Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Russian Translation Thread

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Golden Idol said:
Irina: "Moyo zolotse" = "My precious" (Even though "gold" is the literal translation, it means something more like "precious" in this scene)

Heh, you sure it doesn't translate as "knowledge"?

StoneTriple

The Golden Idol said:
RT012.jpg
Speaking of translations - what's Russian for damn sexy? ;)

Texas

What does Dovchenko say when his troops pick him up from the Rocket Sled?

Also, I think Dovchenko utters a line or two during the Russian camp scene in the jungle. What does he say here?

Agent Z

Hey Golden Idol, thanks so much! Here is the adjusted entry with new screencaps! Thanks for spotting those additional phrases! More bonus "davai"! :)

Chapter Two: "The Warehouse"

RT006.jpg

Dovchenko: "On hotchet moyi potroni" = "He wants my bullets!"

RT007.jpg

Irina: "Schivelitis!" = "Move!"

RT008.jpg

Irina: "Naydite!" = "Find it!"

RT009.jpg

Dovchenko: "Vse komne! Zavadite mashinu, schivelitis, bistro!" = "Everyone come to me! Rev up the car, move, fast!"

RT009a.jpg

Soldiers: ""Taschite! Tak tochno! Davai, davai!" = " "Pull! Yes sir! Come on, come on!"

RT009b.jpg

Soldiers: ""Ras, dva, tri!" = "One, two, three!"

RT010.jpg

Irina: "Nisite v machinu!" = "Take it to the car!"

RT011.jpg

Irina: "Dayte mne nozh" = "Hand me a knife."

Soldier: "Nozh, bistro!" = "A knife, quick!"

RT012.jpg

Irina: "Moyo zolotse" = "My precious" (Even though "gold" is the literal translation, it means something more like "precious" in this scene)

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
Agent Z, bring on the next chapter!

:D

Chapter 3: "I Like Ike"

RT013.jpg

Irina: "Go cut him off!" (Going off the English dubbing done for the US Valentine's Day teaser)

RT014.jpg

Irina: I'm not sure about this one. Before Irina yells "He's not to get out of here alive! Block the exits!", she either yells a word, or a soldier's name? Not sure... :confused:

RT015.jpg

Soldier:

RT016.jpg

Dovchenko:

RT017.jpg

Soldier:

The Golden Idol

RT013.jpg

Irina: "Dagnat ivo!" = "Catch up to him!"
Yup, the English dub was wrong.

As Spalko gets into the car, various soldiers are yelling "Dagnat!" which means "Catch up [to him]!", "Davai!" and "Bistro!" ("fast!")

RT014.jpg

Irina: "Zhivo! ("Quickly!") He's not to get out of here alive! Block the exits!"

RT015.jpg

Soldier: "Tavarish commandir! Gde vi?" = "Comrade commander! Where are you?" Keep in mind this is only the first part of what the soldiers in the truck say, I couldn't tell what they said when they drove right up to Dovchenko.

RT016.jpg

Dovchenko: "Naydite Jonsa!" = "Find Jones!"

RT017.jpg

Soldier: "Bomba! Ona vsarvyotsa!" = "A bomb! I'll explode!"

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
Sorry, I meant "A bomb! It'll explode!"

LOL @ how I originally wrote it!

:D I was wondering! *LOL*

Alright, great work! Man, so cool! (y)

Okay, the adjusted:

RT013.jpg

Irina: "Dagnat ivo!" = "Catch up to him!"

RT013a.jpg

Soldiers:: "Dagnat!" = "Catch up [to him]!" / "Davai!" and "Bistro!" = "fast!"

RT014.jpg

Irina: "Zhivo! = "Quickly!"

RT015.jpg

Soldier: "Tavarish commandir! Gde vi?" = "Comrade commander! Where are you?" (Keep in mind this is only the first part of what the soldiers in the truck say, I couldn't tell what they said when they drove right up to Dovchenko.)

RT016.jpg

Dovchenko: "Naydite Jonsa!" = "Find Jones!"

RT017.jpg

Soldier: "Bomba! Ona vsarvyotsa!" = "A bomb! It'll explode!"

The Golden Idol said:
Next chapter, Agent Z!

Soon! On the way! :)

Last edited:

Udvarnoky

I think the identities of Andrew Divoff and Pavel Lychnikoff are confused in the opening scene. Great work, by the way!

Agent Z

Udvarnoky said:
I think the identities of Andrew Divoff and Pavel Lychnikoff are confused in the opening scene.

Yes, and I knew better too! *sighs*

When the final posting is done, with all the chapters, that will be corrected. Thanks for spotting that! :hat:

Udvarnoky said:
Great work, by the way!

Thanks! The Golden Idol has proven to be a great resource! An appropriate username if there ever was one. :D

The Golden Idol said:
Agent Z, when's the next chapter coming?

Now! :D

Chapter 4: "Of Interest to the Bureau" Nothing

Okay, and now comes the nightmare that is Chapter 5, which consists of many, many (potentially) Russian phrases shouted during the chase that takes place between the KGB baddies and Mutt and Indy on the motorbike.

So, this is very inexact, but I'm going to post as many screencaps as I can, approximated to the areas where I think I hear Russian.

Expect lots of pictures of cars and some people who are in the foreground of the shout, but not speaking the actual Russian in the background.

Let's get this one going then....

Chapter 5: "Mutt Williams"

RT018.jpg

KGB:

RT019.jpg

KGB:

RT020.jpg

KGB:

RT021.jpg

KGB:

RT022.jpg

KGB:

RT023.jpg

KGB:

RT024.jpg

KGB:

RT025.jpg

KGB:

RT026.jpg

KGB:

RT027.jpg

KGB:

RT028.jpg

KGB:

The Golden Idol

Agent Z said:
Thanks! The Golden Idol has proven to be a great resource! An appropriate username if there ever was one. :D

Haha, thanks!

RT018.jpg

KGB: "Von ani! Davai! Davai bigi bistrey!" = "There they are! Come on! Come on, run faster!"

Right before Indy goes "Go, go, go, go, go!" a Russian agent taps the other one on the shoulder and says "Davai, davai!"

RT019.jpg

KGB: "Davai ishyo, blizhe, blizhe!" = "Come on, more, [move] closer, closer!"

RT020.jpg

KGB: "Durak!" = "Stupid!/Idiot!"

RT021.jpg

KGB: "Von on! Derzhi ivo!" = "There he is! Hold him!"

RT022.jpg

KGB: "Aaah!"

As the car backs up, they may have said something quick in Russian, but I couldn't catch it.

RT023.jpg

KGB: "Vot! Davai, davai, za nim! Sukin sin!" = "There! Come on, come on, after him! Son of a bi*ch!"

RT024.jpg

KGB: "On uhodit! Bistreye, bistreye!" = "He's getting away! Faster, faster!"

What's interesting about the above sentence is that it's incorrect in Russian. The agent says "uhodit", which means "walking away", when he should have said "uyezhaet", which means "driving/riding away" (I wrote it as "getting away" in the above translation). Also, the agent that says the above lines has a non-Russian accent that is evident only in the above lines, which is a bit weird.

RT025.jpg

KGB: "Svolotch! Kaziol!" = "Bastard! Goat! (to call someone a goat is an insult in Russia)"

RT026.jpg

KGB: "Mama daragaya!" = "Mommy dearest!"

RT027.jpg

KGB: "Davai za nim! Bezhim!" = "Come on, after him! Run!"

RT028.jpg

KGB: "Davai, nazad! Pashli!" = "Go back! Let's go!"

Ready for Chapter 6!

Agent Z

RT018.jpg

KGB: "Von ani! Davai! Davai bigi bistrey!" = "There they are! Come on! Come on, run faster!"

Right before Indy goes "Go, go, go, go, go!" a Russian agent taps the other one on the shoulder and says "Davai, davai!"

RT019.jpg

KGB: "Davai ishyo, blizhe, blizhe!" = "Come on, more, [move] closer, closer!"

RT020.jpg

KGB: "Durak!" = "Stupid!/Idiot!"

RT021.jpg

KGB: "Von on! Derzhi ivo!" = "There he is! Hold him!"

RT022.jpg

KGB: "Aaah!"

As the car backs up, they may have said something quick in Russian, but I couldn't catch it.

RT023.jpg

KGB: "Vot! Davai, davai, za nim! Sukin sin!" = "There! Come on, come on, after him! Son of a bi*ch!"

RT024.jpg

KGB: "On uhodit! Bistreye, bistreye!" = "He's getting away! Faster, faster!"

What's interesting about the above sentence is that it's incorrect in Russian. The agent says "uhodit", which means "walking away", when he should have said "uyezhaet", which means "driving/riding away" (I wrote it as "getting away" in the above translation). Also, the agent that says the above lines has a non-Russian accent that is evident only in the above lines, which is a bit weird.

RT025.jpg

KGB: "Svolotch! Kaziol!" = "Bastard! Goat! (to call someone a goat is an insult in Russia)"

RT026.jpg

RT027.jpg

KGB: "Davai za nim! Bezhim!" = "Come on, after him! Run!"

RT028.jpg

KGB: "Davai, nazad! Pashli!" = "Go back! Let's go!"

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
RT026.jpg

*LOL* :D

That's awesome!

The Golden Idol said:
Ready for Chapter 6!

I was surprised how quickly Chapter 5 was done! :eek: You are nothing short of Awesome on top of Incredible my friend. :) Amazon Warrior, Regina, and the other fine Spalkonians over at AgentSpalko.com wanted me to pass along their gratitude for all you have done! :hat:

Chapter 6 will be up later today! :)

The Golden Idol

Agent Z said:
I was surprised how quickly Chapter 5 was done! :eek: You are nothing short of Awesome on top of Incredible my friend. :) Amazon Warrior, Regina, and the other fine Spalkonians over at AgentSpalko.com wanted me to pass along their gratitude for all you have done! :hat:

Chapter 6 will be up later today! :)

Hey, no problem!

"Always glad to help."

nitzsche

So basically, these Russian speaking parts are mostly just filler. The trouble I had with Spalko was Cate sounded like she was speaking something in English with a Russian accent when she was actually speaking Russian. I thought I was missing a lot of dialogue until I realized she was speaking Russian. In most cases, it is obvious - but there are moments where you think you should understand what Spalko is saying.

Thanks for this thread and for all the contributors for unlocking the translations!

Agent Z

nitzsche said:
The trouble I had with Spalko was Cate sounded like she was speaking something in English with a Russian accent when she was actually speaking Russian.

hum.gif

The Golden Idol said:
Hey, no problem!

"Always glad to help."

:)

A great quote to bring us to the interrogation theme of our next chapter too.....;)

Chapter 8: "Old Friends & Enemies"

RT029.jpg

Dovchenko: (There may be a Russian word before "professor"?)

RT030.jpg

Indy: "Nyet" = "In your face!"

RT031.jpg

Irina:

A surprisingly "easy" chapter, considering it mostly takes place in a Russian camp. There is some background Russian, such as when Indy and his captors exit the tent, but it would be tough to pick up on that dialogue, I'm sure.

Last edited: