General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

DocWhiskey

Darth Vile said:
Do you think she is just taking the p**s? I can't really see that there are any firm dates for anything yet... and if there were, surely she wouldn't be allowed to comment on schedules etc.

I want to believe her, but personally I don't think she knows any more than we do right now. But I hope I'm wrong.

arkfinder

People let stuff slip all the time. Gary Oldman was doing an interview and he said their going to start filming the third Batman film this spring. He quickly said "But, you didn't hear that from me."

So maybe it's calculated and maybe it's just a slip up.

DocWhiskey said:
I want to believe her, but personally I don't think she knows any more than we do right now. But I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed.

I'm sure she understands the power/effect of word of mouth...

It would be interesting to compare the number of Extraordinary Measures headlines and Indy V headlines, just as a result of the Extraordinary Measures publicity junket.

foreignerfred

Of course, I want to believe the dates that Karen has shared, but I do trust that she is laying out what she knows.

Why would she so frankly let the cat out of the bag? Well, if you look at her filmography, she hasn't really been in a lot of EVENT MOVIES, and fanboy hype is not something she's particularly used to or afraid of.

In order to get Harrison, Spielberg, Lucas, Shia, and yes, even Karen together for another outing will take tremendous planning in terms of getting schedules straight. That means "reserving" blocks of time with your principles, and I think such a reservation is what Karen's referring to. We should at least take it that Spielberg has his eyes on filming in `11, whether or not he will...we'll have to wait and see.

I, for one, am crazy with excitement. I trust this over Harrison acting like he's "open to the idea." Lucas himself said they were working on it.

Here's for a "crazy, but great" 2012!!!!

Henry_Jones_Jr.

Good news but not a real confirmation yet. Still need to have Steven, George, and Harrison give the confirmation as well. Do we even know who is writing a script? Personally, I DON'T want David Koepp to write it but I also don't want the same script carsousel that we had for Indy IV. I'm not sure who should write it, just don't make it as campy as KotCS was at times.

One thing I would like to see is some kind of official word what really happened to Short Round. He doesn't even need to be in the movie, just some sort reference to see what really happened to him. Although, I wouldn't complain if they brought him back. As long as they do it in a interesting way.

Dr. Gonzo

Well from what I have been reading these last few pages about Karen Allen's memo it sounds to me like she has not signed a contract yet and without a signed contract I'm afraid all that this is is hope filled conjecture.

BrodyIsDead

Well, I for one am hopeful that Karen's just telling it like it is, Indy style... She doesn't strike me as a big Hollywood mover and shaker who's invested in spinning out a trail for weary fans to follow (as I'm afraid to say I sometimes find Frank Marshall as being). (n)

Anyway, if she's right with 2011 that'd make the release 2012, right? So 4 years between Indy IV (1957) and Indy V would take us to either 1960 or 1961 - here's what I "dug up" for real-life archaeology in those years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_in_archaeology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_in_archaeology

(y)

Dr.Sartorius

BrodyIsDead said:
Well, I for one am hopeful that Karen's just telling it like it is, Indy style... She doesn't strike me as a big Hollywood mover and shaker who's invested in spinning out a trail for weary fans to follow (as I'm afraid to say I sometimes find Frank Marshall as being). (n)

Anyway, if she's right with 2011 that'd make the release 2012, right? So 4 years between Indy IV (1957) and Indy V would take us to either 1960 or 1961 - here's what I "dug up" for real-life archaeology in those years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_in_archaeology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_in_archaeology

(y)

They can set the movie in 1959 if they want. Just because its 4 years later for us doesn't mean it has to be for Indy too.

Morning Bell

They could still set it in the late 50's and I think it would work. Raiders and LC were relased 8 years apart and only advanced Indy's age by two years, so I think it's doable. I'm still hoping for an official announcement before I get excited, although the fact that it's still being mentioned seems like a good sign.

IndyFan89

4303214812_0d67ee61fa.jpg

I really don't know what to think, are they trying to play with our heads? IMHO I think if it was going to happen it would have happened already.

Dr.Sartorius said:
They can set the movie in 1959 if they want. Just because its 4 years later for us doesn't mean it has to be for Indy too.

They can also set it before 1957, and then it would probably be a better film.

Grizzlor

Not shooting until 2011, sheesh! That seems way too far in the future for a studio to have set up, but given the schedules of Spielberg and others, I guess they have to prepare far in advance. What's odd is wasn't New Haven used to film the last movie? Would she not be there again?

YouNeverKnow

Grizzlor said:
Not shooting until 2011, sheesh! That seems way too far in the future for a studio to have set up, but given the schedules of Spielberg and others, I guess they have to prepare far in advance. What's odd is wasn't New Haven used to film the last movie? Would she not be there again?

The New Haven thing refers to a convention that the autographee mentioned to Karen. She said she wouldn't be able to go to the convention due to filming.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Besides they would not film in new haven until Yale was out of school for the summer like they did back in late June and early July of 2007. And yes I did ask if she would be available for the 2011 comiconn.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Mitchellhallock said:
Besides they would not film in new haven until Yale was out of school for the summer like they did back in late June and early July of 2007. And yes I did ask if she would be available for the 2011 comiconn.

Of course, it's probable enough that they wouldn't need any on location stuff for the university anyhow. They've had their fun on campus; I doubt they'd need anything more than a classroom and Indy's home, if even those.

arkfinder

Most college's are done the week before Memorial day. That is in May. So that fit's in. But, it depends how Spielbreg shoots and weather and other stuff like that.

Forrestal3657

arkfinder said:
Most college's are done the week before Memorial day. That is in May. So that fit's in. But, it depends how Spielbreg shoots and weather and other stuff like that.

And if he isn't doing any other movie. It seems he's gotta million he's planning to do.