:p

Here you are talking about "discs" but don't mention anything about torrents as you did in the link, hence my cautiousness. Publically offering free Blu-rays & cases would be either: A) extremely generous or B) totally crazy, so I was puzzled by your intentions. Having never used a torrent site, I'm assuming you make the content & graphics available for people to download and then they make their own discs & cases. Is that correct?:confused:

The thread on the other site you linked to started in 2005. Since then, have you ever gotten word of somebody else selling any of your "releases"?

Anyway, it would be great to see a list of what you're planning to include so that I can determine if I have some things that you don't.:hat:
russds said:
So much drama for a simple thing. :)
It's not such a 'simple thing' if there is a possibility of money being involved.:)
russds said:
...but just for personal sake, i can relate.
I can relate, too, since I collect video of a very prolific rock band and, in the pre-DVD days, amassed an insane amount of rare VHS recordings through trades. The ability these days to compile everything chronologically on DVD without any loss of image/sound quality is a gift from heaven.(y)

russds

Stoo said:
It's not such a 'simple thing' if there is a possibility of money being involved.:)
True, I'm not very experienced with the torrent, downloading, underground selling of stuff online, so i wasn't really thinking of this. But yeah, I see what you mean.

Regarding the "camcorder footage of filming for Last Crusade", has that ever surfaced? I was reading about it on another thread here, and from what I remember some girl had bought it off ebay, and had it, but then disappeared from these forums? I've been dying to see that for some time now.

Thanks!

Stoo

russds said:
Regarding the "camcorder footage of filming for Last Crusade", has that ever surfaced? I was reading about it on another thread here, and from what I remember some girl had bought it off ebay, and had it, but then disappeared from these forums? I've been dying to see that for some time now.
Me, too. That "girl" is ElsaFan from Montreal and we were planning on getting together but everytime I go home, I forget to contact her. D'oh!

AndyLGR

Sounds like a great project and I know how time consuming projects like this are. I'm currently working on a similar thing but its tv appearances of a rock band and I expect to hit 30 DVDs each around 100 mins long.

But although I have nothing to contribute I'd love to see the discs.

Torrenting DVDs is quite a simple process too.

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
...tv appearances of a rock band...
Which band?
Moedred said:
Just make sure the content included is not for sale on DVD or Bluray.
Right. Which is why I'm "wary" about this:
digitalfreaknyc said:
I will include the same extras that were found on my original DVD's
If Digitalfreak is talking about the extras on the legitimate DVDs, then that material should definitely NOT be included.

And what is with this business of "Blu-Ray's" & "DVD's" with the apostrophe "s"?:p
AndyLGR said:
Torrenting DVDs is quite a simple process too.
One of my friends was a shameless, movie-torrenting bast*rd until he moved to Germany and received a warning from his German internet provider. (I think he even received a fine.)

Last edited:

AndyLGR

Stoo said:
Which band?
Def Leppard
Stoo said:
One of my friends was a shameless, movie-torrenting bast*rd until he moved to Germany and received a warning from his German internet provider. (I think he even received a fine.)
I've heard of people getting warning letters from some of the film companies, I think they tracked people down through the torrent hosting sites that were hosting movies, and this lead to those that were downloading a lot of torrents from those sites.

Private torrents arent such an issue I don't think, the originator of the dvds creates a torrent file and emails it over to those he wants to share the discs with. Plus its less costly, no need to be sending out physical discs to people.

I notice though that the intention is to create these on blu ray. Is that just to be able to get the most material on one disc? That could be a limiting factor for some who don't own a blu ray burner.

AndyLGR

Stoo said:
If Digitalfreak is talking about the extras on the legitimate DVDs, then that material should definitely NOT be included.
This is something I avoided when compiling material, which is why I'd keep mine to tv appearances or shows only. Anything officially released and available to buy would not be included.