Whats your drink of choice?

I am sure a "Slow comfortable screw againt the wall is better"

Did any one see the recent Jepardy cham .. the guy that knows every thing. he has never drank but knws every potent potables q that comes up .. In fact he knows every thing period.

Canyon

Luckylighter said:
Canyon, I knew there was a reason I liked you. But I have to ask, do you drink it with water and sugar cubes, or just the water, or just the cubes? That's what I love about Pernod, and absinthe in general, there are so many ways to personalize it.

Thats with ice cubes. ;)

I can't drink absinthe though. It's too strong for me.

BTW, have you ever tried uzo? (which is similar to Pernod).

westford

I've got half a bottle of Ouzo upstairs... It's a few years old though (my old flatmate brought it back from a holiday in Greece). I used to drink it when I had a sore throat - "to numb the pain".

Well I spent a 176.50 on a bottle of JW blue label once that I could not drink and I have no intertion of repeating this mistake but I would loove to get a smapler bottle of this stuff I have heard of since child hood jus to say I tried it.

any idea wher to get it at? I understand it is not sold in USA ???

Kate

Johnny Walker Blue?

I don't really know anything about it, and I've never tried it. Have you looked it up online? Maybe you could find some info there.

I would like to buy a sampler bottle of it yes. or just continue to leave it to fate and try it some day before I die. Never was one much for fate and really have tried about ever imaginable thing just got old tired and complacent and do not seek many adventures any more.

Kate said:
Or did I misunderstand you? Do you mean you want to buy absinthe?

Sorry to be so unclear as I generally am. But I would consider it if I had a hampering at the time it comes up. I am quite an impulse shopper. While I do not want to track it down , it has been a 20 year desire to at least try a sip of this mysterious spirit.

Just I am currently absorbed in my coffee and find it hard to desire more.

Kate

It's illegal here in the US (I drank it in Europe), and yes, it's something you should try before you die, if you don't die trying it. :)

I have shared a unique life mostly as a committee of one that was always involved in the most colorful adventures but was always a scardy cat and never entered places I thought were dangerous .. Well except when I did any way. Kinda hard to describe a person like me as i do not think I am explainable . Guess I am a bit harsh on critis sometimes that share in my inability to understnd me but as for absinthe, I have fond not only where to purchas it but also this enlightening and informaive site:http://www.gumbopages.com/food/beverages/absinthe.html

Thank you Kate for your kindness.

You seem to be an informed and avid IJ follower, I have seen you appear on other forums as well.

OT OT While I certinly am not in the market for any dating or even flirting on line , I wonder what your thougt are about a safe dating area for a forum. Not so much a dating site but an area for people of interest to meet online and have the support of others that may lend them some comforts about a person of interest due to living near of having personal knowlege of them. Maybe it would offer a safer enviroment for onliner to meet.

LASTCRUSADER

Gladhatter:

That was a very informative site on Absinthe. I have always been curious about this drink. Its good to get the lowdown on it. I have never actually read up on it before.Maybe when I finally get over to Europe I'll get a chance to try some.

LASTCRUSADER

I just found out that there is a liquor store in my area that carries Absinthe. Since its a goverment run place I'm going to assume that means its legal here. I'm going to pick myself up a bottle for the weekend. I'm going camping so it should be interesting.