What sort of ending should Indy IV have?

LASTCRUSADER

Hi guys. I was just wondering what your thoughts are on what type of ending whould be appropriate for Indy IV? Considering we don't even know what the movie is about there are alot of possibilities.

Should we have a traditional Indy ending leaving room for new adventures? Or should it be unlike any of the endings that we have seen in the past films that would bring Indy's adventures to an end?

HovitosKing

It should end the exact same way as Last Crusade. The cast riding into the sunset emptyhanded. That's how I want it done.

Randy_Flagg

Indy is in a clearing in a forest. He is about to board a UFO with his new alien buddies. Just as he is stepping onto the boarding ramp, a car pulls up. Willie, Marion, Short-Round, Sallah and Henry all get out of the car and run towards Indy.

They plead with him not to go, but Indy explains that he must. "It's time for me to move on," he says. He hugs each of his friends. The last person he hugs is Henry.
"Junior, don't go."
"I have to dad."
"Why, Junior? Why?"
"Come on, dad. You saw how long it took them to come up with a plot for this movie. There's nothing left for me to do on this planet. There are other worlds out there just teeming with possibilities for sequels."
"But they'll be stupid sequels, Junior. Not worth anybody's time. Let it go. Just let it go."
"I can't dad."
"Indiana... let it go."
Indy smiles. "Sorry dad, that line won't work this time. Lucas needs me."
Henry hugs him, and they bid goodbye.

Indy boards the UFO. He turns to wave one last time. The ramp closes. The ship lifts slowly and an emotional John Williams score begins. Cut to a shot looking downward at Indy's friends waving. Henry wipes a tear away, but looks up proudly. Cut to a distant shot. We see trees, and the ship rises above them. The music stirs. Cut to a shot looking up at the ship. The ship blasts off into the amber sky, and the music swells and seques into the Raiders March. End Credits.

Ska

Randy_Flagg said:
Indy is in a clearing in a forest. He is about to board a UFO with his new alien buddies. Just as he is stepping onto the boarding ramp, a car pulls up. Willie, Marion, Short-Round, Sallah and Henry all get out of the car and run towards Indy.

They plead with him not to go, but Indy explains that he must. "It's time for me to move on," he says. He hugs each of his friends. The last person he hugs is Henry.
"Junior, don't go."
"I have to dad."
"Why, Junior? Why?"
"Come on, dad. You saw how long it took them to come up with a plot for this movie. There's nothing left for me to do on this planet. There are other worlds out there just teeming with possibilities for sequels."
"But they'll be stupid sequels, Junior. Not worth anybody's time. Let it go. Just let it go."
"I can't dad."
"Indiana... let it go."
Indy smiles. "Sorry dad, that line won't work this time. Lucas needs me."
Henry hugs him, and they bid goodbye.

Indy boards the UFO. He turns to wave one last time. The ramp closes. The ship lifts slowly and an emotional John Williams score begins. Cut to a shot looking downward at Indy's friends waving. Henry wipes a tear away, but looks up proudly. Cut to a distant shot. We see trees, and the ship rises above them. The music stirs. Cut to a shot looking up at the ship. The ship blasts off into the amber sky, and the music swells and seques into the Raiders March. End Credits.

Hehehe...ok...just one thing to add. As the ship blasts off into the sky, a shot of a Swastika is shown imprinted on the UFO.

Randy_Flagg

SKAbatula said:
[
Hehehe...ok...just one thing to add. As the ship blasts off into the sky, a shot of a Swastika is shown imprinted on the UFO. [/B]

Ooohh... Very good!! Yes, let's add that.

westford

Nice one Randy! :D

It should have an open ending, one where you're left wondering what (if anything) happens next. I'm not saying they should make more sequels, but don't kill the franchise completely.

Actually, Randy and SKA's idea fits that pretty well! :p

intergamer

00Kevin said:
man, the rip-off of an epic thread

its ok to talk about things more than once, geez, whats with you: do you have to act like you're so great that you were in the old one, now you can't discuss it again, or at least let others discuss it?

there can be more ideas: maybe this thread can be better than the "epic thread"

00Kevin

Indyfan
intergamer said:
00Kevin said:

its ok to talk about things more than once, geez, whats with you: do you have to act like you're so great that you were in the old one, now you can't discuss it again, or at least let others discuss it?

more then once? okay!...more then 50...nokay

and no, bob's thread was perfect from begining to the end

intergamer

00Kevin said:
intergamer said:
00Kevin said:

right, right, I'm not dogging you, just remember that "newbies" <i>haven't</i> heard these before, and want to get in on the discussion.

I've said this before, but you DON'T actually have to read threads if you don't want to. At any rate, if you actually get bugged about something in a Indiana Jones thread, thats pretty sad. 00Kevin, I do realize however, that you simply remembering the good old days, when you had to walk 3 miles to school every day, in the snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways. Just like Indy in IJ4: "Do you remember when we didn't have fancy "computers"? We had to whine about other people's comments on paper! Kids today, they got no respect."

00Kevin

Indyfan
intergamer said:
00Kevin said:
intergamer said:
00Kevin said:

right, right, I'm not dogging you, just remember that "newbies" <i>haven't</i> heard these before, and want to get in on the discussion.

I've said this before, but you DON'T actually have to read threads if you don't want to. At any rate, if you actually get bugged about something in a Indiana Jones thread, thats pretty sad. 00Kevin, I do realize however, that you simply remembering the good old days, when you had to walk 3 miles to school every day, in the snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways. Just like Indy in IJ4: "Do you remember when we didn't have fancy "computers"? We had to whine about other people's comments on paper! Kids today, they got no respect."

OWWW! you have hurt me! I am emotionally scarred! I'm ganna go run to my mommy

lol

intergamer

00Kevin said:
intergamer said:
00Kevin said:
intergamer said:
00Kevin said:

OWWW! you have hurt me! I am emotionally scarred! I'm ganna go run to my mommy

lol

thus proving my point that you are "hurt" (or at least pretend to be) over relatively idiotic things

I'm not trying to start an argument here...just making a reasonable comment: disagree if you will

intergamer

Renderking Fisk said:
Teasing is half the fun.

is true. Which is why I disapprove of those who rebuff it, as if they are holy saviors. Of course, by my own doctrines, I should disapprove of myself right now because I'm whining about whining about whining. *disembowels himself.

intergamer

temple of john said:
I really do hate to say this but, I would rather see Indy die. I can't deal with another 16 years of rumors (not that there would be because Ford would be 78 by then.) maybe he is mortally wounded and as he is riding off, we see him kind of hunched over. maybe Mola Ram comes out of no where, with a chunk out of his ass from an alligator, and rips Indy's heart out. I don't know. I just hate the possibilty that we will be teased for another couple of years.

OK..but Indy dying would defeat the whole B movie/action serial thing...when did the Lone Ranger ever die?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
intergamer said:
temple of john said:
I really do hate to say this but, I would rather see Indy die. I can't deal with another 16 years of rumors (not that there would be because Ford would be 78 by then.) maybe he is mortally wounded and as he is riding off, we see him kind of hunched over. maybe Mola Ram comes out of no where, with a chunk out of his ass from an alligator, and rips Indy's heart out. I don't know. I just hate the possibilty that we will be teased for another couple of years.

OK..but Indy dying would defeat the whole B movie/action serial thing...when did the Lone Ranger ever die?

Forget the Lone Ranger...how about Shane, riding off...wounded? Dead? Alive?

How about Ethan Edwards, being condemned to wander between the winds?

How about Will Kane, completely disillusioned and having lost his faith in human nature?

How about William Munny, forced back into his old way of life on a quest for redemption?

And even if you don't want to look at these for influences...what's wrong with Indy IV being a revisionist adventure film?

bob

Although there is a bit of me that wants the epic thread to reamin forever intact i think that this issue should be redisscussed without the huge amount of baggage accumulated by the last one.

Randy_Flagg

bob said:
Although there is a bit of me that wants the epic thread to reamin forever intact i think that this issue should be redisscussed without the huge amount of baggage accumulated by the last one.

Let's face it-- the problem is that there's nothing much to discuss with Indy 4. We all WANT to talk about it, but in actuality, there's nothing there. We know nothing about it, and the movies aren't particularly deep or thought-provoking to begin with, so we're left with redundancy and idiocy in our posts (and yes, I'm guilty of both.) But hey, we're having fun, and isn't that what these forums are really for, when you get right down to it?

bob

I have never really known what the ending should be but i know what i want it to acieve:

1. A satisfying ending to the Indy saga
2. The resultion of the character of Indiana Jones
3. The representation that the era of Indy is over
4. Something that will perhaps be a little bit thought provoking at the end, perhaps a discussion by Indy on all that has happened.

I do not think that Indy should die, but i think it would be a wonderfully daring thing to do but lets face it, it doesnt fit into the genre of Indy.

Indy IV should kill off the Indy franchise in the best possible meaning of the word

I think that Indiana Jones should die in the sense that Indy becomes something else

I want to see something final though