Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm... Two mystery hubs.... Was somebody listening when I said that I wouldn't buy the game if they were only adding KOTCS levels?

They're still going to have to do better than that! ;)

My guess: Maybe a Young Indy Hub with 5 of the more popular episodes and Fate of Atlantis Hub.

Both would be totally awesome! Even one of them would be just great!

Or even a totally new story, though an actual linear story and not a puzzle level like the unlockables in the Artefact Room in the first one.

Though I'm afraid, the puzzle level type thing would be mroe likely of the lot.

RedeemedChild

The Tingler said:
I agree. Big games just take too long to download, and you never really own them properly. Also, the Go! itself looks very cheaply made.

Not a chance, I'm afraid! Not enough kids will have seen the series, for one thing.

Yes Tingler and furthermore when I had the PSP 2000 and tried downloading things from the PSN Store if the internet connection was around 20% or 30% the PSP simply dropped the download. Then there is the whole painful scenario of having to search for a Wi-Fi Connection and many Wi-Fi Connections aren't even compatible with the PSP or the DS for that matter.

No, I will most defiantly be sticking with the PSP 3000 and another thing that gives me a headache is the fact that the PSP GO! looks a lot like the T-Mobile Sidekick.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
My guess: Maybe a Young Indy Hub with 5 of the more popular episodes and Fate of Atlantis Hub.

The Fate of Atlantis thing is seeming less impossible than it once did. LucasArts is actually making some effort at remembering their history, it would seem, what with FoA being included with SoK, and then this new Monkey Island news.

Morning Bell

Attila the Professor said:
The Fate of Atlantis thing is seeming less impossible than it once did. LucasArts is actually making some effort at remembering their history, it would seem, what with FoA being included with SoK, and then this new Monkey Island news.

This would be a great idea and I'd be even more psyched for the game if they managed to squeeze some classic Indy games and novels in there somewhere.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
A Lego Masks of Evil level! Lego Dracula!

Which Young Indy story would make the best lego level?

Masks of Evil would definitely be a solid contender. I could see either segment - particularly the Edison one - of Spring Break Adventure having potential (a chase, crazy stuff in the lab, fire).

Certainly Phantom Train of Doom. Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, possibly (it's a bit obvious, but they did include it with the trilogy in that release wave). And there should be a Corey Carrier era one in there - maybe the first part of Curse of the Jackal, in Egypt?

(All of this is running on the assumption that a single episode, being so unfamiliar to most, would only have a single level, and on the theory that there could be 5, if we're talking 5 levels per hub.)

Lego Mata Hari?

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues Impressions

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...es-2-The-Adventure-Continues-Impressions.html

We know exactly what you’re thinking; we thought it too. When we heard LucasArts was doing a second LEGO Indiana Jones game, but it was just the four movies and not some new adventures, we thought it was kind of a sleazy move. After all, we just played the first three movies in LEGO style last summer’s LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. But when we actually saw LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues at LucasArt’s booth at E3 this year, it was clear that's not what's going on here at all.

For starters, the levels for the first three movies have been completely redone, and while the game is still the same — as it has basically been for all the LEGO games — the levels are all new. There are also levels based on scenes from the films that were previously unplayable. For example, you can now engage in the car chase scene through Shanghai from 1984’s Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom, which had just been shown as a cut scene in the original LEGO Indiana Jones.

LEGO-Indiana-Jones-2.gif

Of course, there are four Indy movies, and Adventure now includes an adaptation of last year’s Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. This might not be an incentive for those who hated the movie as much as, say, the creators of South Park, but for those of us who enjoyed the film, maybe even got it on Blu-ray, this is good news. Especially since this section of the game is actually as long as the ones for the first three movies combined.

They’ve also changed the way the game is played co-op. Unlike before, where two player characters couldn’t get too far apart, the game now allows for long distances, and will split the screen in two when, say, Indy tries to run away from Willie.

LEGO-Indiana-Jones-2.gif

But the coolest thing about LEGO Indiana Jones 2, something we wished they’d done for one of the LEGO Star Wars games, is the inclusion of a level building option. Using the same development tools the designers did to make the game, which include all the same LEGO pieces, you can actually make your own levels, complete with crazy traps.

Sadly, LucasArts hasn’t figured out how, or even if, you’ll be able to share your levels online with other LEGO lovers (though they have ruled out the idea of transferring them onto a memory card you then bring to a friend’s house). But if that means my friends have to come over to play my own Temple Of Doom, so be it.

Short Rounded

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sadly, LucasArts hasn’t figured out how, or even if, you’ll be able to share your levels online with other LEGO lovers (though they have ruled out the idea of transferring them onto a memory card you then bring to a friend’s house). But if that means my friends have to come over to play my own Temple Of Doom, so be it.
It said on the Lucasarts website 'Share the levels with friends'. It might be possible to send them.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Morning Bell said:
I like the fact that the levels have been re-done; that's a big plus for me.

Yeah. Be interesting to see how they've re-done it.

Anyhow, I guess that means no Fate of Atlantis or other treats, at least not ones that we'll be making ourselves. And really? KotCS is going to be the same length as the other three combined? Bizarre.

Niteshade007

18 levels of KotCS? Is that even possible? I just tried going through the scenes in the movie, but it's been so long I actually forgot...

Glad that levels were redone. It'll make it easier to justify buying this.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Niteshade007 said:
18 levels of KotCS? Is that even possible? I just tried going through the scenes in the movie, but it's been so long I actually forgot...

Glad that levels were redone. It'll make it easier to justify buying this.

15 levels of KotCS that would mean, apparently. Each hub has 5 levels, or so suggests one of those articles.

For the sake of discussion:

1) Indy and Mac in Mexico
2) Area 51/The Warehouse
3) rocket sled/the desert
4) Doomtown
5) the college
6) the motorcycle chase (I can see them splitting these, somehow)
7) town in Peru/sanitarium
8) Chauchilla cemetery
9) Chauchilla tombs
10) Soviet camp/quicksand
11) the chase
12) Ants
13) the river/waterfall
14) the city of Akator
15) the treasure/throne room/finale

And, yeah, I really hope I'm wrong about this. But it's doable.

Niteshade007

Attila the Professor said:
15 levels of KotCS that would mean, apparently. Each hub has 5 levels, or so suggests one of those articles.

For the sake of discussion:

1) Indy and Mac in Mexico
2) Area 51/The Warehouse
3) rocket sled/the desert
4) Doomtown
5) the college
6) the motorcycle chase (I can see them splitting these, somehow)
7) town in Peru/sanitarium
8) Chauchilla cemetery
9) Chauchilla tombs
10) Soviet camp/quicksand
11) the chase
12) Ants
13) the river/waterfall
14) the city of Akator
15) the treasure/throne room/finale

And, yeah, I really hope I'm wrong about this. But it's doable.

Were there only five levels for each movie? For some reason I was thinking six. I still think fifteen is a bit much, but your makes sense. Although, is there anything that really happens at the college to make that a level? They've made stuff out of nothing before, but I can't really remember anything to go on from that scene.

Perhilion

ok, I'm sort of confused. So, the KotCS part will be massive, right? But will we still get the first three movies?

Morning Bell

Perhilion said:
ok, I'm sort of confused. So, the KotCS part will be massive, right? But will we still get the first three movies?

Apparently, although I'm wondering how big KOTCS will really be. It may contain 10-15 levels but they may be smaller and take the same amount of time to complete as the other three movies. I hope not, but it's too early to tell at this point.

http://nintendo-games-center.com/nintendo-wii/wii-game-releases/lego-indiana-jones-2-

Even though the game will revisit the content of previous movies, LucasArts claims that none of the content in Lego Indy 2 will be recycled from the previous game; it’ll be all-new, 100% fresh content. The game will have a variety of international levels that will have platforming, item-collection, and fighting elements. Indy can still fight with his fists and with his whip, and he has a few new moves; he can now sight targets for his whip with a glowing green cursor, and, when he swings his whip, he’ll temporarily tie up and incapacitate his foe, at which point he can then pick up his enemy and carry him over his shoulder. In addition, the game will have a robust level editor with six different environment types that will let you deform terrain by dragging your “paintbrush” (in this case, a little Lego skeleton flying around in a Lego flying saucer) across it, digging valleys to fill with river water or lava, or raising terrain to make hills or pyramids.

But to the creator’s credit, Lego Indy 2 will pack in a ton of story-related content with retold versions of every single movie to date. The game’s introductory cinematic is a modified version of the cafe scene in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in which Harrison Ford and Shia LeBouf are arguing over a treasure map and a band of thugs attacks them. In another sequence, the infamous “Ark discovery” scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark is retold as a fully playable level, except that instead of having the evil Nazis’ faces horrifically melt like wax, the Ark of the Covenant instead compels them to dance a nifty disco jig…then zaps them with lightning.