New KotCS picture

tocksic

attachments.php

I don't know where it comes from. It was just posted in the german indy message board. If this picture was postet here before I apologize. I couldn't find any thread with the picture in it.

Ska

WOW, that is ugly...and I love it! That set looks evil.

Is that Mac behind Mutt?

Blue Jay

after putting that pic in my library in picasa it showed the descripton of the pic as followed:
This image released on Monday, Jan. 14th 2008 by Lucasfilm Ltd. shows from left to right: Ray Winstone, Shia LeBeouf, Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", the first film about Ford's archeologist-adventurer in 19 years. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd., David James) **NO ARCHIVE NO SALE**

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Juhuuuuuuu!

...nice...just came back from a nice bicycle trip and look what's here :D

And still some of my inner demons want to push Shia down those stairs.
I think Indy himself looks a bit weird from that distance. Can't wait to take a closer look at a bigger version. I wonder who posted that image, tocksic. Thanks anyway for the hint.

I try to avoid fantasizing about the (it's obviously a) temple (of some sorts) too much.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
As the inscription indicates it's an official release via AP. I just checked out the spielberfilms boards and someone there located the release over at yahoo. It's just a tiny little version too, though.

edit: Some commenters over there deem the pic a bit too "soundstage-ish". I don't think they are necessarily wrong with that assessment. Again it's important to keep in mind that this is, just as the three previous pics, an official image with a certain kind of lightning (or lack thereof) and angle.

Last edited:

commontone

Right...the temple in ToD looked pretty cool on film, I thought, but as with any set, when you see "normal" photography of it, like the camcorder-type stuff in the DVD extras, it looks very soundstage-y and fake.

The interior of the grail temple in LC is the same way. When you see the footage of them filming the temple collapsing, with the floor breaking apart on hydraulics, it looks quite fake. The cinematography and editing took care of it, as they will for KotCS.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I know that this is rather not-so-constructive moaning but...I don't think this photo is too spoilerish. I hope I'll be able to discuss the upcoming teaser and one sheet in the non-spoiler section.

Just a thought. :)

DaveTheHutt

Hey, nice - I get what people are saying about soundstage-y, but it's still cool! Dying to see Indy actually doing something though, rather than wandering around with a curious expression on his chops!

Here's to a few more 'revelations' over the coming weeks as we build to the trailer release!

Grethe

Have a look at this - here's a page I just scanned from my copy of Karl Brugger's Die Chronik von Akakor (The Chronicle of Akakor):

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/GretheB/unterakakor.jpg

*possible serious spoiler* highlight to make visible: quote from the book (p. 40):
"..zu den Tunneln, die Unterakakor mit den anderen unterirdischen Städten verbinden. Sie haben schräge Wände und eine flache Decke. Die Gänge sind groß genug für fünf aufrecht gehende Männer." (.....to the tunnels that link subterranean Akakor with the other subterranean cities. The walls are sloping and the ceilng is straight. The tunnels are tall enough for five upright men)

Apologies for mistypos, translation errors etc. , it's been a while since I did German as the compulsory second foreign language in school. Nevertheless, the description fits almost too well --- The new shot could be from either a tunnel - or perhaps even the staircase down to the secret temple area.)

Last edited by a moderator:

snake_surprise

Thanks for posting this.

The biggest issue that I have with this, as well as the other pics that have been posted, is how clean they look. Indy and Mutt look like they just picked their clothes up at the dry cleaners instead of trolling through filthy temples.

The lighting is a bit much, too. There should only be the light from the torch, but I will not make this a HUGE issue until the film comes out. I thought the lighting in TOD was good...it felt natural. This looks too much like National Treasure or the Goonies, in which the filmmakers cheat more than they should with lights.

TheLastCrusader

snake_surprise said:
Thanks for posting this.

The biggest issue that I have with this, as well as the other pics that have been posted, is how clean they look. Indy and Mutt look like they just picked their clothes up at the dry cleaners instead of trolling through filthy temples.

The lighting is a bit much, too. There should only be the light from the torch, but I will not make this a HUGE issue until the film comes out. I thought the lighting in TOD was good...it felt natural. This looks too much like National Treasure or the Goonies, in which the filmmakers cheat more than they should with lights.
It's not a screenshot, it's a photo ;)

peterlally

metalinvader said:
I love how Indy is holding a torch aswell.

You took the words out of my mouth, i bet theres a joke where his electric touch runs out of batteries... Indy: Lets do this the old fashioned way...

snake_surprise

TheLastCrusader said:
It's not a screenshot, it's a photo ;)

So they have massive flood lights only to tone it all down to a more realistic soft light in post?

And then they will digitally add wrinkles and dirt or blood stains on their clothes in post as well?

I doubt it.

metalinvader

peterlally said:
You took the words out of my mouth, i bet theres a joke where his electric touch runs out of batteries... Indy: Lets do this the old fashioned way...

Heh,See the flashlight I really don't mind.It's just visually a torch is so much cooler looking.:p