New KotCS picture

tocksic

sandiegojones said:
Looks good, but I would expect it to be darker on the actual film (like the opening to "Raiders"), the camera is likely in front of them too. This is a production still.

I know. I never said something else. ;) This pic was just meant to help imagine how that scene (in general - not exactly what we see in that picture) could kinda look like in the movie.

Arab Swordsman

metalinvader said:
Very nice!(y) It does look alot better.
In all seriousness,I really doubt this is a scene from the movie.Most likely they told all of the 'good guy' actors to pose in the arch way for a promo pic,Which may explain the lack of Indy's gun belt.

But if it was posed wouldn't they make sure to have Marion's face visable? It looks like it's just a production still.

joelwatts

Blue Jay said:
reminds a bit of how they looked in the comic con video

Excellent point. The reason being that we have all four characters in the same scene. Indy movies aren't the kind of movies that keep the ensemble together for very long. They are splitting up, doing different things, getting captured, etc. So this photo may have been taken at the same time the Comic Con video was shot. That may also make some sense as to why Indy doesn't have his holster in this shot. Remember the contoversy over it's absence in the Comic Con video? I think the best explanantion was that it was in the hands of the prop master. If this picture was shot at the same time as the video, then the absence of the hoslter is evidence that this is just posed publicity shot.

WhipItGood

Thanks for the larger image size! Does anyone else think that faces/heads have been 'photoshopped' out of this image?

If that's Marion and someone else behind Indy, those people seem strangely 'shortened' not to have at least part of their heads visible. And even though my work monitor is a piece of crap, that looks like a matte line over Indy's shoulder. We'll see if another version of this photo appears later.

Agreed, this sure looks like a publicity photo and so the lighting would not match the final camera image.

SterankoII

I think it but the pic was taken from a different angle. There's a pic I remember from Raiders where Indy is repelling into the Well of the Souls. It's not a still from the movie but similar.

People should stop worrying about how clean everything looks. The cameras and film now are much better and have higer resolution then they had twenty years ago.

joelwatts

WhipItGood said:
Thanks for the larger image size! Does anyone else think that faces/heads have been 'photoshopped' out of this image?

If that's Marion and someone else behind Indy, those people seem strangely 'shortened' not to have at least part of their heads visible.
I believe the perspective is correct, as the POV is from below. Look at the stacked stones in the archway. Use them as a perspective guide and it shows that it's correct. But Mac must be really tall!

snake_surprise

SterankoII said:
People should stop worrying about how clean everything looks. The cameras and film now are much better and have higer resolution then they had twenty years ago.

This is not the point.
Also keep in mind that Spielberg shoots in film, not HD like his pal Lucas.
An HD transfer of the original three would look just as good as this one will look.

Ford's pants are way to perfect, no matter how you dice it. Its like he just put them on after finding them in a bag in that gold pot.

tocksic

I don't think that's John Hurt behind Indy. I envisage something like that:

gundv4.jpg

WhipItGood

joelwatts said:
I believe the perspective is correct, as the POV is from below. Look at the stacked stones in the archway. Use them as a perspective guide and it shows that it's correct. But Mac must be really tall!

If we're talking perspective, consider this if you can trust the information available:

Ray Winstone is reportedly 5' 10" tall
Shia is 5' 10 1/2"
Harrison is 6' 1"
and Karen Allen 5' 7"

If true, then Karen is only 3" shorter than Ray. If she's standing next to him, the top of her head should be about eye-level to Ray... yet her entire head is unseen and she's standing in FRONT of Ray. If anything, perspective would say she should appear slightly taller than she really is, since Ray is behind her and thus farther away.

It's awfully tough to prove much of anything with such obscured sightlines, though. Just food for thought.

tocksic

WhipItGood said:
If we're talking perspective, consider this if you can trust the information available:

Ray Winstone is reportedly 5' 10" tall
Shia is 5' 10 1/2"
Harrison is 6' 1"
and Karen Allen 5' 7"

If true, then Karen is only 3" shorter than Ray. If she's standing next to him, the top of her head should be about eye-level to Ray... yet her entire head is unseen and she's standing in FRONT of Ray. If anything, perspective would say she should appear slightly taller than she really is, since Ray is behind her and thus farther away.

It's awfully tough to prove much of anything with such obscured sightlines, though. Just food for thought.

Ray stands on the steps in the background.

Ska

Those dragon heads look familiar...anyone remember the pics from someone that "snuck" onto the sets in CA before they dissassembled them? I swear that room had dragon heads also...we thought it was from National Treasure 2...but I'm not so sure anymore.

And I can't find the pics anywhere!

EDIT:
Found the pictures...
http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2007/10/new-exclusive-indiana-jones-4-set-pics.html

Doesn't look like the same head to me...mouth/teeth are different.

Last edited:

AHegele

I agree I recall those heads in other pics that people assumed were National Treasure 2.

Great picture though, I am a bit worried about the cleanliness of the clothing as well.

commontone

I'm willing to bet there are makeup and wardrobe people specifically charged with making sure the actors and their clothes are dirtied or bloodied as appropriate. IMDB now has an extensive list of crew members, which is probably legit at this point. Both the makeup and wardrobe departments have a couple dozen people each--somebody in there (probably an intern) was given the job of stomping Indy's pants into the dirt at some point. Also, the continuity people are going to be keeping tabs on that stuff. As if the actors would go through filming the whole movie with pristine clothes and Spielberg wouldn't even notice? Don't worry about the clothes!! :D

Last edited:

littledavid2

I think those images weren't from NT2 in the end...think of how the skull in KoCS teaser poster is similar to one of the rock/marble faces you could see in the walls of that set...

Arab Swordsman

The cleanliness of the clothing could be because Indy has hung up the whip and hat to just teach and is now thrust back into action. I'm sure he wouldn't keep the old, dirty clothes in his closet. Mutt's wound also doesn't look fresh so it could have happened in a scene before they get to the temple.

My thought would be Indy, Mutt, Marion, Mac, and the fifth figure get to the temple ahead of the Russians but are ambushed while they are there. Then they have to escape and the "dirtyness" ensues.

Also, Indy's pants are clean in the earlier photo with him and Mutt kneeling down. Only his hat is dirty.