Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Russian Translation Thread

Agent Z

"Russians!"

:whip:

As the thread title states, if a word is spoken, whispered, or shouted in Russian during Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, then we will (hopefully) eventually list the appropriate English translation within this thread.

Here's how it will work...

If you know the proper English translation for any Russian speak in the film or novel, then post the following in this order:

Russian word or phrase = English translation - scene in which word/line is spoken in film or book

EXAMPLE:

1. "Prasteete!" = "Excuse me!" - Spalko interrupts the confrontation between Indy and Dovchenko on the tarmac at Area 51, while exiting her car.

If the phrase is used in both a book adaptation and in the film, then no notations need to be made.

If the phrase is found only in a book adaptation, then please note that and I will tag it appropriately.

To avoid confusion, I will eventually list all translated lines back in this post (mod edit-willing), and sort them sequentially as they occur in the story.

If the interest is there, I may post some audio of the Russian spoken in the film to be listened to more carefully.

I think this can be a fun thread! I sure hope we have some members fluent in Russian! :D For those who aren't, please check several sources before submitting a translation and, if anyone sees a mistake with a translation already posted, feel free to speak up. The goal of this thread is to work together to help us understand and enjoy the film more!

If a mod sees it fit to be done, a sticky of this thread would be appreciated!

Good luck! All translations will start listing below:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Russian to English Translations

1. "Prasteete!" = "Excuse me!" - Spalko interrupts the confrontation between Indy and Dovchenko on the tarmac at Area 51, while exiting her car.

2. "Moyo zolotse" = "My gold" - Spalko mutters this as she surveys the alien remains from the just opened coffin at Area 51. Note: In the James Rollins novel, Spalko says this line as she starts opening the coffin's crate with a prybar.

Agent Z

So Far...

2. "Davai!"* = "Let's go!" - Spalko gives the verbal command to detonate the explosives attached to the Area 51 warehouse power box.

3. "Moyo zolotse" = "My gold" - Spalko mutters this as she surveys the alien remains from the just opened coffin at Area 51. Note: In the James Rollins novel, Spalko says this line as she starts opening the coffin's crate with a prybar.

4. "Do svidania, Dr. Jones." = "See you, Dr. Jones." - Spalko's obligatory villainous quip as she is set to push Indy's vehicle off the side of the cliff.

* Thanks to "Amazon Warrior" over at agentspalko.com for help with this one. Apparently, "Davai" has several meanings based on context. In this instance, it appears to mean "Do it!" or "Let's go!"...

Benraianajones

Does anyone know what she says when she is on the jeep near the start of the jungle chase, just after shes been firing some rounds out of her gun, and does a pointing action with her hand?

Also, in the warehouse she says something that I assume means "hand me a knife" or something, I'd be interested to hear what they mean.

The Golden Idol

Agent Z said:
3. "Moyo zolotse" = "My gold" - Spalko mutters this as she surveys the alien remains from the just opened coffin at Area 51. Note: In the James Rollins novel, Spalko says this line as she starts opening the coffin's crate with a prybar.

Actually, it should be "Moyo zoloto".

Texas

Can anyone translate what Andrew Divoff and Pavel Lynchnikoff's characters say early on at Hanger 51?

Agent Z

Texas said:
Can anyone translate what Andrew Divoff and Pavel Lynchnikoff's characters say early on at Hanger 51?

Are they the two soldiers who exit the car, shouting orders, after Indy's entrance? :confused:

Agent Z

PEMY! :hat:

PEMY! :)

:whip:

Texas said:

It sounds like Andrew is yelling for a sandwich*.... :p

* right before Indy turns back around to deliver the "Russians!" line

Last edited by a moderator:

The Golden Idol

Well, it seems that I'm the only Russian speaker on this board (sorry if I missed anyone) but here are the translations:

Benraianajones said:
Does anyone know what she says when she is on the jeep near the start of the jungle chase, just after shes been firing some rounds out of her gun, and does a pointing action with her hand?

Also, in the warehouse she says something that I assume means "hand me a knife" or something, I'd be interested to hear what they mean.

1. She says "On yedit!" which means "He's coming!" or "He's driving!"

2. You got that one right.

Texas said:

They're saying "Engineer, open the gate!" and "Faster, faster, faster!", respectively.

Agent Z said:
It sounds like Andrew is yelling for a sandwich*.... :p

* right before Indy turns back around to deliver the "Russians!" line

Close, but no cigar. ;)

Snakes said:
What does Dovchenko say after Indy asks him for bullets?

He says "He wants my bullets!" and starts laughing.

Agent Z said:

Why do you keep saying that?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Great to have you around, Golden Idol!

There are also the Russian dialogue files from the Infernal Machine game, about 30 minutes in, if you're interested in giving them a listen.

I'm surprised no one called Indy a capitalist pig. The Nazi by the submarine called him a pig, so did Mola Ram...

The Golden Idol

Moedred said:
Great to have you around, Golden Idol!

There are also the Russian dialogue files from the Infernal Machine game, about 30 minutes in, if you're interested in giving them a listen.

"Stop! Hey, you! Surrender, Jones! Surrender, comrade! Stay still! You have no chance! We surrounded you, capitalistic fool! Get outta here! Careful! You're here again? You, come here! That's forbidden! What a wonderful leather jacket!"

These phrases are repeated over and over with minor variations by various Russians, some of which, I may add, have terrible pronunciation.

I've never played the game, but why the hell do those Russian guys compliment Indy on his jacket?! :confused:

Moedred said:
I'm surprised no one called Indy a capitalist pig.
Well, they call him a capitalistic fool in the game, as you can tell from my translation.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's a running gag from the Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis Lucasarts adventure games. "I'm selling these fine leather jackets" was occasionally among Indy's 3 or 4 dialogue options when he encountered new people. It surfaced in other Lucasarts games like Monkey Island.

Emperor's Tomb has its share of unexpected generic dialogue, but no jacket reference apparently. Thanks, Golden Idol!

The Golden Idol

Moedred said:
It's a running gag from the Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis Lucasarts adventure games. "I'm selling these fine leather jackets" was occasionally among Indy's 3 or 4 dialogue options when he encountered new people. It surfaced in other Lucasarts games like Monkey Island.

Emperor's Tomb has its share of unexpected generic dialogue, but no jacket reference apparently. Thanks, Golden Idol!

No problem. That's weird, why would Indy be selling jackets? :confused: