New Video - Reuniting the Family

the_three_bears said:
The clip is meant to be a bit of fun, something to whet the fans appetite and keep us amused.
Some people have to stop and think that maybe they are taking this too seriously. What do you moaners want, 3 minutes of footage from the film? Then you would have people moaning that it is being spoiled by showing clips from Indy 4.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride all the way to Memorial Day. :gun: :hat:

No, we want footage that isn't 4 years old. If you're gonna "whet the fan's appetite" do so with newly recorded behind the scenes footage, not some stupid, out-of-date archival video. The new video was pointless because it just rehashed footage that mostly we've seen. If you get excited over seeing the same "news" that was posted a few weeks ago re-edited into the same "news" that is posted now... well... I feel sorry for you; you're too easily led.

Inbanana

I think its going to be very difficult to remain spoiler free until Memorial Day... I mean, within the month or two prior to the release, the novelization will come out, the comic, soundtrack, illustrated screenplay/encyclopedia, calendar, toys... not to mention all the trailers, reports from the premier, and then everyone is going to be posting all of these things online.

They're not releasing too much information right now because, its all about timing, and quite honestly, $$.... which I'm not saying that they're not entitled to make, but I don't know how many people are actually going to be able to go in to the theater come Memorial Day without a pretty good knowledge of what the movie is going to be about... so I think they have room to throw us a few more bones, without the possibility of the movie being spoiled too much...

Professor Jones

Well, I'm not eager to see three minutes of footage of the movie right now, and I don't criticize the last video they posted, because it was just for fun and for fans.

Still I admit I'd love to see some backstage footage or some nice new. Besides, they don't need to anticipate nothing: they could feed our curiosity (due to almost 20 years of waiting!Let's remember this!) with some interview some technical informations or some hilarious reports from the set. A few photos would fit (one per month, for instance, would mean less than 10 photos posted before the movie!).

the_three_bears

ResidentAlien said:
No, we want footage that isn't 4 years old. If you're gonna "whet the fan's appetite" do so with newly recorded behind the scenes footage, not some stupid, out-of-date archival video. The new video was pointless because it just rehashed footage that mostly we've seen. If you get excited over seeing the same "news" that was posted a few weeks ago re-edited into the same "news" that is posted now... well... I feel sorry for you; you're too easily led.

This is a classic example of someone taking it too serious!
For heavens sake its a 3 minute video of previous stuff - so what?
Indy 4 --- It is A FILM
Dont get me wrong I love the trilogy and I am really looking forward to seeing Indy 4, I have $10,000 worth of Indy figures but am I close to having a breakdown over a 3 minute video? No.
As I said before sit back and enjoy the ride. :D

bergstrom

There are a dozen things u can do little webdocs on, without spoiling the film. Remember Hyperspace webdocs? Costume designs, stunt co-ordination, physical effects, location scouting, set design/art direction and then later.....

as the film nears release, some docs on the editing of the film, the music/ john williams being filmed with orchestra, a doc on karen allen, loads of stuff and theres no mention of plot or story, just interviews with the production crew, so the film isn't spoiled for anyone.

Easy.

Brad

the_three_bears said:
This is a classic example of someone taking it too serious!
For heavens sake its a 3 minute video of previous stuff - so what?
Indy 4 --- It is A FILM
Dont get me wrong I love the trilogy and I am really looking forward to seeing Indy 4, I have $10,000 worth of Indy figures but am I close to having a breakdown over a 3 minute video? No.
As I said before sit back and enjoy the ride. :D

If we're going to be given stuff, I'd rather be given something worth seeing. A 3 minute video of 4 year old footage is not worth seeing. That's not taking things too seriously, that's being disappointed that we're being jerked around and expected to take it with a smile.

I must say though, I do enjoy being relegated to an example; a "somone."

chapter11

ResidentAlien said:
If you get excited over seeing the same "news" that was posted a few weeks ago re-edited into the same "news" that is posted now... well... I feel sorry for you; you're too easily led.

Excited? Not really, no. But I think most well adjusted, somewhat positive-thinking people would just shrug and move on rather than complaining and moaning and generally bemoaning the quality of an unfinished movie based on a little clip like this. I think Misha has it exactly right: This board is heavily weighted on the negative side.

chapter11 said:
Excited? Not really, no. But I think most well adjusted, somewhat positive-thinking people would just shrug and move on rather than complaining and moaning and generally bemoaning the quality of an unfinished movie based on a little clip like this. I think Misha has it exactly right: This board is heavily weighted on the negative side.

When and where did I bemoan the quality of the film itself? I do beseech you to explain that to me; I haven't, you see. But I think our definitions of "normal" are divergent. Normalcy I equate with complacency and I'd rather stand up and judge things for myself than to turn a blind eye and bow down in said complacency. If you can't question and make up your own conclusions... well what good are you then? Bleat in compliance if you like. I choose not to.

Dr.Sartorius

I wouldn't mind seeing some on the set interviews (non-spoiler) with Cate Blanchett, Harrison, Ray Winstone, and John Hurt.

deckard24

Why is it that anytime anyone god forbid has an opposing view regarding something Spielberg or Lucas does, they're lambasted for it?

As for an overwhelming tone of negativity around here, I just don't see it! I'd rather see differences of opinion then have everyone in complete agreement. What would be the point then? Last time I checked we're all here to discuss, debate, and spectulate.

ResidentAlien, I'm with you completely!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Just want to voice my general support for the positions espoused by ResidentAlien and deckard24 - if we don't turn a critical eye on things we learn, what good are we?

deckard24

Good to hear it Attila! The sometimes heated and lively discussions are why I enjoy The Raven so much!

Speaking of generating a good debate, where's Clinton Hammond when you need him?

No Ticket

Personally... ResidentAlien and deckard24...

I don't see what all the hub bub is about. Yeah! I said Hub Bub! It's just a stupid video on the official site. Are you really that excited to see some behind the scenes footage that you were THAT disappointed by that video? I would personally rather they not show us much behind the scenes stuff at ALL and save it for the DVD release or something.

I do agree with you though, on your point, that it's pointless. It pretty much is pointless. I just don't see why everyone is making such a big deal out of it.

Kingsley

I know the last video is poor compared to the others. No new footgae.

But in the way they put the pieces together they are generating new (and official) meanings about the tone of Indy 4 and his connection with the trilogy.

Misha

deckard24 said:
Why is it that anytime anyone god forbid has an opposing view regarding something Spielberg or Lucas does, they're lambasted for it?

That has never been my point. It simply has struck me how big the negativety is on this forum. Just an observation.