Indy 5 news 2012

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Stranger said:
They just wouldn't have wasted that load of money for no reason. Not by a single chance.

The reason is to gain the profits what what already is, Right Now. Today. This Christmas Season. It's like taking a foster child in (the acquisition of Lucasfilm), and finalizing the adoption (the merchandising and distribution rights now with Paramount).

It was not a gamble on what might come. No way. That's just an ancillary benefit to this, later. Much later.

Texas

Check out this tweet from Frank Marshall's twitter page:
"A bit strange sitting in the Indiana Jones office in the Lucasfilm office on the Disney lot, but I'm sure I'll get used to it."

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeDoctor

Does anybody else think that Frank is starting work on Indy 5?

Last edited:
Pale Horse said:
The reason is to gain the profits what what already is, Right Now. Today. This Christmas Season. It's like taking a foster child in (the acquisition of Lucasfilm), and finalizing the adoption (the merchandising and distribution rights now with Paramount).

It was not a gamble on what might come. No way. That's just an ancillary benefit to this, later. Much later.

From what I've read on a different number of sources - they may be wrong but I don't think so - the deal that was signed between Paramount Pictures and Disney only grants them the right to any eventual future installments of the franchise. And obviously the permission to use the characters and the trademark of Indiana Jones.

All of the profits that come from the first four movies and their related merchandise are still firmly in the hands of Paramount, and so the rights for the distribution of the original films in any possible new format.
The deal also specified that Paramount will get a percentage of the gross for any possible new film that will be produced.

I don't think anyone would have signed a deal like that, dozens of millions of dollars, if there wasn't a clear intent of firing things up as soon as they can. My two cents.

Grizzlor

Hmm, so there IS an Indiana Jones "office" on the Disney lot?

Frankly I cannot imagine, as I said, Disney going ahead without Harrison Ford. I just think that the backlash would be too BIG unless Ford made it public that he wasn't interested. However, he's been pretty consistent that he wants to do one again.

After that, I have no problem with a reboot of sorts, but they have to be original stories, not Raiders re-done. I would **** on that.

Indy Jones

I'm sure Marshall wouldn't be involved at all with anything relating to the old films. And if there were no new films planned, why set up an Indy "office" and tease that there's a future to 'get used to?'

I seriously think it's crazy to deny that Disney is at least trying to initiate Indy 5. Marshall is proof of that, as there would be no reason to have him involved in the production of Indy merchandise or a new release of the four films (which lies with Paramount anyway). Marshall is an active film producer... doing anything but (wait for it!) producing a new film is a waste of his time.

Now, can the momentum on Indy 5 die out and cease? Well, yeah. It could. No green light yet. But clearly, Disney is actively starting the ball (boulder?) rolling on it.

Pale Horse

Staff member
foreignerfred said:
"Disney's Alan Horn on Indiana Jones: 'We need a story.' Guesses it will be another two to three years before we see a fifth movie."

It has to be said:

Olliana said:
Dr. Gonzo said:
88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZtx1v8s1bo

:hat:

BLAM!
Horse_1464316c.jpg

This is big news campers. Do some googling of Mr. Horn, if you think this sort of thing is just smoke and mirrors.

Indy Jones

As I said... Indy 5 is now on the table. It wasn't before, just a case of the principals saying "wouldn't it be nice?"

Pale Horse

Staff member
No, no it's not. They don't even have a story. Further comments by Horn suggest that it's not even being considered for the big screen, and he outright states that nothing is being done.

Read the sources, it's sobering, but necessary.

Millions

Man, just when I was getting my hopes up again......

Along comes a Disney executive today and puts it all to s%&t. Us fans are up and down more than Indy in that mine-cart scene in Temple of Doom.

Did anyone read the statement - I found it pretty odd. What was he getting at - when he said that if a new film was to be made, they need to be certain that it belongs on 'the big screen'???

Is he hinting at a TV series???

Lance Quazar

Millions said:
What was he getting at - when he said that if a new film was to be made, they need to be certain that it belongs on 'the big screen'???

Um, no. That's not what he was "hinting at." At all.

Mickiana

Millions said:
Man, just when I was getting my hopes up again......

Along comes a Disney executive today and puts it all to s%&t. Us fans are up and down more than Indy in that mine-cart scene in Temple of Doom.

Did anyone read the statement - I found it pretty odd. What was he getting at - when he said that if a new film was to be made, they need to be certain that it belongs on 'the big screen'???

No, straight to DVD!

The Reaper

It's on! People should stop being negative. Indy V is happening! It's only a matter of time before they announce something concrete.

Olliana

Now all Kennedy has to do is sit together with George and Steven and crack that mothereffin story. Disney will be on her tail, for sure.

indyjones2131

Millions said:
Well, feel free to elaborate a little, enlightened one....

Well one interpretation would be that they want a story and script that is good enough for the big screen. In other words, not until they get something good enough for the big screen would they make a fifth movie. While we may get a new video game, novels, app, etc., I highly doubt anyone is considering another TV show and DEFINITELY not a straight to DVD. That's just silly.

Millions

indyjones2131 said:
Well one interpretation would be that they want a story and script that is good enough for the big screen. In other words, not until they get something good enough for the big screen.

I hope you're right! You probably are - I just thought it was a bit of strange thing for the guy to say.

And as for the straight to DVD thing - there's just no way that would happen -for financial reasons alone. That's an absurd idea - I totally agree.