Whats your drink of choice?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Indyologist said:
(This is my own suggestion: Stir with a stick of dynamite. For fun, light the dynamite and toss it out the window at the nearest car.)

Originally said in Sam&Max: Hit the Road
-Where should I put this time bomb so it won't hurt anybody?
-Out of the window, Sam. There's nothing but strangers there.
*Tosses it out, the bomb explodes*
-Whoops. I hope there was nobody on that bus.
-Nobody we know, at least.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
My fav. drink (s)...
Muscat - a great desert wine!
Merlot - a good wine for any occasion
Blackberry wine - yum!
Strawberry Daquari - only had one, but I liked it

Other non-adult beverages...
Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew Code Red
Dr. Pepper
Mr. Pibb Xtra
Orange Juice (nice and cold with a tiny amount of pulp)
Chocolate Milk........okay so I like the chocolate part the best.:)

Tennessee R

Aaron H said:

Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew Code Red

Say, Aaron H, if you like Mountain Dew, (I like it too, Code Red is my favorite) then you ought to go to Taco Bell within the next few days, and press the drink macine button without a label on it. Watch what comes out. I don't like it as good as Code Red, or regular, but some people really like it.

Pepsi is my current favorite. never liked beer at all but will drink about one bottle or can a year in a hot summer day. Always loved a lot of different mixed drinks I have tried but never cared for the affect of any drink so rarely ever drank any at all. My Daddy was a moonshiner and I think Ren has me confused with my drunk brother that will drink any thing as he accuses me of being a drunk often when I actaully have maybe had occassion to have a drink 3 times in past 5 or so years. I may have been drunk 10 times in my life or less. Then again from what I read many people seem to get things confused easily on forums. Seems I hear of all the emails as well yet have never sent one from my computer to him. Oh well so it goes.

I would hate to use any drug that is addictive and allow it to over power me. I personally think the very worst 2 drugs are alcohal and tobacco and they are the legal ones. I cannot understnd this any more than I can the world I live in. and on that note forums. Why do threads get locked every time some on disagrees ? I will make another post on this one.

Indyologist

VP said:
Originally said in Sam&Max: Hit the Road

Omigosh-- I LOVED that game! I'll have to play it again sometime. I've read the Sam & Max comics and they are so dang hilarious that I nearly wet myself every time I read them. I just love that bone dry humor!

I've also tried retsina, that Greek drink made from pine sap that is mentioned in the "Peril at Delphi" novel. I had it at a Greek restaurant. It was very interesting. Kind of like drinking pine tree sweat. Or, for you Lord of the Rings Fans, Ent sweat.

Anyone here ever have ouzo? It's mentioned in the Indy novel I'm reading now: Genesis Deluge.

Also, I wonder what Pepsi and Coke mixed together would taste like. And what would it be called? "Poke" I suppose. Or how about Coksi?

Tennessee R

Indyologist said:

I've also tried retsina, that Greek drink made from pine sap that is mentioned in the "Peril at Delphi" novel. I had it at a Greek restaurant. It was very interesting. Kind of like drinking pine tree sweat. Or, for you Lord of the Rings Fans, Ent sweat.

Anyone here ever have ouzo? It's mentioned in the Indy novel I'm reading now: Genesis Deluge.

I think that ouzo is mentioned in Gypsy's Kiss, too.

When I was in Greece in Feb. of '03, we all got complimentary shot glasses of (I think) retsina. I didn't drink mine, but my friend did. It was kind of orange, like sap, and I think he said it tasted a little like licorice. (Thank you, Finn)
At the resteraunt, they were going to play and sing later that night, but we didn't stay. We were on a whirlwind tour of Greece, and were researching ancient remains for the name Zeus.
Also, another interesting note, is that when you order a salad in America, you expect a lot of lettuce, and maybe a cherry tomatoe, and some croutons. In Greece, a salad usually consists of very little lettuce, some actual slices (orange style) of large tomatoes, a large chunk of goat cheese (or feta), croutons, a lot of cucumbers, plenty olives, etc. It's astoundingly good.

Last edited:

Indyologist

Tennessee R said:
I think that ouzo is mentioned in Gypsy's Kiss, too.

When I was in Greece in Feb. of '03, we all got complimentary shot glasses of (I think) retsina. I didn't drink mine, but my friend did. It was kind of orange, like sap, and I think he said it tasted a little like licorish (sp?).

Kind of like a mixture of Pine Sol and children's cough syrup. You disinfect your mouth and clear your throat at the same time.

Rick5150

My third post and it is on a thread about alcohol. What does that say about someone?

I have a particular fondness for microbrews and used to brew my own beer (actually ale) for a while. The first batch of ale was fantastic and the second taste like vinegar. Oops! I drank it anyways as a lesson to sterilize the equipment better next time. I never made a bad batch again.

I tried a few of the low carb beers while doing Atkins, but they taste like p*ss. Can I say that here? (I know, I know. And how do you know what p*ss taste like?) That story is for another forum.

I like a good flavored full-bodied beer, ale or stout:

Sam Adams (All flavors exept the light and a warm cranberry lambic)
Samuel Smith (All varieties)
Magic Hat (All varieties)
Guiness Stout (draught preferred)
Cave Creek Chili Beer (don't try to use it to wash down spicy food!)

For some reason, my favorite all around beer is Becks. Most U.S. beer is overcarbonated, too cold (numbs taste buds) and wimpy. I like Germany's philosophy. Warm and heavy.

Wine:
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Shiraz

Scotch Whisky (Or more common: "whiskey")
How can you have Scotch if it is not from Scotland?

Glenfiddich 18-year-old single malt scotch
Glenlivet

Okay, okay that place in Tennessee is okay as well. ;) What is it called again? "Jack" something....

Deadlock

Rick5150 said:
I like a good flavored full-bodied beer, ale or stout:

Sam Adams (All flavors exept the light and a warm cranberry lambic)
Samuel Smith (All varieties)
Magic Hat (All varieties)
Guiness Stout (draught preferred)
Cave Creek Chili Beer (don't try to use it to wash down spicy food!)

For some reason, my favorite all around beer is Becks. Most U.S. beer is overcarbonated, too cold (numbs taste buds) and wimpy. I like Germany's philosophy. Warm and heavy.

Excellent tastes. :D

Here in Iowa, there seems to be a senseless number of (fill in the blank) Light "beer" fans. (I use the term "beer" very loosely.) Around here, I am continually let down by even those with lineage (Irish and German) that would seem to guide them toward beer that tastes like something.

Rick, you ever try that Jhonny walker blue label?

I paid 176.50 for a bottle of it one 20 years ago on special order and took a sip and gave i to my alcholic neighbor and he drank it like rock gut not knowing its cost . I know you liove single malt scotch and you know I rarely drink but I used to during a one winter period sip on chevis cannot even spell it now but I am sure you know the one. just drank it over rocks and gained a pallate for it and shared it with a friend I was seeing at the time then bought a half gallon and was glad to give the lst half of it away as I say I a am not really a drinker. I could not develop a pallate for tehm single malts during the time I ws tryying out that blended scotch . My Brother that will drink any thing set before him swears by your 2 favs in the scotch line and some of the Old guys most now dead around here that he used to drink with that were just all hard core moonshine fans also all liked the Glen bros in scotch. Both livet and fiddich.

Why do you prefer the single malts or you ever drink that chevas regal or how you spell it?

Rick5150

Rick, you ever try that Jhonny walker blue label? I paid 176.50 for a bottle of it one 20 years ago on special order and took a sip and gave i to my alcholic neighbor and he drank it like rock gut not knowing its cost .
I have not tried blue label (yet). I drank JW Red and JW Black when I was younger and that was all I had available. (Meaning my Dad bought what was on sale.) As far as I understand Johnny Walker whiskies are all blended whiskies.

I know you liove single malt scotch and you know I rarely drink but I used to during a one winter period sip on chevis cannot even spell it now but I am sure you know the one. just drank it over rocks and gained a pallate for it and shared it with a friend I was seeing at the time then bought a half gallon and was glad to give the lst half of it away as I say I a am not really a drinker.
I have this weird reservation of not wanting to purchase liquor in half-gallon containers. I have no idea what it is, since it is the same stuff. I like Chivas Regal just fine though. Dewars works as well. I am not that well-versed in fine whiskies yet and I am not sure if I want to be. I am always up to trying new things and will always drink my mistakes. That is why I do not like mixed drinks much. Too easy to make a mistake and that adds up to a lot of drinking. Always quality over quantity. Too much effort to pour the perfect drink.

I could not develop a pallate for tehm single malts during the time I ws tryying out that blended scotch . My Brother that will drink any thing set before him swears by your 2 favs in the scotch line and some of the Old guys most now dead around here that he used to drink with that were just all hard core moonshine fans also all liked the Glen bros in scotch. Both livet and fiddich.

Whisky was an acquired taste, for me. Now that I have acquired the taste look what happened ;) Glenmorangie is another I am ready for. Moonshine?! Hey, I had a bottle of Everclear. That is about as close as I think I will get at 190 proof. Since I do not mix my whisky with anything other than a splash of water or two ice cubes (maximum!) to bring out the aroma, I do not drink much or I will wind up naked in a strange town wearing a tutu.

Why do you prefer the single malts or you ever drink that chevas regal or how you spell it
The single malts I have had are very smooth, and that is a favorable quality for me. Also, because there is no blending the age on the bottle is relative to the age of the whisky. Blends are not truly the age they advertise. Four tips for anybody not versed in whisky are:

1) Single malt whisky is produced by a single distillery. These distilleries often produce whiskies for the blends as well.

2) Blended Scotch is just that: a combination of up to 50 grain and single malts from various producers.

3) The age of a whisky is the minimum age of the youngest whisky. In other words, in the case of Johnnie Walker Gold, "Aged 18 years" means that out of all the whiskies blended to create that product, at the very least the youngest whisky was aged 18 years. It is not only quite possible but very likely that some of the whiskies that were blended were 20, 25 or even 30 years aged.

4) Don't EVER mix a fine single malt with anything, you wimp!

I am just kidding about the last one, but it is usually the cheaper whiskies that are used as mixers. This is where the gallon jug of Cutty Sark comes in ;) An excellent whisky sour is made from a good quality lemonade (with pulp) and whisky. Ice if you want it, but it will dilute the drink.

I look at whisky like I look at mutual funds. You can have a single stock and do well with its performance or you can get a blended mutual fund and have a diverse portfilio. It is all in personal taste as a good blend often contains many excellent single malts. Cheers!

Rick5150

11doh.gif
My first statement was going to be a lampshade, but it seemed so cliche. I will admit, that like many of us, I am completely naked under my clothes. [groan]

Rick5150

Deadlok got you there Rick no nudness for you and none of my pappies shine.

There goes my thinly disguised excuse for getting to wear a tutu ;(. Over the last 43 years, I have learned most of my limitations. I, sir, have learned that I am not man enough to drink 'shine, since I hate to vomit the next day. Two of my favorite words are quality and moderation. (Although there are always exceptions.) One night of overindulgence can take the best whisky and turn it into your worst enemy. I don't need any more enemies.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Tennessee R said:
Say, Aaron H, if you like Mountain Dew, (I like it too, Code Red is my favorite) then you ought to go to Taco Bell within the next few days, and press the drink macine button without a label on it. Watch what comes out. I don't like it as good as Code Red, or regular, but some people really like it.
Is it Livewire? Or some other experimental Mt. Dew flavor?